Car Accident Lawyer Jerseyville, IL
When you've been injured in a car accident, you should be focused on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back to the way it was before the accident. You shouldn't have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you're going to get the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident. Unfortunately, insurance companies are out to protect their bottom dollar, not your health. If you are now forced to fight for your recovery and your health, you need someone who has experience successfully fighting these types of claims. Gary Burger and the Jerseyville Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law are prepared to fight for your car accident claim to ensure that you get the care and recovery you are owed.
You shouldn't have to focus on the legalities of your case. Your health and your recovery should be the only thing on your mind. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Jerseyville are dedicated to pursuing and ensuring your rights and recoveries. When you've picked our exceptional car accident lawyers in Jerseyville to fully fight for your recovery, you are trusting in a proven and dedicated team of accident lawyers who aggressively fight for 100% of your owed recovery.
When you're prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Jerseyville. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren't charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don't settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Jerseyville - Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents in Jerseyville are typically caused by negligence, which can almost always be proven. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Jerseyville take on several different types of car accident claims, and use differing methods to collect evidence in each. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents - According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, car accidents in the state were caused by many different variables, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents - An increase of drivers commuting to or from work increases the chances of an accident occuring. The rates of car accidents dropped during the recession because less people were driving on the roads. An improving job market has lead to more people driving which increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting - Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles - Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types - Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Drinking and driving is never acceptable, neither is texting and driving. Nothing is more important than driving safely and arriving where you need to go, alive. If you've been injured in a car accident in Jerseyville, and your accident was caused by on the reasons listed, call our car crash lawyers in Jerseyville immediately. Our team is dedicated to fighting for your rights and your recovery.
If your claim doesn't require the attention of a car accident lawyer, you still need to exercise caution because your case could be lost if you don't record everything that happened in the accident. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed. If you've initially tried to take the case on by yourself but are having difficulty now, call our car wreck attorneys in Jerseyville immediately. We don't charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries - Types and Severity
Car Accidents are traumatic, violent events that can cause serious life-changing injuries. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash - Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions - During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which can cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones - In Car Accidents, broken bones occur when a limb is either forced in an unnatural direction, or when it collides with a surface and breaks under the pressure. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can cause a loss of work, loss of function of the limb, and cause other health complications.
- Internal Bleeding - Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from a car accident because the injury isn't immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it's damaged, you can lose the function of y our limbs. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. Often, any injuries to your spine can result in serious loss of motor function in your limbs.
While these are the most common injuries that we see, if you have any other medical ailments that arose from a car accident in Jerseyville, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Jerseyville to ensure that your case is taken care of professionally and sertiously.
When your injured in a car accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are ok. Your health is more important than pride, and your recovery may depend on medical care that you've been putting off. Once you've spoken with a doctor, contact our car accident firm in Jerseyville to see how we can help you with your car accident claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries
Drunk Driving Accidents - Car Accident Lawyer Jerseyville
Drunk Driving Accidents in Jerseyville are never a victimless crime. Drunk driving is always a choice, and never a good one. There is never a good reason to drive drunk and with the multiple different ride-sharing apps that are available now, it is also extremely easy to get a ride home without having to get behind the wheel of a vehicle. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Jerseyville immediately. DWI Cases can be difficult if you don't consult with a lawyer regarding the evidence of the case, what you are owed, and how you can recover for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Jerseyville, IL - What do I do after a car accident?
Immediately contact either 911 for emergency assistance, or the local authorities if your injuries aren't severe. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you've collected as much evidence as you can, call our Jerseyville car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Jerseyville - Car Accident Types