Car Accident Lawyer Litchfield, IL
When you've been injured in a car accident, you shouldn't have to worry about whether or not you can afford the care you need for your injuries. The care you need should be assured, you shouldn't have to fight for it and you shouldn't have to argue over your financial recovery either due to car accident. Your care and financial recovery should be assured, but insurance corporations are going to try to limit their responsibility as much as possible. If you are now forced to fight for your recovery and your health, you need someone who has experience successfully fighting these types of claims. Gary Burger and the Litchfield Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law take car accident claims extremely seriously and are dedicated to getting you the care you are owed.
The last thing you should worry about is depositions, legal contracts, or other legal matters that your case may include. Your focus should be solely on your medical recovery, and your financial security. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Litchfield have a exceptional history of success in fighting for the rights and recoveries of our car accident clients. When you allow our team of experienced and exceptional car accident lawyers in Litchfield to hold the other parties accountable, you are siding with a team that will fight for 100% of your rights and recoveries, not just for a quick settlement.
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Litchfield. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren't charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don't settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Litchfield - Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents are typically caused by negligent actions. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Litchfield take on a variety of car accident claims, all of which require knowledge of different types of traffic laws and experience in the best methods to recover evidence from the scene of a traffic accident. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents - According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, car wrecks come in several different categories, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents - An increase of drivers commuting to or from work increases the chances of an accident occuring. When millions of jobs were lost during the recession, the rate of car and truck accidents decreased because fewer people were on the road. As the market has recovered, more jobs have become available and more people are driving than before, which has increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting - Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles - Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types - Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Under no circumstances should you get behind the wheel if you've been drinking, and you should absolutely never text and drive. Getting safely to your destination should be your only concern. If you've been injured in a car accident in Litchfield, and your accident was caused due to negligent actions, call our car crash lawyers in Litchfield immediately. Our Lawyers will fight for your rights every step of the way.
Some claims may not need the help of a lawyer, you still need to exercise caution because your case could be lost if you don't record everything that happened in the accident. Correct and Accurate documentation of a car accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement. If proving your case is more difficult than you initially thought, call our car wreck attorneys in Litchfield immediately. We don't charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries - Types and Severity
Car Crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash - Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions - Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones - Broken Bones are caused by either abrupt force that shatters the bone, or an amount of weight or pressure that causes the bone to bend and break. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding - Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Whenever enough force or torque is applied to the spine, severe injuries can occur. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
Whether your injury was listed above, or you have another issue that was caused by a car accident in Litchfield, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Litchfield at once.
The responsible action to take after an accident is to see a doctor and allow them to make medically trained decisions regarding your injuries. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. After you've seen to your medical care, speak with our car accident firm in Litchfield to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of
Drunk Driving Accidents - Car Accident Lawyer Litchfield
Litchfield drunk driving claims are never victimless. Drunk driving is always a choice, and never a good one. Never drive drunk, there are 0 good reasons. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Litchfield immediately. To ensure that the driver who caused your injuries is held fully responsible, you need to speak with our attorneys in Litchfield as soon as possible.
Car Accident Lawyer in Litchfield, IL - What do I do after a car accident?
Immediately contact either 911 for emergency assistance, or the local authorities if your injuries aren't severe. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you've collected as much evidence as you can, call our Litchfield car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Litchfield - Car Accident Types