Elmiron Lawsuit Lawyers in Missouri & Illinois
Are you looking for someone to fight for you? Burger Law provides experienced legal representation.
Elmiron Lawsuit Lawyers. Elmiron is a drug that is used to treat IC (interstitial cystitis). If you are seeking legal representation for bladder pain syndrome, do not hesitate to reach out to Burger Law. We are a St. Louis based law firm that protects those in need. Elmiron is known to bladder pain and other diseases. If you have been prescribed this drug and have noticed side-effects, we are here to help.
What is Elmiron?
Elmiron is a drug often used to treat bladder conditions. Currently, it is the only FDA-approved drug used to treat IC (interstitial cystitis). Bladder infections or discomfort are the main use-cases. Call one of our Elmiron lawyers now if you or a family member have taken the prescribed drug and experienced negative symptoms.
Common Symptoms of Elmiron Use
The major side-effect of concern is maculopathy. The link between Elmiron and this eye disease are being debated. It may be mild to severe. Retinal damage may include:
- Hair loss
- Retinal toxicity
- Abdominal pain
Of course there are other symptoms. Elmiron has been designed to provide IC (bladder) relief and discomfort. The biggest side-effect is eye disease.
Elmiron is an FDA-approved medication taken daily and used to treat the pain and discomfort associated with interstitial cystitis (IC), a chronic bladder syndrome that affects millions of Americans each year. This oral medication is a pain reliever and blood thinner that is used by both men and women suffering from the symptoms of IC, though it is more prevalent in women.
Also known as pentosan polysulfate sodium (PPS), this drug is meant to create a thin layer in the wall of the drug-takers’ bladder in order to protect against the irritating and harmful substances found in urine from IC.
Elmiron has been on the market and prescribed long-term to people across the U.S. since the 1990s.
If you have taken Elmiron and are experiencing any of the symptoms related to macular degeneration, you could be eligible for filing an Elmiron lawsuit. Get in touch with an Elmiron vision loss lawyer at Burger Law now to learn more.
How Burger Law Can Help
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf.
Are You Owed Compensation?
It is important to prove negligence in a personal injury case. It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from a big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is important for our attorneys to make sure your compensation is fair and justified. Here are a few ways we go about proving a claim:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday life. Proving that there is a duty of care is a good first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail. The same goes for truck drivers, big corporations, and others.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver that blows a red light and crashes into another car or pedestrian. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. Our personal injury lawyers will consider short and long-term damages for our clients.
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Elmiron Lawsuit Attorneys.. You will not be charged with any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
A couple of resources about personal injury law that you may find useful include:
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Client Testimonials
- Video Archives
- How to Choose a Law Firm
- Our Blog
The last thing on your mind should be worrying about court dates or legal jargon. Keeping records and information about your claim is important, however, when seeking financial reimbursement. This is useful as evidence down the line.
Contact the Elmiron Lawyers in St. Louis, MO, Today
If your case is not progressing the way you thought it would, call our Elmiron lawsuit attorneys in St. Louis immediately. We do not charge you anything unless we win the claim for you. Anyone who has taken Elmiron for interstitial cystitis and developed a vision disorder should contact our firm now. Burger Law’s St. Louis, MO, Elmiron lawyers are here to help.