Car Accident Lawyer Maries County, MO
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, you shouldn’t have to worry about whether or not you can afford the care you need for your injuries. Your health and financial recovery shouldn’t include a lengthy and aggravating fight with the insurance company over the car accident. When you’re hurt, you care and recovery should be taken care of, but the greed of the insurance company will often stand in the way. If you’ve been denied the care you need, and the responsible party has no intention of doing right by you, you need someone who knows the laws to fight on your behalf. Gary Burger and the Maries County Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law have a proven track record of holding insurance companies accountable and can guide you through your claim every step of the way.
You shouldn’t spend any time worrying about the complexities of car accident law. Fully healing from your injuries and your financial recovery should be your only concerm. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Maries County have a exceptional history of success in fighting for the rights and recoveries of our car accident clients. When you’ve decided to seek our qualified and experienced car accident lawyers in Maries County to take on your case, you a trusting in a team that fights for your full recovery.
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Maries County. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Maries County – Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents are typically caused by negligent actions. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Maries County know the facts for each type of accident, and use proven methods to substantiate car accident claims for their clients. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, there are several differing types of car crashes, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – The more drivers you have on the road, the higher the chances are of an accident. The recession caused a reduction in traffic accidents because fewer people were driving. As the market has recovered, more jobs have become available and more people are driving than before, which has increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Being a diligent driver better protects you against the chance of an accident happening. There is no excuse for texting and driving or drinking and driving, so don’t do it. Arriving alive is more important than either of the above. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Maries County, and the reasons your accident happened is listed above, call our car crash lawyers in Maries County immediately. We will fight on your behalf to ensure your claim is taken seriously and fully pursued.
Some claims may not need the help of a lawyer, you should still record everything that happens and get statements from the responsible party. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed. If proving your case is more difficult than you initially thought, call our car wreck attorneys in Maries County immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Accident injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. Typically, these types of injuries are caused when a vehicle is struck from a location the driver isn’t suspecting. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused when the head is either pulled or knocked in a direction so forcefully that the brain is bruised from its forceful contact with the skull. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are very common in car accidents because of the traumatic amount of force that can be applied to the bones. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can cause a loss of work, loss of function of the limb, and cause other health complications.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not seen to immediately. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that isn’t visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of y our limbs. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
Whether your injury was listed above, or you have another issue that was caused by a car accident in Maries County, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Maries County as soon as possible.
When your injured in a car accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are ok. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. Once you’ve spoken with a doctor, contact our car accident firm in Maries County to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer Maries County
Maries County drunk driving claims are never victimless. Drivers who decide to drive drunk are making a terrible choice that can often negatively impact the rest of their life. Drunk driving is always negligent and always reckless, don’t do it and don’t allow others to do it. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Maries County immediately. Drunk Driving Accidents in Maries County can be complex, and without legal assistance you may not get the full recovery you are owed.
Car Accident Lawyer in Maries County, MO – What do I do after a car accident?
Immediately contact either 911 for emergency assistance, or the local authorities if your injuries aren’t severe. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our Maries County car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Maries County – Car Accident Types
- Picture this: it’s a hot and sticky sunny day in June, you’re walking down the street with your favorite soda in hand on your way back to your house. All of a sudden a car slams into another car on the street beside you, sending one of the cars onto the sidewalk and onto you. […]Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car. The client had back injuries, and complained of back pain at the scene, stating he would […]Continue Reading
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at the last minute attempted to change lanes to the far-right lane and violently collided with the […]Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been no payment to date and we are pursuing a bad faith claim in Illinois under 215 ILCS […]Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our client a fantastic recovery. But what about med pay and health insurance liens? Click here for […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative with finding in insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to get a large settlement for a man involved in a rear-end collision. The driver of the other car was working for a repair company. Gary was able to negotiate a large settlement with the driver’s insurer and protect his client, who was without medical insurance. Click here to […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented William Stussey, who was struck by a car while crossing a street in Washington, Missouri. This case was somewhat challenging because it was asserted that Mr. Stussey did not cross at a street from the middle of the block. After thorough investigation and effort, we were able to overcome the obstacles and […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented Barbara Hackworth who was injured while sitting in Waffle House eating breakfast. As she was eating, a car came through the wall of the Waffle House and knocked her off her stool. Allstate Insurance Company would not reasonably settle the case, so we incurred the cost to fly to Arkansas and depose […]Continue Reading