Aggressive representation for your Benton, IL dog bite injuries
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Benton, IL
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Benton, IL. Experiencing a dog bite is a frightening event that often does more damage than meets the eye. Dog bite injuries run much deeper than the puncturing of your skin. After you or a loved one is injured by a dog bite in Benton, IL, you are entitled to pursue a financial recovery for your damages from the negligent person. Dog bite injury lawyers in Benton, IL with Burger Law can get a complete recovery from the insurance company on your behalf and will work to get you a full recovery that allows you to heal from your dog bite injuries and move forward in life. Our Benton, IL dog bite injury lawyers work hard to understand and prove your damages, demand a full settlement, provide counsel and advice during the process and take care of every part of your case. Learn what our Benton, IL dog bite injury attorneys will do to guide you in your Benton, IL dog bite injury case and secure you the recovery you are legally entitled to. by speaking with us as soon as possible after your dog bite incident. Get a free case review today at (314) 500-HURT or online.
Get a complete recovery for your Benton, IL dog bite injuries
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Benton, IL
Many of those who have been injured by dog bites have come to Burger Law for help. Our Benton, IL dog bite injury lawyers will get to work right away, fighting to get you the recovery you deserve. Our knowledgeable Benton, IL lawyers are know all there is to know about the Missouri and Illinois laws and statutes that affect your Benton, IL dog bite injury claim and will make sure that every part of your claim process is handled correctly. Take the first step toward winning your case by contacting the Burger Law dog bite injury lawyers right away. Our team of fierce and savvy litigators start working on your case right away.
Benton, IL Dog Bite Injuries
A person could receive all manners of different injuries from a dog bite. Benton, IL dog bite injuries are intricate and put you at risk of developing additional health problems down the line including scarring, permanent disabilities and especially infection. It is imperative that you receive necessary medical attention right away after the dog bite occurs.
Seeing a medical professional immediately following your injury is critical both for your recovery and for the outcome of your dog bite injury suit. For example, the emergency physician may administer a shot to prevent the onset of rabies, tetanus and other serious and potentially dangerous infections or you may have a specialist take care of your stitches to minimize the appearance of scars
Common dog bite injuries are
- Puncture wounds
- Torn muscle tissue
- Nerve tissue damage
- Boke fractures and breaks
- Injuries from crushing
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of limbs, digits and other body parts
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Trouble sleeping
- Poor self-confidence
Your recovery depends on the expertise and your adherence to the guidance of professionals. As you trust the dog bite lawyers of Burger Law to lead you through the legal proceeding of your Benton, IL dog bite injury suit, you also need to trust and follow the guidance your physicians in the treatment of your injuries. Your job is to make it to all follow-up medical appointments and while at home, care for your injuries according to the instructions of your doctors.
Benton, IL Dog Bite Injury Lawyers: Collecting Damages
After a dog bites and injures you, you could be eligible to file a Benton, IL dog bite injury claim to collect damages. To maximize your chances of receiving complete compensation, you need to hire experienced dog bite injury lawyers in Benton, IL right away. Be wary of any initial settlement offers you receive from the insurance company. If they do offer you a settlement, it is unlikely that it will be anywhere near the complete value of your claim. The true value of your damages will be nearly impossible to obtain without dog bite injury lawyers in Benton, IL on your side.
Hire a qualified Benton, IL dog bite injury law firm in Benton, IL that you can trust. When you hire the experienced Benton, IL dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law, you have a team of experienced professionals working on your behalf. Let your trusted and dedicated attorney take care of your case while you focus on healing from your dog bite injuries. Your Benton, IL dog bite injury lawyer handles every aspect of your case and serves several important roles as you go through life after your dog bite injury. Above all else, your dog bite injury lawyers are there to prove your claim and negotiate a complete settlement.
What Affects the Value of Your Claim
Benton, IL dog bite injury lawyers fight to get you maximum compensation after you are injured in a dog bite incident. We are familiar with the intricacies and details involved in calculating the value of your damages and have the skill required to argue for a total settlement. Your Benton, IL dog bite injury lawyer‘s job is to help you grasp what your claim is worth and negotiate a full recovery for all of your damages.
