Car Accident Lawyer Taylorville, IL
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, you should be focused on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back to the way it was before the accident. Your financial recovery and your health should always be covered by either your insurance, or the responsible parties insurance that caused the car accident. When you’re hurt, you care and recovery should be taken care of, but the greed of the insurance company will often stand in the way. If you are now forced to fight for your recovery and your health, you need someone who has experience successfully fighting these types of claims. Gary Burger and the Taylorville Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law are prepared to fight for your rights and ensure that you get the total amount of the recovery you need.
The last thing you should worry about is depositions, legal contracts, or other legal matters that your case may include. You should be dedicated to recovering from your injuries, and securing your financial stability. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Taylorville have a exceptional history of success in fighting for the rights and recoveries of our car accident clients. When you’ve decided to seek qualified help, and you’ve chosen our car accident lawyers in Taylorville to pursue your claim, you are siding with a team that will fight for 100% of your rights and recoveries, not just for a quick settlement.
When you’re prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Taylorville. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Taylorville – Car Accident Facts
Negligence is usually the main culprit in a car accident claim. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Taylorville use their knowledge of state laws and scientific facts to take on each car accident claim, and use different methods to gather evidence depending upon the type of claim. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, there are several differing types of car crashes, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – While this will seem obvious, the more drivers there are on the road, the higher the chances are of you bring in an accident. The recession caused a reduction in traffic accidents because fewer people were driving. Now that the job markets are climbing again, more people are taking to the roads and this has in turn increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Drinking and driving is never acceptable, neither is texting and driving. Be responsible on the road, your life and the life of others depends upon your actions. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Taylorville, and the reasons your accident happened is listed above, call our car crash lawyers in Taylorville immediately. We will fight on your behalf to ensure your claim is taken seriously and fully pursued.
If your claim doesn’t require the attention of a car accident lawyer, you should still be diligent and take pictures of both vehicles, obtain police reports, and written statements by doctor detailing your injuries. Protecting your car accident claim when it happens can help ensure that you get the recovery you need and financial settlement you deserve. If you’re having trouble gathering the evidence and the statements you need, call our car wreck attorneys in Taylorville immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. The force is created when a vehicle in motion is struck from a direction that it isn’t traveling. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which can cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not seen to immediately. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that isn’t visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Much like whiplash injuries or concussions, spinal injuries are caused by an extreme amount of force that causes the spine to either move in an unnatural direction, or bends due to an incredible amount of force. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
You do not have to suffer in silence, nor live with your injuries if you’ve been in a car accident in Taylorville, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Taylorville at once.
The responsible action to take after an accident is to see a doctor and allow them to make medically trained decisions regarding your injuries. Don’t try to walk the injury off, your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. Once you’ve spoken with a doctor, contact our car accident firm in Taylorville to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer Taylorville
Accidents that involve intoxicated driving in Taylorville are never harmless nor victimless. Someone chose to get behind the wheel drunk, an action that they know is negligent and possibly dangerous. Drunk driving is always negligent and always reckless, don’t do it and don’t allow others to do it. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Taylorville immediately. Drunk Driving cases can be more complex than you may initially think, and without the proper legal guidance, you may not get the full settlement you deserve for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Taylorville, IL – What do I do after a car accident?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you should always call an ambulance if you’re injured or the police if you aren’t. The proper authorities have to record the evidence in the event that charges are needed, or if the accident claim goes to court. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our Taylorville car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Taylorville – Car Accident Types
- Picture this: it’s a hot and sticky sunny day in June, you’re walking down the street with your favorite soda in hand on your way back to your house. All of a sudden a car slams into another car on the street beside you, sending one of the cars onto the sidewalk and onto you. […]Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car. The client had back injuries, and complained of back pain at the scene, stating he would […]Continue Reading
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at the last minute attempted to change lanes to the far-right lane and violently collided with the […]Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been no payment to date and we are pursuing a bad faith claim in Illinois under 215 ILCS […]Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our client a fantastic recovery. But what about med pay and health insurance liens? Click here for […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative with finding in insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to get a large settlement for a man involved in a rear-end collision. The driver of the other car was working for a repair company. Gary was able to negotiate a large settlement with the driver’s insurer and protect his client, who was without medical insurance. Click here to […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented William Stussey, who was struck by a car while crossing a street in Washington, Missouri. This case was somewhat challenging because it was asserted that Mr. Stussey did not cross at a street from the middle of the block. After thorough investigation and effort, we were able to overcome the obstacles and […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented Barbara Hackworth who was injured while sitting in Waffle House eating breakfast. As she was eating, a car came through the wall of the Waffle House and knocked her off her stool. Allstate Insurance Company would not reasonably settle the case, so we incurred the cost to fly to Arkansas and depose […]Continue Reading