Car Accident Lawyer Shelbyville, IL
When you've been injured in a car accident, your main focus should be on healing and getting your life back to the way it was before the accident. The care you need should be assured, you shouldn't have to fight for it and you shouldn't have to argue over your financial recovery either due to car accident. Unfortunately, insurance companies are out to protect their bottom dollar, not your health. If you've been denied the care you need, and the responsible party has no intention of doing right by you, you need someone who knows the laws to fight on your behalf. Gary Burger and the Shelbyville Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law have a proven track record of holding insurance companies accountable and can guide you through your claim every step of the way.
You shouldn't spend any time worrying about the complexities of car accident law. Your health and your recovery should be the only thing on your mind. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Shelbyville have a exceptional history of success in fighting for the rights and recoveries of our car accident clients. When you've picked our exceptional car accident lawyers in Shelbyville to take on your case, you are siding with a team that will fight for 100% of your rights and recoveries, not just for a quick settlement.
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Shelbyville. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren't charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don't settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Shelbyville - Car Accident Facts
Negligence is usually the main culprit in a car accident claim. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Shelbyville know the facts for each type of accident, and use proven methods to substantiate car accident claims for their clients. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents - According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, there were many different types of car accidents, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents - When there are a lot of drivers on the road, the chances of an accident happening increase. The rates of car accidents dropped during the recession because less people were driving on the roads. Now that the job markets are climbing again, more people are taking to the roads and this has in turn increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting - Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles - Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types - Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Under no circumstances should you get behind the wheel if you've been drinking, and you should absolutely never text and drive. Your life is more important than returning any message regardless of how important it may be. If you've been injured in a car accident in Shelbyville, and the person who crashed into you was drinking and driving, texting, or any other reason, call our car crash lawyers in Shelbyville immediately. We will fight to make sure you get the medical care and financial recovery you deserve.
In rare occasions, your accident may not need the assistance of a lawyer, however, you should still record everything that happens and get statements from the responsible party. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed. If your case isn't progressing the way you thought it would, call our car wreck attorneys in Shelbyville immediately. We don't charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries - Types and Severity
Car Crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash - Whiplash Injuries happen when an extreme amount of force is applied to the head and neck, and causes trauma. Typically, these types of injuries are caused when a vehicle is struck from a location the driver isn't suspecting. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions - Concussions are caused when the head is either pulled or knocked in a direction so forcefully that the brain is bruised from its forceful contact with the skull. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones - In Car Accidents, broken bones occur when a limb is either forced in an unnatural direction, or when it collides with a surface and breaks under the pressure. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding - Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not seen to immediately. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn't visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
Your recovery and your financial health may be at stake if you've been involved in a car accident in Shelbyville, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Shelbyville at once.
When your injured in a car accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are ok. No matter how tough you may think you are, your injury could be life threatening. After you've seen to your medical care, speak with our car accident firm in Shelbyville to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves
Drunk Driving Accidents - Car Accident Lawyer Shelbyville
Drunk Driving Accidents in Shelbyville are never a victimless crime. Drunk driving is a reckless and negligent action that should never happen. With the advent of ridesharing apps, and the improvement of public transportation, there is absolutely no reason to drive drunk. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Shelbyville immediately. DWI Cases can be difficult if you don't consult with a lawyer regarding the evidence of the case, what you are owed, and how you can recover for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Shelbyville, IL - What do I do after a car accident?
Always report an accident, no matter how minor it may seem. The proper authorities have to record the evidence in the event that charges are needed, or if the accident claim goes to court. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you've collected as much evidence as you can, call our Shelbyville car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Shelbyville - Car Accident Types