Aggressive representation for your Mattoon, IL dog bite injuries
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Mattoon, IL
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Mattoon, IL. A dog bite is a traumatic experience that often does more damage than meets the eye. The injuries from a dog bite go far below the puncture wounds of your skin. When you or someone you love suffers a dog bite injury in Mattoon, IL, you have an opportunity to request compensation paid by the liable person. Burger Law’s Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyers can get full compensation from the insurance company on your behalf and will work to get you a full recovery that allows you to heal from your dog bite injuries and move forward in life. Our Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyers will calculate your damages, demand a full financial recovery, supply you with guidance and advice during your case and address all the ins and outs of your case. Learn what our Mattoon, IL dog bite injury attorneys will do to help you win your Mattoon, IL dog bite injury case and secure you the settlement you are legally entitled to. by speaking with us immediately after after your dog bite incident. Get a free case review today by phone at (314) 500-HURT or online.
Get a complete recovery for your Mattoon, IL dog bite injuries
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Mattoon, IL
Many of those who have been injured by dog bites have come to Burger Law for help. Our Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyers will get to work right away, fighting to get you the damages you deserve. Our experienced Mattoon, IL attorneys are experts on the Missouri and Illinois laws and statutes that affect your Mattoon, IL dog bite injury claim and will ensure that every proceeding in your case is handled professionally. Take action toward obtaining a recovery by speaking with one of. Our aggressive and effective litigators will begin working for you today.
Mattoon, IL Dog Bite Injuries
A dog bite can result in a wide range of different injuries. Mattoon, IL dog bite injuries get complicated and often put you at risk of developing additional health issues or long-term effects such as disfigurement, permanent loss of function and especially infection. It is very important to seek out medical care immediately after the dog bite incident.
Receiving medical treatment right away following your injury is instrumental to your physical and financial recovery. You may receive a shot to prevent the onset of rabies, MRSA and other life-threatening infections or a plastic surgeon may be called upon to make sure the stitches you need are applied in a way that minimizes your scarring
Some of the most common injuries from dog bites include
- Puncture wounds
- Torn muscle tissue
- Damage to nerve tissue
- Broken bones
- Crush injuries
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of body part
- Trouble sleeping
- Negative self-confidence
To have a successful recovery, it is important that you heed the advice given by the professionals. As you trust the dog bite lawyers of Burger Law to lead you through the legal proceeding of your Mattoon, IL dog bite injury claim, you also need to trust and follow the guidance of your medical professionals in the treatment of your injuries. Your job is to attend all follow-up medical appointments and follow your physicians’ directions in caring for your injuries at home.
Mattoon, IL Dog Bite Injury Lawyers: Collecting Damages
If you are bitten and injured by a dog, you may be able to collect damages through a dog bite injury claim in Mattoon, IL. For your best chance getting a full recovery, you need to hire experienced dog bite injury lawyers in Mattoon, IL right away. Be wary of any initial settlement offers you receive from the insurance company. If they do offer you a settlement, it is unlikely that it will be anywhere near the complete value of your claim. The true value of your damages will be very difficult if not impossible without the help of Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyers.
Hire a qualified Mattoon, IL dog bite injury law firm in Mattoon, IL that you can trust. When you hire the experienced Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law, you have a team of experienced professionals working on your behalf. You can focus on recovering from your injuries while leaving the legal process to your attorney. With Burger Law, your Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyer handles every aspect of your case and serves several important roles as you go through life after your dog bite injury. Above all else, your dog bite injury lawyers are there to prove your claim and negotiate a great settlement.
Factors That Affect the Value of Your Claim
Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyers fight aggressively to get you a fair and complete settlement for your injuries caused by a dog bite injury. We are familiar with the intricacies and details that play a role in calculating the value of your damages and possess the skill needed to argue for a complete recovery. Your Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyer‘s job is to help you understand the dollar amount of your claim and negotiate a full recovery for all of your damages.
To determine the dollar amount of your claim, you can expect your Mattoon, IL dog bite injury attorney to investigate things such as:
- Where the incident took place
- The events that led up to the attack
- Your age
- The amount of insurance coverage available
- The lasting effects of the bite
- The severity of the injuries and amount of medical treatment needed
- The psychological impact
- The cost of the injuries, from the cost of medical treatment and lost wages from your inability to work
Your Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyers will investigate the facts of the case, collect evidence and get information from experts like doctors and psychologists. Once we understand the facts of your case by investigating the incident, compiling evidence and documentation and getting information from subject matter experts like psychologists and surgeons, your Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyers will demand that the defendant’s insurance company compensate you for the damages you have suffered.
