Fierce representation for your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injuries
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers O'Fallon, MO
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers O'Fallon, MO. Experiencing a dog bite is a frightening experience that often does more damage than meets the eye. Dog bite injuries run much deeper than the puncturing of your skin. When you or a family member is injured by a dog bite in O'Fallon, MO, you are entitled to request a financial recovery for your damages from the liable person. Dog bite injury lawyers in O'Fallon, MO with Burger Law will demand a great settlement from the insurance company on your behalf and will obtain the recovery you need to heal from your dog bite injuries and move forward in life. Our O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury lawyers will prove your damages, demand a complete settlement, supply you with guidance and advice throughout your case and address all the ins and outs of your case. Discover what our O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury attorneys will do to assist you your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury case and secure you the recovery you deserve. by contacting us immediately after after your dog bite incident. Get a free case review today at (314) 500-HURT or online.
Get a complete recovery for your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injuries
Dog Bite Injury Lawyers O'Fallon, MO
When you or a loved one has been bitten and injured by a dog, Burger Law’s O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury lawyers begin fighting for you and demanding the damages you deserve. Our experienced O'Fallon, MO attorneys are know all there is to know about the Missouri and Illinois state statutes relevant to your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury claim and will ensure professional handling of all parts of your case. When you contact our dog bite injury lawyers, you are taking the first step toward recovering the damages you are owed. Our team of aggressive and savvy litigators will begin working for you today.
O'Fallon, MO Injuries from Dog Bites
A person could receive all manners of different injuries from a dog bite. O'Fallon, MO dog bite injuries get complicated and put you at risk of developing further health problems down the line like scarring, permanent loss of function and most importantly, infection. It is imperative that you receive necessary medical attention immediately after the dog bite occurs.
The medical care you receive immediately following your injury is critical both for your recovery and for the outcome of your dog bite injury suit. For example, the emergency physician may administer a shot to prevent the onset of rabies, MRSA and other serious and potentially dangerous infections or you may have a specialist take care of your stitches to minimize the appearance of scars
Some of the most common injuries from dog bites include
- Cuts and scrapes
- Muscle tissue tears
- Nerve tissue damage
- Broken bones
- Crush injuries
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of body part
- Stress and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Trouble sleeping
- Negative self-confidence
Your recovery depends on the expertise and your adherence to the guidance of professionals. As you trust the dog bite lawyers of Burger Law to guide you through the legal proceeding of your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury claim, it is also important that you follow through with the care and direction your physicians in the treatment of your injuries. Be sure to make it to all future medical appointments and follow your physicians’ directions in caring for your injuries at home.
O'Fallon, MO Dog Bite Injury Lawyers: Collecting Damages
After a dog bites and injures you, you could be eligible to file a O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury claim to collect damages. For your best chance receiving a full recovery, find qualified dog bite injury lawyers in O'Fallon, MO right away. Be wary of any initial settlement offers you receive from the insurance company. If they do offer you a settlement, it is unlikely that it will be anywhere near the complete value of your claim. The true value of your damages will be nearly impossible to obtain without dog bite injury lawyers in O'Fallon, MO on your side.
It is important that you find an experienced O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury law firm in O'Fallon, MO that you can trust. When you hire the experienced O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law, you have a team of experienced professionals fighting for you. Let your trusted and dedicated attorney take care of your case while you focus on healing from your dog bite injuries. Your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury lawyer handles every aspect of your case and serves several important roles as you go through life after your dog bite injury. Two of the most critical things dog bite injury lawyers do are prove your claim and negotiate a great settlement.
What Affects the Value of Your Claim
O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury lawyers fight aggressively to get you a fair and complete settlement for your injuries caused by a dog bite injury. We are familiar with the intricacies and details that play a role in adding up the value of your damages and possess the skillset necessary to argue for a complete recovery. Your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury lawyer will help you understand the dollar amount of your claim and negotiate a full recovery for all of your damages.