To accurately calculate the dollar amount of your claim, your dog bite injury attorney will investigate factors such as:
- The location
- The circumstances surrounding the incident
- Your age
- The insurance coverage
- The lasting jimpact of your injuries
- How serious the injuries and subsequent medical treatment are
- The mental and emotional effect of the incident on the victim
- The economic impact of the bite, from medical costs and earnings you were not able to secure due to your inability to work
Your Benton, IL dog bite injury lawyers handle everything from investigating your claim, compiling all evidence, filing the proper motions and deposing experts like surgeons and psychologists. As your Benton, IL dog bite injury lawyers, we begin working on your case from the moment you hire us so that we can make a demand of the dog owner’s insurance company to compensate you for all of your damages.
Dog Bite Damages You May Recover
Your Benton, IL dog bite injury lawyers carefully calculate the sum of your damages by adding up all economic damages with real dollar values such as your medical bills and treatment costs along with the more abstract non-economic damages like pain and suffering. Qualified dog bite injury lawyers in Benton, IL who have successfully represented previous dog bite injury clients are familiar with how to calculate all your damages to ensure that they fight for a fair settlement for you.
The types of damages that may be included in the value of your claim include:
- Current and future medical costs
- Costs for treatments, surgeries and other programs needed to help you heal physically and psychologically after being bitten by a dog
- Disability accommodations
- Income lost due to being unable to work because of your dog bite injuries
- Reduced future wages due to the long-term effects of your injuries
- Psychological distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Inability to perform tasks of daily living or enjoy yourself due to the effects of your injuries
- Personal property damaged in the course of the attack
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Our St. Louis-based personal injury lawyers can help you recover after any type of injury in Missouri or Illinois that affects your life or the lives of people you love. Learn more about cases we represent, such as:
How can I keep my children safe from dog bites?
According to Kids Health, nearly five million people suffer from dog-rela …
Do I have a dog bite case?
If you or a family member has been bit by another person's dog in Missour …
How common are dog bites?
Dogs are one of the most popular pets in American homes. They are often g …
Steps to Take After a Benton, IL Dog Bite Injury
It is important that, after being injured by a dog bite, you take proper action both for your physical recovery and for the outcome of your legal claim. You never want or expect to be injured in a dog bite incident, but you need to be aware of what to do in the immediate aftermath of a dog bite injury until you can contact and hire the right dog bite injury lawyers in Benton, IL. In the event of a dog bite injury, you should:
- Leave the area. Leave the property or area where the bite occurred. You may choose to get contact information from witnesses if you are able to, but it is important that you do not talk about the incident with the dog owner.
- Seek medical care. Your top priority should be getting emergency medical care for your dog bite. A medical professional can examine your condition, give your wounds the necessary treatment and detect any additional injuries and make sure they are properly cared for.
- File a report. When you file a report, it produces documentation of the incident and provides the authorities a path for investigation. Filing a claim not only makes for a stronger case for you and your Benton, IL dog bite injury lawyers, but also helps to keep others safe from future dog bite injuries.
- Request a copy of the report. This is something your Benton, IL dog bite injury lawyers can help you with, but it does not hurt to take the first steps yourself. At the time that you make the report, make sure you take down the officers’ names and contact information. Request that the officer provide you with a copy for once they have filed it.
- Hire a qualified dog bite injury lawyer in Benton, IL. Find a talented dog bite injury lawyer in Benton, IL to give you insight into your situation, investigate the circumstances surrounding your case, determine your total damages, argue with the insurance company, demand full payment and handle all the details of your case. Burger Law’s dog bite injury lawyers in Benton, IL will fight until we secure the complete recovery you deserve for your Benton, IL dog bite injury. After your dog bite injury, contact us immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Hire Dog Bite Injury Lawyers in Benton, IL Near You
When you or someone in your family is injured by a dog bite in Benton, IL, you must take immediate action. Once you have received emergency medical care immediately after the incident occurs, remember to speak to experienced dog bite injury attorneys in Benton, IL as soon as possible. When you choose Burger Law for your Benton, IL dog bite injury lawyers, we are committed to your case, handling all parts of your claim and demanding your recovery from day one. Put our decades of experience and hundreds of claim wins to work for you and allow us to help you securing a complete recovery after you have suffered a traumatic dog bite injury in Benton, IL. Review your case for free with our dog bite lawyers in Benton, IL today at (314) 500-HURT or send us a message online now. We will begin fighting for your full recovery from the moment you hire us.