Head Injury LawyerCollinsville, IL
The Collinsville Personal Injury Lawyers of Burger Law Fight to make sure you get the care and recovery you deserve
Head injuries are almost always traumatic, in fact, they are one of the most common causes of disability or death. Even if the head injury doesn’t seem severe, you should still see a doctor to make sure. If you’re currently suffering from a head injury and you need help getting what you are owed, don’t worry. You do have options.
Burger Law’s Personal Injury Lawyers in Collinsville always demand full compensation and recovery for their clients who are injured and suffering from traumatic brain injuries. Our Head Injury Lawyers know how terrible head injuries are and how debilitating they can be to the injured’s everyday functions. We can help you or your loved one get the full care and recovery you deserve. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won’t require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Head Injuries – Head Injury Lawyer Collinsville, IL
Unlike other types of injuries where the injury can be outwardly apparent, a person who is suffering from a head injury often shows no outward appearance of being injured. Brain injuries, however, can have lasting consequences whereas broken bones can heal. People with traumatic head injuries often do not realize they have them and may struggle with tasks they once considered routine after symptoms surface.
So that head injuries and their symptoms can be better understood, we’ve compiled a brief list. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Collinsville are well versed in litigating head injuries, and the head injuries they litigate most commonly are as follows:
- Concussions – This injury type is typically seen in sports and auto accidents. Any force that causes the head to move in a whiplash-like motion, or any direct force that knocks into the skull can cause the brain to violently impact the inside of the skull. Signs of a concussion are loss of consciousness, disrupted vision, and loss of balance/awareness.
- Fractures – Skull fractures are a break in the skeletal structure of the skull. These injuries are often extremely severe. In most cases, severe brain damage does occur.
- Linear Skull Fractures – This is one of the more common skull fracture types. There is a break in the bone structure of the skull, but the broken bone does not move anywhere. This injury will share symptoms with concussions, and it may have further motor function disabilities.
- Depressed Skull Fractures – In this case, the brain can be damaged by the bone and force of the accident. Surgery is typically required for this level of injury.
- Hematomas – These injuries cause undue pressure on the brain which happens after clots form on or around the brain.
- Epidural Hematoma – This forms between the skull bone and the brain. This injury is caused by broken or ruptured blood vessels in the brain. In this injury, migraines are very common, as well as loss of consciousness or motor functions.
- Contusion – This is a direct injury to the brain. For this injury, major loss of motor function is common, as well as severe migraines and loss of consciousness.
Head Injuries should always be taken seriously, see a doctor or health professional as soon as possible. Your health and well-being demand that your head injury gets the care it needs. If someone caused your injury, you can sue them to get the care you need and deserve. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Collinsville can help you get the recovery and compensation you are owed for your injury.
Symptoms of Head Injuries – Head Injury Attorney in Collinsville
Knowing how to detect when someone is suffering from a traumatic brain injury isn’t always simple. Your skull is thick and is designed to protect your brain from blunt force trauma, but even the skull has its limits and can’t protect the brain in all cases. Your brain can still be seriously damaged without any exterior signs. Our Head Injury Lawyers in Collinsville recommend you look for these symptoms when trying to determine if someone is suffering from a brain injury:
- Sensitivity to Noise or Light – If light or noise appears to negatively affect them and the light and noise are at normal levels, this can be a sign that the head trauma is more severe than initially realized.
- Abnormally Pale Skin – Skin that appears unusually pale can be a sign that brain damage has occured.
- Severe Constant Headache – Severe Migraines or constant headaches can be signs of brain damage.
- Blurred Vision – If the person has difficulty seeing where before they did not, this can be a clear sign of brain damage.
- Balance Issues – When someone had difficulty walking, and they aren’t suffering from leg or back issues, this can be a sign that they are suffering from traumatic brain damage.
- Abnormal Sweating – Sweating during unusual circumstances can be a sign of brain damage.
- Sensitive to Irritability – If someone is irritable after a brain injury, and before they didn’t exhibit this type of attitude, it can be a sign of brain damage.
Brain Injuries, if not seen to as soon as possible, can cause serious health issues. Quick and effective medical attention can typically have extremely positive effects on a brain injury. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Collinsville can make sure that you or your loved one get the full care and recovery you need. We know the levels of recovery or medical procedures that are required to correct and heal traumatic brain injuries, and we can make sure that you receive the procedures or medical attention you need for your injuries.
Head Injury Lawyer Collinsville, IL – Call our Team Now
You are entitled to and deserve a full recovery and full compensation for your losses. Remember, you didn’t ask to be injured, you didn’t ask to have your life changed, and you didn’t ask to have medical bills or lose work and lose wages. If you or someone you love who’s been hurt needs a Personal Injury Lawyer in Collinsville who has experience with head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, or other types of head-related injuries, we can help. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won’t require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Burger Law Legal Services
If you need help with a claim other than head injuries, our Personal Injury Lawyers in Collinsville can still provide you with exceptional legal counsel and guidance. For more information on our services, please see the list provided on this page – Practice Areas.