Work injuries happen. Whether it’s a pulled muscle, a cut, or a severe back injury, it never feels good, and often, it’s not your fault. But what do you do when you’re injured at work? Who is going to pay for your injuries? Are you out of luck? Is your employer required to cover your injuries? In this FAQ, we’re going to explore the options you can take and the laws that are on your side when you’re injured at work.
If you’ve been injured at work, and you need help getting the care and recovery you are owed, we can help. Burger Law is a dedicated Personal Injury Law Firm in St. Louis with a proven track record of fighting for the rights and recoveries of those who have been injured at work. We know how to take on these cases, and we know how to ensure that our clients get the care and recovery they deserve.
What should you do if you’re Injured on the Job?
Personal Injury Lawyer St. Louis
What do you do? What can you do? When you’re injured at work, there are several steps you need to take to make sure that your injuries are recorded, and that the injury happened at work and because of a work function. Injuries that happen before or after work typically cannot be pursued as work injuries, and injuries that happen from health complications that arise outside of work also typically cannot be pursued as work injuries. With this in mind, here are several steps you should take immediately following a work injury:
- Make sure that the injury was a sudden specific work accident
- Make sure that the work incident is what caused your injury
- File an Injury Report – Go to your boss and Report it. Make sure it is described right, or disagree with the report if it’s not right. If they wont do an injury report, you write it out and take a picture of it. Always ask that a written report is made.
- Get medical attention. Your employer can choose where, but if they won’t get you medical attention, you can go to the ER. Make sure to report that it’s a work injury.
- If your work refuses to help you with your injuries, a lawyer can help you with your claim.
It’s important to remember that you have rights, and you can use them. Both Missouri and Illinois have rights and protections for employees who are injured while on the job, and it is never the wrong step to take, nor does it make you a bad person to pursue your rights. You didn’t ask to be hurt, you didn’t ask to lose work and wages and you didn’t ask to have painful injuries or ailments.
If you’re hurt at Work and need help, Call Us
You deserve to recovery from your injuries fully, both physically and financially. If you have any questions about further steps you can take to protect your claim, questions about how a lawyer could help you, or if you should sue your employer for care they aren’t providing you, give our Firm as call. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in St. Louis zealously pursue workers’ compensation claims, and we never settle for anything less than the maximum of what our clients need. Call our team at 314-542-2222 or 618 297 4777.