Car Accident Lawyer Salem, IL
When you've been injured in a car accident, you may need help getting the medical care that you need to fully recover from your injuries. Your financial recovery and your health should always be covered by either your insurance, or the responsible parties insurance that caused the car accident. Your care and financial recovery should be assured, but insurance corporations are going to try to limit their responsibility as much as possible. If you aren't getting what you deserve, and your health and financial stability are at stake, you need help. Gary Burger and the Salem Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law are prepared to fight for your rights and ensure that you get the total amount of the recovery you need.
You should be focused on your health, not the difficulties of your claim. You should be dedicated to recovering from your injuries, and securing your financial stability. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Salem have a proven track record of defending our client's recovery and holding negligent drivers and insurance companies accountable. When you trust in our skilled car accident lawyers in Salem to fight for your rights, you are choosing a team that is dedicated to fighting for your full recovery. Not half. Not 75%. Full 100% recovery.
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Salem. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren't charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don't settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Salem - Car Accident Facts
Negligence is usually the main culprit in a car accident claim. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Salem have experience in all types of car accident claims, and use several different techniques to collect the evidence crucial to each case. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents - According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, car accidents in the state were caused by many different variables, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents - An increase of drivers commuting to or from work increases the chances of an accident occuring. The rates of car accidents dropped during the recession because less people were driving on the roads. As the job market has improved, there are now more drivers on the road and this has, in turn increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting - Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles - Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types - Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. There is no excuse for texting and driving or drinking and driving, so don't do it. Your life is more important than returning any message regardless of how important it may be. If you've been injured in a car accident in Salem, and your accident was caused by on the reasons listed, call our car crash lawyers in Salem immediately. Our team is dedicated to fighting for your rights and your recovery.
Even if your claim can be settled without the help of a lawyer, you should still be diligent and take pictures of both vehicles, obtain police reports, and written statements by doctor detailing your injuries. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed. If you're having trouble gathering the evidence and the statements you need, call our car wreck attorneys in Salem immediately. We don't charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries - Types and Severity
Car Accident injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash - Whiplash Injuries occurs due to a forceful jerking motion applied on the neck. This force happens when a car strikes another car or an obstacle on the road and causes the momentum of the vehicle to rapidly change. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions - Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones - When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding - Internal Bleeding is a serious medical condition that can result in death. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. Often, any injuries to your spine can result in serious loss of motor function in your limbs.
If you are suffering from any of the above types of injuries, or another type of injury that resulted from a car accident in Salem, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Salem as soon as possible.
Always go to a doctor follow any serious injury. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. After you've seen to your medical care, speak with our car accident firm in Salem so that we can take on your claim and fight for your right every step of the way
Drunk Driving Accidents - Car Accident Lawyer Salem
Salem drunk driving claims are never victimless. Drunk driving is a reckless and negligent action that should never happen. Call a cab, call a friend or family member, or wait until you are legally sober and can drive without being a hazard to other drivers. There is never a good reason for anyone to drive drunk. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Salem immediately. Drunk Driving Accidents in Salem can be complex, and without legal assistance you may not get the full recovery you are owed.
Car Accident Lawyer in Salem, IL - What do I do after a car accident?
If you've been involved in a car accident, you should always call an ambulance if you're injured or the police if you aren't. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you've collected as much evidence as you can, call our Salem car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Salem - Car Accident Types