To determine the dollar amount of your claim, you can expect your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury attorney to investigate things such as:
- The location
- The events that led up to the incident
- Your age
- The insurance coverage
- The long-term or permanent effects of your injuries
- How serious the injuries and subsequent medical treatment are
- The psychological effect of the incident on the victim
- The economic impact of the bite, such as the cost of medical treatment and lost wages from your inability to work
Your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury lawyers will investigate the facts of the case, collect evidence and get information from experts like doctors and psychologists. As your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury lawyers, we begin working on your case from the moment you hire us so that we can demand that the defendant’s insurance company pay you a settlement equal to all of your damages.
Dog Bite Damages You May Recover
To determine the value of your damages, your dog bite injury lawyers in O'Fallon, MO add up all damages, including straightforward economic damages like medical bills and lost income along with the non-economic damages like pain and suffering, which is more abstract. Experienced dog bite injury lawyers in O'Fallon, MO who have helped other dog bite injury clients recover are familiar with the practice for assigning value to all your damages to ensure that they fight for a fair settlement for you.
Your dog bite claim could include damages like:
- Current and future medical costs
- Cost of treatment, surgeries, rehabilitation and other services to help you heal physically and psychologically after being bitten by a dog
- Disability accommodations
- Lost wages due to being unable to work because of your dog bite injuries
- Reduced earning capacity in the future due to the long-term effects of your injuries
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Inability to perform tasks of daily living or enjoy yourself due to the effects of your injuries
- Any property that was damaged in the course of the attack
- Any other out-of-pocket costs
Our St. Louis-based personal injury lawyers can help you recover after any type of injury in Missouri or Illinois that affects your life or the lives of people you love. Learn more about cases we represent, such as:
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
How can I keep my children safe from dog bites?
According to Kids Health, nearly five million people suffer from dog-rela …
Do I have a dog bite case?
If you or a family member has been bit by another person's dog in Missour …
How common are dog bites?
Dogs are one of the most popular pets in American homes. They are often g …
Steps to Take After a O'Fallon, MO Dog Bite Injury
After you or a loved one are injured by a dog bite, you must act swiftly and seek help for both your physical healing and for the outcome of your legal claim. You never want or expect to be injured in a dog bite incident, but you need to be aware of the correction action to take immediately after the dog bite injury until you are able to speak to and hire the best dog bite injury lawyers in O'Fallon, MO. In the event of a dog bite injury, you should:
- Leave the area. Leave the property or area where the bite occurred. You can collect information from witnesses if there are any available, but do not discuss what just happened with the dog owner.
- Seek medical attention. Your top priority should be getting emergency medical care for your dog bite. This emergency care is crucial as it allows a professional to examine your condition, perform critical treatment of your injuries and detect any additional injuries and make sure they are properly cared for.
- Contact police or animal control to file a report. Filing a report will create documentation of the incident and will allow the authorities to investigate. Filing a claim not only makes for a stronger case for you and your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury lawyers, but also helps to ensure the safety of others if the dog is aggressive and dangerous.
- Request a copy of the report. Your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury lawyers can assist you with this, but it does not hurt to take the first steps yourself. At the time that you make the report, make sure you take down the officers’ names and contact information. Request that the officer issue you a copy of the incident report once it has been officially filed.
- Hire a qualified dog bite injury lawyer in O'Fallon, MO. You need a talented dog bite injury lawyer in O'Fallon, MO to give you insight into your situation, investigate the circumstances surrounding your case, calculate the value of your damages, negotiate with the insurance company, demand full payment and take care of all legal aspects of your case. Burger Law’s dog bite injury lawyers in O'Fallon, MO fight fearlessly until we secure the complete recovery you deserve for your O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury. After your dog bite injury, contact us immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Hire Dog Bite Injury Lawyers in O'Fallon, MO Near You
If you or a family member are injured in a dog bite attack in O'Fallon, MO, it is important that you take the proper action. Once you have received critical medical care right away after the incident, remember to speak to experienced dog bite injury attorneys in O'Fallon, MO right away. The O'Fallon, MO dog bite injury lawyers of Burger Law are committed to your case, handling all parts of your claim and pursing your complete recovery from day one. Let us put our expertise and skill to work for you and assist you obtain a complete recovery after you have suffered a traumatic dog bite injury in O'Fallon, MO. Review your case for free with our dog bite lawyers in O'Fallon, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out this form right now. We will begin fighting for your full recovery from the moment you hire us.