Dogs are one of the most popular pets in American homes. They are often gentle, playful, obedient, tame and loveable. However, things go wrong and they are, above all else, animals. Occasionally situations arise in which someone gets injured by a serious dog bite. When you or a family member are bitten and injured by a dog, you may have a Missouri or Illinois dob bite injury case. If someone you love has been hurt by a dog bite attack, find out what to do and how you can recover by speaking to a qualified dog bite injury attorney today. Burger Law's team of accomplished dog bite injury lawyers fight for and win great recoveries for our dog bite injury clients and other St. Louis, Missouri and Illinois residents who have been harmed. Let us begin work on your case today by calling us now at (314) 500-HURT or sending us a message.
The Statistics: How common are dog bites?
Most dogs are fun, friendly and safe family pets. So just how often do dog bite injuries occur and what effect do dog bite injuries have on our communities? We have compiled a list of dog bite statistics to help you understand the prevalence of dog bite injuries and their impact on the world around us. If you or a loved one have been injured by a dog bite attack, contact our Missouri and Illinois dog bite injury lawyers immediately.
- There are more than 55 million dogs in the United States. Put another way, one-third of all American homes have a pet dog.1
- There are 4.5 million dog bites each year.1
- There are 100 dog bites every hour.4
- 800,000 dog bites each year, or one in five, require medical treatment.2
- 334,000 dog bite injuries each year require hospitalization.4
- More than half of all dog bite victims are children.2
- Most dog bite fatalities are children.1.
- Dog bite injuries are more common in children than injuries from accidents caused by playgrounds, bikes, skateboards, and mopeds.4
- 77% of all dog bite injuries occur at the home of the victim or at the home of the victim's friend or family.4
- 1 in 5 dog bite injuries become infected.3
- Dog bites cost homeowners insurance carriers $854 million in dog bite injury suits in the year 2020.3
- Dog bite victims suffer more than $1 billion in economic damages every year.3
Hire a Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Now
A dog bite is a traumatic event, and unfortunately, dog bites often happen to children. If you or someone in your family has been hurt by a dog bite incident, you may have a chance to recover your damages in a Missouri or Illinois dog bite injury suit. After being injured in a serious dog bite attack, you must speak to a qualified dog bite injury lawyer immediately. The St. Louis dog bite lawyers of Burger Law have dedicated their lives to helping people rebuild their lives after injuries like dog bites. We have helped families and individuals throughout Missouri and Illinois recover over 170 million dollars in damages after injuries and will help you receive full compensation to help you move through life after your dog bite injury. Call us now at (314) 500-HURT to speak to a lawyer about your case for free today.
1. American Academy of Family Physicians Prevention and Treatment of Dog Bites
2. American Veterinary Medical Association Dog bite prevention
3. DogBites.org Dog bite statistics
4. UMPC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Facts and Figures About Dog Attacks