Fierce representation for your New Athens, IL dog bite injuries
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers New Athens, IL
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers New Athens, IL. Experiencing a dog bite is a traumatic experience that often does more damage than meets the eye. The injuries from a dog bite go far below the puncture wounds of your skin. When you or a loved one suffers a dog bite injury in New Athens, IL, you may pursue a financial recovery for your damages from the responsible person. Dog bite injury lawyers in New Athens, IL with Burger Law know how to demand full compensation from the insurance company on your behalf and will obtain the recovery you need to move forward after suffering a dog bite attack. Our team of New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyers will prove your damages, demand a complete settlement, provide support and insight throughout the process and take care of all the ins and outs of your case. Learn what our New Athens, IL dog bite injury attorneys will do to guide you in your New Athens, IL dog bite injury case and secure you the recovery you are legally entitled to. by reaching out to us as soon as possible after you are bitten by a dog. Contact us for a free case review now at (314) 500-HURT or online.
Get a complete recovery for your New Athens, IL dog bite injuries
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers New Athens, IL
Many of those who have been injured by dog bites have come to Burger Law for help. Our New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyers will get to work right away, fighting to get you the damages you deserve. Our veteran New Athens, IL lawyers are deeply familiar with the Missouri and Illinois state statutes relevant to your New Athens, IL dog bite injury claim and will ensure professional handling of all parts of your case. Take the first step toward winning your case by contacting the Burger Law dog bite injury lawyers right away. Our team of fierce and effective lawyers will begin working for you today.
New Athens, IL Injuries from Dog Bites
The injuries you have when you walk away from a dog bite incident can vary greatly. New Athens, IL dog bite injuries are intricate and put you at risk of developing further health problems down the line including disfigurement, permanent loss of function and most importantly, infection. It is very important to seek out medical care right away after the dog bite incident.
Seeing a medical professional right away after you have been injured is critical to your physical and financial recovery. For example, the emergency physician may administer a shot to prevent the onset of rabies, MRSA and other serious and potentially dangerous infections or a plastic surgeon may be called upon to make sure the stitches you need are applied in a way that minimizes your scarring
Common dog bite injuries include
- Puncture wounds
- Muscle tissue tears
- Nerve tissue damage
- Broken bones
- Injuries from crushing
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Trouble sleeping
- Negative self-confidence
Your recovery depends on the expertise and your adherence to the proven professionals. While the dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law lead you through the legal proceeding of your New Athens, IL dog bite injury suit, you also need to trust and follow the guidance your physicians in the treatment of your injuries. Be sure to make it to all follow-up medical appointments and while at home, care for your injuries according to the instructions of your doctors.
New Athens, IL Dog Bite Injury Lawyers: Collecting Damages
If you are bitten and injured by a dog, you could be eligible to collect damages through a dog bite injury claim in New Athens, IL. To maximize your chances of getting complete compensation, find qualified New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyers right away. Be wary of any initial settlement offers you receive from the insurance company. If they do offer you a settlement, it is unlikely that it will be anywhere near the complete value of your claim. The true value of your damages will be very difficult if not impossible without the help of New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyers.
Hire a qualified New Athens, IL dog bite injury law firm in New Athens, IL that you can trust. When you hire the experienced New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law, you have a team of experienced professionals working on your behalf. Let your trusted and dedicated attorney take care of your case while you focus on healing from your dog bite injuries. Your New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyer personally takes care of all of your case and legal needs for your dog bite injury. Above all else, your dog bite injury lawyers are there to prove your claim and negotiate a great settlement.
Factors That Affect the Value of Your Claim
New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyers fight aggressively to get you a fair and complete settlement for your injuries caused by a dog bite injury. We are familiar with the intricacies and details that play a role in determining what your damages are worth and possess the skillset necessary to argue for a total settlement. Your New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyer‘s job is to help you understand the dollar amount of your claim and ensure that you demand compensation for all of your damages.
