Car Accident Lawyer St. Peters, MO
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, your only concern should be your health and your well being. You shouldn’t have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you’re going to get the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident. Your care and financial recovery should be assured, but insurance corporations are going to try to limit their responsibility as much as possible. If you aren’t getting what you deserve, and your health and financial stability are at stake, you need help. Gary Burger and the St. Peters Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law are prepared to fight for your rights and ensure that you get the total amount of the recovery you need.
You shouldn’t have to focus on the legalities of your case. Fully healing from your injuries and your financial recovery should be your only concerm. Our Car Accident Lawyers in St. Peters are aggressive and dedicated to fighting for your rights and holding the responsible parties accountable for their actions. When you’ve decided to seek our qualified and experienced car accident lawyers in St. Peters to fight for your rights, you are siding with a team that will fight for 100% of your rights and recoveries, not just for a quick settlement.
When you’re ready to have qualified and aggressive legal representation take on your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in St. Peters. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer St. Peters – Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents in St. Peters are typically caused by negligence, which can almost always be proven. Our Car Accident Lawyers in St. Peters have experience in all types of car accident claims, and use several different techniques to collect the evidence crucial to each case. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, car accidents in the state were caused by many different variables, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – While this will seem obvious, the more drivers there are on the road, the higher the chances are of you bring in an accident. The rates of car accidents dropped during the recession because less people were driving on the roads. An improving job market has lead to more people driving which increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Adhering to responsible driving habits can help keep you and your loved ones safe. Never drive if you’ve been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Nothing is more important than driving safely and arriving where you need to go, alive. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in St. Peters, and the reasons your accident happened is listed above, call our car crash lawyers in St. Peters immediately. We will fight on your behalf to ensure your claim is taken seriously and fully pursued.
Some claims may not need the help of a lawyer, you still need to take note of everything that happened, which includes pictures, verbal statements, and any police reports. Correct and Accurate documentation of a car accident is the difference between protecting your claim and getting the care you need, and being denied critical medical services or financial reimbursement. If proving your case is more difficult than you initially thought, call our car wreck attorneys in St. Peters immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Accident Injuries can be severe. They can range from minor bruises, to full body paralysis and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. Typically, these types of injuries are caused when a vehicle is struck from a location the driver isn’t suspecting. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused when the head is either pulled or knocked in a direction so forcefully that the brain is bruised from its forceful contact with the skull. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are very common in car accidents because of the traumatic amount of force that can be applied to the bones. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from a car accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that isn’t visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
Your recovery and your financial health may be at stake if you’ve been involved in a car accident in St. Peters, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in St. Peters at once.
When your injured in a car accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are ok. Your health is more important than pride, and your recovery may depend on medical care that you’ve been putting off. After you’ve seen to your medical care, speak with our car accident firm in St. Peters so that we can take on your claim and fight for your right every step of the way
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer St. Peters
St. Peters drunk driving claims are never victimless. Drunk driving is a reckless and negligent action that should never happen. Drunk driving is always negligent and always reckless, don’t do it and don’t allow others to do it. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in St. Peters immediately. Drunk Driving cases can be more complex than you may initially think, and without the proper legal guidance, you may not get the full settlement you deserve for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in St. Peters, MO – What do I do after a car accident?
If you’ve been injured, call an ambulance first, and if you weren’t seriously injured contact the local authorities to report the accident. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our St. Peters car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer St. Peters – Car Accident Types
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at the last minute attempted to change lanes to the far-right lane and violently collided with the […]Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been no payment to date and we are pursuing a bad faith claim in Illinois under 215 ILCS […]Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our client a fantastic recovery. But what about med pay and health insurance liens? Click here for […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative with finding in insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to get a large settlement for a man involved in a rear-end collision. The driver of the other car was working for a repair company. Gary was able to negotiate a large settlement with the driver’s insurer and protect his client, who was without medical insurance. Click here to […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented William Stussey, who was struck by a car while crossing a street in Washington, Missouri. This case was somewhat challenging because it was asserted that Mr. Stussey did not cross at a street from the middle of the block. After thorough investigation and effort, we were able to overcome the obstacles and […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented Barbara Hackworth who was injured while sitting in Waffle House eating breakfast. As she was eating, a car came through the wall of the Waffle House and knocked her off her stool. Allstate Insurance Company would not reasonably settle the case, so we incurred the cost to fly to Arkansas and depose […]Continue Reading