Dog Bite Injury Lawyers
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Missouri and Illinois. A dog bite is a traumatic event that often does more damage than meets the eye. Dog bite injuries run much deeper than the puncturing of your skin. When you or a loved one has been bitten and injured by a dog in Missouri or Illinois, you have an opportunity to pursue compensation for your damages from the negligent party. Dog bite injury lawyers in St. Louis with Burger Law know how to demand a great settlement from the insurance company on your behalf and help you get the recovery you need to move forward after suffering a dog bite attack. Our dog bite injury lawyers work hard to understand and prove your damages, demand a complete settlement, offer guidance and advice during the process and handle all the in's and out's of your case. Discover how our St. Louis dog bite injury lawyers can help you win your Missouri or Illinois dog bite injury case and get you the recovery you deserve by contacting us as soon as possible after your dog bite incident. Get a free case review today at or online.
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers St. Louis
When you or a loved one has been bitten and injured by a dog, Burger Law’s dog bite injury lawyers begin fighting for you and demanding the compensation you deserve. Our experienced attorneys are experts on the Missouri and Illinois laws and statutes that affect your dog bite injury claim and will make sure that every part of your claim process is handled correctly. Take the first step toward winning your case by contacting our dog bite injury lawyers immediately. Our aggressive and effective litigators will begin working for you today. Call us now at .
Dog Bite Injuries
The injuries you have when you walk away from a dog bite incident can vary greatly. Dog bite injuries can get complicated and often put you at risk of developing further health problems down the line such as scarring, permanent disabilities and especially infection. It is imperative that you receive medical care immediately after the dog bite occurs.
The medical care you receive immediately after you have been injured is critical both for your recovery and for the outcome of your dog bite injury suit. For example, the emergency physician may administer a shot to protect you from rabies, tetanus, MRSA and other life-threatening infections or a plastic surgeon may be called upon to make sure the stitches you need are applied in a way that minimizes your scarring.
Common dog bite injuries include
- Puncture wounds
- Torn muscle tissue
- Nerve tissue damage
- Broken bones
- Crush injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of limbs, digits and other body parts
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Poor self-confidnece
Your recovery depends on the expertise and your adherence to the advice of the professionals. While the dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law lead you through the legal proceeding of your dog bite injury claim, it is also important that you trust and follow the guidance of your medical professionals in the treatment of your injuries. Be sure to attend all follow-up medical appointments and follow your physicians’ directions in caring for your injuries at home.
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers: Collecting Damages
If you are bitten and injured by a dog, you may be able to collect damages through a dog bite injury claim in Missouri or Illinois. To maximize your chances of getting a full recovery, you need to hire qualified dog bite injury lawyers in St. Louis right away. While you may receive an initial settlement offer from the dog owner’s insurance company of a few hundred dollars, your damages are likely equal to a much higher sum which is nearly impossible to obtain without dog bite injury lawyers on your side.
Hire an experienced dog bite injury law firm in St. Louis that you can trust. With Burger Law’s experienced dog bite injury lawyers on your case, you have a skilled professional working on your behalf. You can focus on recovering from your injuries while leaving the legal process to your attorney. Your dog bite injury lawyer handles every aspect of your case and serves several important roles as you go through life after your dog bite injury. Two of the most critical things dog bite injury lawyers do are prove your claim and negotiate a great settlement.
Factors That Affect the Value of Your Claim
Dog bite injury lawyers fight to get you maximum compensation after you are injured in a dog bite incident. They understand the nuances involved in calculating the value of your damages and have the skill required to demand a complete settlement. Your dog bite injury lawyer will help you understand what your claim is worth and ensure that you demand compensation for all of your damages.
To determine what your claim is worth, your dog bite injury attorney will investigate factors such as:
- Where the incident took place
- The events that led up to the attack
- The age of the victim
- The amount of insurance coverage available
- The long-term or permanent effects of the bite
- The severity of the injuries and amount of medical treamtment needed
- The pscyhological effect of the incident on the victim
- The economic ipact of the bite, such as medical costs and lost wages from being unable to work
Once they understand the facts of your case by investigating the incident, compiling evidence and documentation and getting information from subject matter experts like psychologists and surgeons, your dog bite injury lawyers will demand that the defendant’s insurance company pay you a settlement equal to the damages you have suffered.
Dog Bite Damages You May Recover
To determine the value of your damages, your dog bite injury lawyers in St. Louis add up all economic damages with real dollar values such as your medical bills and treatment costs along with the more abstract non-economic damages like pain and suffering. Experienced dog bite injury lawyers who have successfully represented previous dog bite injury clients will know how to calculate all your damages to ensure that they fight for a fair settlement for you.
The types of damages that may be included in the value of your claim include:
- Current and future medical costs
- Cost of treatment, surgeries, rehabilitation and other services to treat the physical and psychological effects of being bitten by a dog
- Disability accommodations
- Lost wages from being unable to report to work due to the dog bite injuries
- Reduced future wages due to the long-term effects of your injuries
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Inability to perform or enjoy daily activities or household responsibilities
- Personal property damaged in the attack
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses
How can I keep my children safe from dog bites?
According to Kids Health, nearly five million people suffer from dog-rela …
Do I have a dog bite case?
If you or a family member has been bit by another person's dog in Missour …
How common are dog bites?
Dogs are one of the most popular pets in American homes. They are often g …
What To Do After a Dog Bite Injury
After you or a loved one are injured by a dog bite, you must take proper action both for your physical recovery and for the outcome of your legal claim. No one knows when they will get injured in a dog bite or plans for it in advance. It is important that you know what to do in the immediate aftermath of a dog bite injury until you are able to speak to and hire the right dog bite injury lawyers in St. Louis. After you experience a dog bite injury, you need to:
- Leave the vicinity. Remove yourself from the area. You can collect information from witnesses if there are any available, but do not discuss what just happened with the dog owner.
- Get medical attention. Your top priority should be getting emergency medical care for your dog bite. A medical professional can examine your condition, give your wounds the necessary treatment and ensure that any additional injuries are detected and treated properly.
- Contact police or animal control to file a report. Filing a report will create documentation of the incident and will allow the authorities to investigate. This can not only help strengthen your case when you and your dog bite injury lawyers file a claim, but can also help keep others safe from future dog bite injuries.
- Request a copy of the report. This is something your dog bite injury lawyers can help you with, but it does not hurt to take the first steps yourself. When you make the report and speak to the authorities, make sure to record the officers’ names and contact information. Ask the officer to issue you a copy of the incident report once it has been officially filed.
- Hire a qualified dog bite injury lawyer in St. Louis, Missouri or Illinois. You need an experienced dog bite injury lawyer to give you insight into your situation, investigate the circumstances surrounding your case, determine the value of your damages, negotiate with the insurance company, demand complete compensation and take care of all legal aspects of your case. The dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law in St. Louis will fight to get you the full recovery you are entitled to after your St. Louis dog bite injury. Call us at right away after you have been bitten and injured.
Hire Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Near You
When you or someone in your family is injured in a dog bite attack in Missouri or Illinois, you must take immediate action. After receiving emergency medical care immediately after the incident occurs, you must contact a law firm of skilled dog bite injury attorneys near you in Missouri or Illinois right away. The dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law handle your claim personally and begin demanding your recovery from day one. Let us put our expertise and skill to work for you and help you obtain a complete recovery after you have suffered the trauma of a dog bite injury. Speak to our dog bite lawyers today at or send us a message online now. We are here to help you recover from your dog bite injuries today.