In order to accurately calculate the dollar amount of your claim, your dog bite injury attorney will investigate factors such as:
- Where the incident took place
- The circumstances surrounding the incident
- The age of the victim
- The amount of insurance coverage available
- The long-term or permanent effects of the bite
- How serious the injuries and subsequent medical treatment are
- The psychological impact
- The cost of the injuries, from medical costs and earnings you were not able to secure due to being unable to work
Your New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyers will investigate the facts of the case, collect evidence and get information from experts like doctors and psychologists. As your New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyers, we begin working on your case from the moment you hire us so that we can make a demand of the dog owner’s insurance company to pay you a settlement equal to all of your damages.
Dog Bite Damages You May Recover
To determine the value of your damages, your dog bite injury lawyers in New Athens, IL add together all economic damages with real dollar values such as your medical bills and treatment costs along with the more abstract non-economic damages like pain and suffering. Qualified dog bite injury lawyers in New Athens, IL who have helped other dog bite injury clients recover will know how to calculate all your damages and will be aggressive in their pursuit of a fair settlement for you.
Your dog bite claim could include damages like:
- Medical bills
- Cost of treatment, surgeries, rehabilitation and other services to help you heal physically and psychologically after being bitten by a dog
- Disability accommodations
- Income lost due to being unable to work because of your dog bite injuries
- Reduced future wages due to the long-term effects of your injuries
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Inability to perform tasks of daily living or enjoy yourself due to the effects of your injuries
- Personal property damaged in the attack
- Any other out-of-pocket costs
Our St. Louis-based personal injury lawyers can help you recover after any type of injury in Missouri or Illinois that affects your life or the lives of people you love. Learn more about cases we represent, such as:
How can I keep my children safe from dog bites?
According to Kids Health, nearly five million people suffer from dog-rela …
Do I have a dog bite case?
If you or a family member has been bit by another person's dog in Missour …
How common are dog bites?
Dogs are one of the most popular pets in American homes. They are often g …
What To Do After a Dog Bite Injury in New Athens, IL
It is important that, after being injured by a dog bite, you act swiftly and seek help for both your physical recovery and your financial recovery in your legal claim. You never want or expect to be injured in a dog bite incident, but you need to be aware of what to do in the immediate aftermath of a dog bite injury until you are able to speak to and hire the best dog bite injury lawyers in New Athens, IL. After you experience a dog bite injury, you should follow these steps:
- Leave the area. Remove yourself from the area. You may choose to get contact information from witnesses if you are able to, but do not discuss what just happened with the dog owner.
- Seek medical attention. Your top priority should be getting emergency medical care for your dog bite. A medical professional can examine your condition, perform critical treatment of your injuries and detect any additional injuries and make sure they are properly cared for.
- File a report. Filing a report will create documentation of the incident and will allow the authorities to investigate. This can not only help strengthen your case when you and your New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyers file a claim, but can also help keep others safe from future dog bite injuries.
- Request a copy of the report. Your New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyers can assist you with this, but you can also be proactive and request it yourself. When you make the report and speak to the authorities, make sure you take down the officers’ names and contact information. Request that the officer provide you with a copy for once it has been officially filed.
- Hire a skilled dog bite injury lawyer in New Athens, IL. You need a talented dog bite injury lawyer in New Athens, IL to give you insight into your situation, investigate the events of the accident, determine the value of your damages, argue with the insurance company, demand complete compensation and handle all the details of your case. The dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law in New Athens, IL fight fearlessly to get you the full recovery you are entitled to after your New Athens, IL dog bite injury. Call us at (314) 500-HURT right away after you have been bitten and injured.
Hire Dog Bite Injury Lawyers in New Athens, IL Near You
When you or someone in your family is injured in a dog bite attack in New Athens, IL, you must take immediate action. After receiving emergency medical care immediately after the incident occurs, remember to contact a law firm of skilled dog bite injury attorneys near you in New Athens, IL right away. The New Athens, IL dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law are committed to your case, handling all parts of your claim and pursing your complete recovery from day one. Put our decades of experience and hundreds of claim wins to work for you and allow us to help you securing a great recovery after you have suffered the trauma of a dog bite injury in New Athens, IL. Review your case for free with our dog bite lawyers in New Athens, IL today at (314) 500-HURT or send us a message online now. We will begin fighting for your full recovery from the moment you hire us.