If you or someone you love were visiting a property with permission when some kind of unaddressed hazard caused you harm, you have a premise liability claim. Whether you have recently been injured in a premises liability case or would simply like to understand how these cases commonly occur, learn about some of the most common premises liability cases from our team of experienced premises liability attorneys in St. Louis.
Burger Law has a team of talented premises liability attorneys in St. Louis who can serve you in your claim, no matter how difficult or complicated your case may be. To learn more about premises liability or to speak to an attorney about your case for free, contact Burger Law today. Give us a call at 314-542-2222.
Common Causes of Premises Liability Claims
Premises liability is a broad term that refers to any time a person who is a guest on a property is injured due to the presence of a safety hazard that the property owner did not remove or address. Premises liability incidents in St. Louis happen on all types of properties and result in a wide variety of injuries and damages. Some of the top conditions and circumstances that put guests at risk of injury are:
- Spills that are not cleaned up or are not marked with a warning sign
- Potholes and broken pavement
- Loose railings
- Unsecured flooring
- Unsecured extension cords
- Damaged steps
- Faulty doors
- Slippery surfaces due to ice, snow, or water
- Uneven walking surfaces
- Poorly designed or maintained playground equipment
- Bad building craftsmanship
- Poor lighting
- falling debris
- Broken locks or insufficient security measures
- Pools without fencing or lifeguards on duty
- Unretrained animals
- Poor electrical wiring
If you were hurt while visiting a property due to any of the above conditions or any other safety hazard, you should speak to a St. Louis premises liability lawyer right away. Burger Law’s premises liability attorneys in St. Louis are experienced in all kinds of premises liability cases and can help you recover the damages you are owed.
Most Common Premises Liability Claims
Knowing some of the common conditions that threaten guests’ safety and lead to injuries can help you remain alert and safe from getting hurt in the future. The accidents and injuries that become premises liability claims are another matter. Some of the top claims we see as St. Louis premises liability lawyers are:
- Slip and fall: Slip and fall accidents happen both indoors and outdoors. A slip and fall accident could be caused by a spill on the floor, a floor that is wet from mopping, an untreated or unshoveled icy or snowy walkway, an obstruction on the ground such as an unsecured extension cord, etc. Premises liability victims who slip and fall can experience injuries ranging from mild to severe. It is best that you call your premises liability lawyer in St. Louis right away after being hurt in slip and fall accident.
- Dog bite: If the property owner has a dog, they are responsible for keeping you safe from a dog attack while you are a guest on their property. If you are there with permission and the property owner’s dog bites you, you may have a premises liability claim and you should discuss your options with an attorney as soon as possible.
- Poor maintenance accidents: Unfortunately, sometimes a property becomes dangerous because it was not properly maintained or was poorly constructed to begin with. Accidents and resulting injuries due to poor maintenance can be anything from falling objects striking a visitor’s head, a deck collapsing and guests falling through it, or bad electrical wiring causing a fire. If you were visiting a property that was in disrepair and dangerous to you, speak to one of our St. Louis premises liability lawyers today.
Premises Liability Lawyers St. Louis | Burger Law
Get the help you need with your premises liability claim in St. Louis. A premises liability attorney with Burger Law is ready to help you fight for compensation and hold that property owner, manager, or maintenance person accountable for failing to keep their property safe. Call us now at 314-542-2222 or reach out online to get quality representation and counsel for your claim today.