Car Accident Lawyer Mount Vernon, IL
When you've been injured in a car accident, you may need help getting the medical care that you need to fully recover from your injuries. Your health and financial recovery shouldn't include a lengthy and aggravating fight with the insurance company over the car accident. Your recovery should be guaranteed and taken care of, but unfortunately, this isn't always the case. If you aren't getting what you deserve, and your health and financial stability are at stake, you need help. Gary Burger and the Mount Vernon Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law are prepared to fight for your rights and ensure that you get the total amount of the recovery you need.
You should be focused on your health, not the difficulties of your claim. Your health and your recovery should be the only thing on your mind. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Mount Vernon have a exceptional history of success in fighting for the rights and recoveries of our car accident clients. When you've decided to seek our qualified and experienced car accident lawyers in Mount Vernon to hold the other parties accountable, you are siding with a team that will fight for 100% of your rights and recoveries, not just for a quick settlement.
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Mount Vernon. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren't charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don't settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Mount Vernon - Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents never adhere to one set model, they usually involve several levels of negligence or reckless acts. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Mount Vernon take on a variety of car accident claims, all of which require knowledge of different types of traffic laws and experience in the best methods to recover evidence from the scene of a traffic accident. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents - According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, there are several differing types of car crashes, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents - While this will seem obvious, the more drivers there are on the road, the higher the chances are of you bring in an accident. When millions of jobs were lost during the recession, the rate of car and truck accidents decreased because fewer people were on the road. Now that the job markets are climbing again, more people are taking to the roads and this has in turn increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting - Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles - Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types - Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following safe driving practices while on the road can help keep you safe from accidents. There is no excuse for texting and driving or drinking and driving, so don't do it. Arriving alive is more important than either of the above. If you've been injured in a car accident in Mount Vernon, and your accident was caused due to negligent actions, call our car crash lawyers in Mount Vernon immediately. We are dedicated to pursuing your rights and your full recovery.
Car accident claims don't always require the assistance of a lawyer, but be diligent, you still need to be careful and record of all the conversations you have with the responsible party and the insurer who covers your vehicle or the other vehicle. Correct and Accurate documentation of a car accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement. If your case isn't progressing the way you thought it would, call our car wreck attorneys in Mount Vernon immediately. We don't charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries - Types and Severity
Car Accident Injuries can be severe. They can range from minor bruises, to full body paralysis and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash - Whiplash Injuries typically happen when a vehicle is forced to abruptly stop and the head and neck are jerked to the side or back and forth. This force happens when a car strikes another car or an obstacle on the road and causes the momentum of the vehicle to rapidly change. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions - Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones - Broken Bones are caused by either abrupt force that shatters the bone, or an amount of weight or pressure that causes the bone to bend and break. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding - Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from a car accident because the injury isn't immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that isn't visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
If you are suffering from any of the above types of injuries, or another type of injury that resulted from a car accident in Mount Vernon, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Mount Vernon as soon as possible.
When your injured in a car accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are ok. The injury won't just go away, often, any serious injury will require medical attention. After you've seen to your medical care, speak with our car accident firm in Mount Vernon to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves
Drunk Driving Accidents - Car Accident Lawyer Mount Vernon
Accidents that involve intoxicated driving in Mount Vernon are never harmless nor victimless. Drunk driving is always a choice, and never a good one. Call a cab, call a friend or family member, or wait until you are legally sober and can drive without being a hazard to other drivers. There is never a good reason for anyone to drive drunk. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Mount Vernon immediately. DWI Cases can be difficult if you don't consult with a lawyer regarding the evidence of the case, what you are owed, and how you can recover for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Mount Vernon, IL - What do I do after a car accident?
Immediately contact either 911 for emergency assistance, or the local authorities if your injuries aren't severe. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you've collected as much evidence as you can, call our Mount Vernon car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Mount Vernon - Car Accident Types