Car Accident Lawyer Jefferson County, MO
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may need help getting the medical care that you need to fully recover from your injuries. Your insurance company, or the insurance company of the responsible party should fully take care of all your needs because of the car accident. Unfortunately, insurance companies are out to protect their bottom dollar, not your health. When insurance companies are fighting against your health and recovery, and when the individual responsible for your accident refuses to take responsibility for the accident, you need help. Gary Burger and the Jefferson County Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law take car accident claims extremely seriously and are dedicated to getting you the care you are owed.
You shouldn’t have to focus on the legalities of your case. Your focus should be solely on your medical recovery, and your financial security. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Jefferson County are aggressive and dedicated to fighting for your rights and holding the responsible parties accountable for their actions. When you’ve picked our exceptional car accident lawyers in Jefferson County to take on your case, you a trusting in a team that fights for your full recovery.
When you’re prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Jefferson County. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Jefferson County – Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents never adhere to one set model, they usually involve several levels of negligence or reckless acts. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Jefferson County have experience in all types of car accident claims, and use several different techniques to collect the evidence crucial to each case. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, there were many different types of car accidents, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – This may seem obvious, but more drivers on the road increase the possibility of an accident happening. When the recession hit in 2008-2009, millions of Americans were out of work and were subsequently not driving nearly as much. As the job market has improved, there are now more drivers on the road and this has, in turn increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following safe driving practices while on the road can help keep you safe from accidents. There is no excuse for texting and driving or drinking and driving, so don’t do it. Your life is more important than returning any message regardless of how important it may be. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Jefferson County, and the reasons your accident happened is listed above, call our car crash lawyers in Jefferson County immediately. Our team is dedicated to fighting for your rights and your recovery.
Car accident claims don’t always require the assistance of a lawyer, but be diligent, you still need to be careful and record of all the conversations you have with the responsible party and the insurer who covers your vehicle or the other vehicle. Protecting your car accident claim when it happens can help ensure that you get the recovery you need and financial settlement you deserve. If you initially tried to settle the case yourself, but aren’t getting what you are owed, call our car wreck attorneys in Jefferson County immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Accidents are traumatic, violent events that can cause serious life-changing injuries. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when an extreme amount of force is applied to the head and neck, and causes trauma. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which can cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are caused by either abrupt force that shatters the bone, or an amount of weight or pressure that causes the bone to bend and break. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Much like whiplash injuries or concussions, spinal injuries are caused by an extreme amount of force that causes the spine to either move in an unnatural direction, or bends due to an incredible amount of force. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
While these are the most common injuries that we see, if you have any other medical ailments that arose from a car accident in Jefferson County, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Jefferson County to ensure that your case is taken care of professionally and sertiously.
Always go to a doctor follow any serious injury. Your health is more important than pride, and your recovery may depend on medical care that you’ve been putting off. Once you’ve spoken with a doctor, contact our car accident firm in Jefferson County to see how we can help you with your car accident claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer Jefferson County
Accidents that involve intoxicated driving in Jefferson County are never harmless nor victimless. Drunk driving is a reckless and negligent action that should never happen. Never drive drunk, there are 0 good reasons. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Jefferson County immediately. Drunk Driving cases can be more complex than you may initially think, and without the proper legal guidance, you may not get the full settlement you deserve for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Jefferson County, MO – What do I do after a car accident?
Immediately contact either 911 for emergency assistance, or the local authorities if your injuries aren’t severe. An official record of the accident has to be taken so that the facts and reasons for the accident can be made clear. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our Jefferson County car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Jefferson County – Car Accident Types
- In this video, Genevieve talks with Kazia, one of our clients. Kazia was involved in a car accident where she was rear-ended. She called Burger Law to help with her case, and we were able to help Kazia and...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on Behalf of Amy Van Doren, and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Tiffany was involved in a car accident where she suffered spinal disc damage and knee damage. We fought hard for her and insisted that she receive the policy limits for the accident. We were actually able to get her...Continue Reading
- On Saturday, I settled Mary’s car crash case against Allstate. We were scheduled to go to trial yesterday. Mary was injured in a 2017 car crash. The offer was $21,000 until about 4:30 on Friday afternoon when Allstate capitulated...Continue Reading
- We represent Paul’s family. He tragically died last year. He was traveling with his wife near Potosi Missouri on highway 185 when they encountered a car crash. Being the kind of guy Paul was, he stopped his car and...Continue Reading
- The Missouri Legislature issued new rules last year with more requirements for a written demand to be put into evidence in a bad faith case. A bad faith case is when an insurance company should settle a case, but...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- Our client, Jason, was a front seat passenger in his friend’s vehicle while traveling eastbound on Highway 70 in Lafayette County, Missouri. They were towing a vehicle behind them when another vehicle, also traveling eastbound on Highway 70, struck...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts Client testimonial of Daniel Scudder who discusses his work comp and civil claims and settlements. Daniel had prior injuries to...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- We settled a workers compensation case and an automobile accident for our client Daniel. Daniel was rear-ended on the highway at a high rate of speed when the other driver wasn’t paying attention to traffic ahead of her. Like...Continue Reading
- I represented Brad in his car accident claim. Brad was hit by a truck that swerved and crossed over the center-line into oncoming traffic and hit Brad head on. Brad had a passenger in his car and both were...Continue Reading
- I take great pride in helping people in car wreck cases where the defendant is intoxicated with alcohol or drugs. It seems like defendants hire lawyers who get them out of the criminal case. Sometimes people get multiple drunk...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- Our client Brad was injured in a crash on September 5, 2017. Everybody’s nightmare – the defendant swerved and crossed over the center-line into oncoming traffic and crashed into our client head on. Brad was taken via ambulance from...Continue Reading
- We recently settled a case for a client who was rear ended on the highway while caught in traffic by a driver who was not paying attention and driving at an excessive speed. The force of the crash then...Continue Reading
- Picture this: it’s a hot and sticky sunny day in June, you’re walking down the street with your favorite soda in hand on your way back to your house. All of a sudden a car slams into another car...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at...Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been...Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading