Car Accident Lawyer Pike County, MO
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, your main focus should be on healing and getting your life back to the way it was before the accident. You shouldn’t have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you’re going to get the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident. Unfortunately, insurance companies are out to protect their bottom dollar, not your health. When insurance companies are fighting against your health and recovery, and when the individual responsible for your accident refuses to take responsibility for the accident, you need help. Gary Burger and the Pike County Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law are prepared to fight for your car accident claim to ensure that you get the care and recovery you are owed.
You shouldn’t have to focus on the legalities of your case. You should be dedicated to recovering from your injuries, and securing your financial stability. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Pike County have a exceptional history of success in fighting for the rights and recoveries of our car accident clients. When you allow our team of experienced and exceptional car accident lawyers in Pike County to take on your case, you are picking a dedicated team of car accident lawyers who are fighting to ensure you get 100% of what you are owed, not a small settlement.
When you’re ready to have qualified and aggressive legal representation take on your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Pike County. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Pike County – Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents in Pike County are typically caused by negligence, which can almost always be proven. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Pike County take on several different types of car accident claims, and use differing methods to collect evidence in each. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, there are several differing types of car crashes, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – The more drivers you have on the road, the higher the chances are of an accident. The rates of car accidents dropped during the recession because less people were driving on the roads. Now that the economy is stronger, the job market has improved leading to more cars on the road and an increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following safe driving practices while on the road can help keep you safe from accidents. Never drive if you’ve been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Be responsible on the road, your life and the life of others depends upon your actions. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Pike County, and the reasons your accident happened is listed above, call our car crash lawyers in Pike County immediately. We will fight on your behalf to ensure your claim is taken seriously and fully pursued.
If your claim doesn’t require the attention of a car accident lawyer, you still need to exercise caution because your case could be lost if you don’t record everything that happened in the accident. Correct and Accurate documentation of a car accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement. If you’re having trouble gathering the evidence and the statements you need, call our car wreck attorneys in Pike County immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Accident injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. This force happens when a car strikes another car or an obstacle on the road and causes the momentum of the vehicle to rapidly change. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused when the head is either pulled or knocked in a direction so forcefully that the brain is bruised from its forceful contact with the skull. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are caused by either abrupt force that shatters the bone, or an amount of weight or pressure that causes the bone to bend and break. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can cause a loss of work, loss of function of the limb, and cause other health complications.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are serious injuries that can affect your mobility and the motor function of your limbs. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
Whether your injury was listed above, or you have another issue that was caused by a car accident in Pike County, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Pike County at once.
Always go to a doctor follow any serious injury. Don’t try to walk the injury off, your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. After you’ve seen to your medical care, speak with our car accident firm in Pike County to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer Pike County
Drunk Driving Accidents in Pike County are never a victimless crime. Drunk driving is a reckless and negligent action that should never happen. There is never a good reason to drive drunk and with the multiple different ride-sharing apps that are available now, it is also extremely easy to get a ride home without having to get behind the wheel of a vehicle. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Pike County immediately. Drunk Driving cases can be more complex than you may initially think, and without the proper legal guidance, you may not get the full settlement you deserve for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Pike County, MO – What do I do after a car accident?
Immediately contact either 911 for emergency assistance, or the local authorities if your injuries aren’t severe. The proper authorities have to record the evidence in the event that charges are needed, or if the accident claim goes to court. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our Pike County car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Pike County – Car Accident Types
- The Missouri Legislature issued new rules last year with more requirements for a written demand to be put into evidence in a bad faith case. A bad faith case is when an insurance company should settle a case, but...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- Our client, Jason, was a front seat passenger in his friend’s vehicle while traveling eastbound on Highway 70 in Lafayette County, Missouri. They were towing a vehicle behind them when another vehicle, also traveling eastbound on Highway 70, struck...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts Client testimonial of Daniel Scudder who discusses his work comp and civil claims and settlements. Daniel had prior injuries to...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- We settled a workers compensation case and an automobile accident for our client Daniel. Daniel was rear-ended on the highway at a high rate of speed when the other driver wasn’t paying attention to traffic ahead of her. Like...Continue Reading
- I represented Brad in his car accident claim. Brad was hit by a truck that swerved and crossed over the center-line into oncoming traffic and hit Brad head on. Brad had a passenger in his car and both were...Continue Reading
- I take great pride in helping people in car wreck cases where the defendant is intoxicated with alcohol or drugs. It seems like defendants hire lawyers who get them out of the criminal case. Sometimes people get multiple drunk...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- Our client Brad was injured in a crash on September 5, 2017. Everybody’s nightmare – the defendant swerved and crossed over the center-line into oncoming traffic and crashed into our client head on. Brad was taken via ambulance from...Continue Reading
- We recently settled a case for a client who was rear ended on the highway while caught in traffic by a driver who was not paying attention and driving at an excessive speed. The force of the crash then...Continue Reading
- Picture this: it’s a hot and sticky sunny day in June, you’re walking down the street with your favorite soda in hand on your way back to your house. All of a sudden a car slams into another car...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at...Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been...Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to get a large settlement for a man involved in a rear-end collision. The driver of the other car was working for a repair company. Gary was able to negotiate a large settlement...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented William Stussey, who was struck by a car while crossing a street in Washington, Missouri. This case was somewhat challenging because it was asserted that Mr. Stussey did not cross at a street from the middle...Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented Barbara Hackworth who was injured while sitting in Waffle House eating breakfast. As she was eating, a car came through the wall of the Waffle House and knocked her off her stool. Allstate Insurance Company would...Continue Reading