Dog Bite Damages You May Recover
Your Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyers carefully calculate the sum of your damages by adding together all economic damages with real dollar values such as your medical bills and treatment costs along with the more abstract non-economic damages like pain and suffering. Experienced dog bite injury lawyers in Mattoon, IL who have helped other dog bite injury clients recover will know the practice for assigning value to all your damages and will be aggressive in their pursuit of a fair settlement for you.
The types of damages that may be included in the value of your claim include:
- Current and future medical costs
- Cost of treatment, surgeries, rehabilitation and other services to treat the physical and psychological effects of being bitten by a dog
- Disability accommodations
- Lost wages due to being unable to work because of your dog bite injuries
- Reduced future wages due to the long-term effects of your injuries
- Psychological distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Inability to perform or enjoy daily activities or household responsibilities
- Personal property damaged in the course of the attack
- Any other out-of-pocket costs
Our St. Louis-based personal injury lawyers can help you recover after any type of injury in Missouri or Illinois that affects your life or the lives of people you love. Learn more about cases we represent, such as:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Illinois
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Illinois
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Illinois
- Car Accident Attorney in Illinois
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Illinois
How can I keep my children safe from dog bites?
According to Kids Health, nearly five million people suffer from dog-rela …
Do I have a dog bite case?
If you or a family member has been bit by another person's dog in Missour …
How common are dog bites?
Dogs are one of the most popular pets in American homes. They are often g …
Steps to Take After a Mattoon, IL Dog Bite Injury
After you or a loved one are injured by a dog bite, you must act swiftly and seek help for both your physical recovery and for the outcome of your legal claim. You never want or expect to be injured in a dog bite incident. It is important that you know the correction action to take immediately after the dog bite injury until you are able to speak to and hire the best dog bite injury lawyers in Mattoon, IL. In the event of a dog bite injury, you should follow these steps:
- Leave the vicinity. Remove yourself from the area. You can collect information from witnesses if there are any available, but it is important that you do not talk about the incident with the dog owner.
- Seek medical care. Your top priority should be getting emergency medical care for your dog bite. This emergency care is crucial as it allows a professional to examine your condition, give your wounds the necessary treatment and detect any additional injuries and make sure they are properly cared for.
- Contact police or animal control to file a report. Filing a report will create documentation of the incident and will allow the authorities to investigate. Filing a claim not only makes for a stronger case for you and your Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyers, but also helps to ensure the safety of others if the dog is aggressive and dangerous.
- Obtain a copy of the report. This is something your Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyers can help you with, but you can also be proactive and request it yourself. When you make the report and speak to the authorities, make sure to record the officers’ names and contact information. Request that the officer issue you a copy of the incident report once they have filed it.
- Hire a skilled dog bite injury lawyer in Mattoon, IL. Find an experienced dog bite injury lawyer in Mattoon, IL to give you insight into your situation, investigate the events of the accident, calculate your total damages, argue with the insurance company, demand complete payment and handle all the details of your case. Burger Law’s dog bite injury lawyers in Mattoon, IL will fight until we secure the complete recovery you deserve for your Mattoon, IL dog bite injury. After your dog bite injury, contact us immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Hire Dog Bite Injury Lawyers in Mattoon, IL Near You
If you or a family member are injured in a dog bite attack in Mattoon, IL, it is important that you take the proper action. After receiving emergency medical care immediately after the incident occurs, you must reach out to a law firm of skilled dog bite injury attorneys near you in Mattoon, IL right away. The Mattoon, IL dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law are committed to your case, handling all parts of your claim and pursing your complete recovery from the moment you hire us. Put our decades of experience and hundreds of claim wins to work for you and allow us to assist you securing a great recovery after you have suffered the trauma of a dog bite injury in Mattoon, IL. Review your case for free with our dog bite lawyers in Mattoon, IL immediately at (314) 500-HURT or send us a message online now. We are here to help you recover from your dog bite injuries from the moment you hire us.