Head Injury LawyerColumbia, MO
The Columbia Personal Injury Lawyers of Burger Law Fight to make sure you get the care and recovery you deserve
Head injuries are almost always traumatic, in fact, they are one of the most common causes of disability or death. For this reason, head injuries of any severity should always be taken seriously regardless of whether it’s a small bruise or a concussion/contusion. If you or someone you love has sustained a head injury and is now suffering from the effects of that injury you do have options to rectify the injury and get a recovery.
Burger Law’s Personal Injury Lawyers in Columbia are dedicated to fighting for the full and complete rights of their clients who have been harmed and are suffering from brain injuries. Our Head Injury Lawyers always give these cases the complete attention and dedication they deserve because head injuries are extremely traumatic and need to be litigated seriously and extensively. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Columbia can help you get the care you need and deserve. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won’t require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Head Injuries – Head Injury Lawyer Columbia, MO
Head injuries aren’t always outwardly apparent, an individual suffering from a head injury often shows no outward appearance of being injured. The effects of a traumatic brain injury typically have lasting consequences. Those who are suffering from brain injuries aren’t always aware that their functions are being impaired.
So what are the common types of head injuries, and what are the symptoms associated with that injury? Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Columbia are well versed in litigating head injuries, and the head injuries they litigate most commonly are as follows:
- Concussions – This type of head injury is common in most sports as well as accidents. This can be caused by force directly to the head, or by the head being violently shaken or pulled in a direction. Signs of a concussion are loss of consciousness, disrupted vision, and loss of balance/awareness.
- Fractures – This is a break in the thick skeletal bone. This type of head injury can be more severe because more force is required to break the thick skull bone. In most cases, severe brain damage does occur.
- Linear Skull Fractures – This is the most common type of skull fracture. There is a broken area in the skull, but the bone is still in the spot it should be. Typically, little intervention is needed to correct this injury.
- Depressed Skull Fractures – In this case, the brain can be damaged by the bone and force of the accident. At this level, severe loss of motor function is possible, as well as extended comas.
- Hematomas – This injury is caused by blood clots on or around the brain which causes the brain to undergo pressure.
- Epidural Hematoma – This hematoma forms between the skull and the dura that protects the brain. This type of hematoma can form when blood vessels burst in the brain. In this injury, migraines are very common, as well as loss of consciousness or motor functions.
- Contusion – This type of hematoma is a direct injury of the brain. Symptoms include bruising, swelling of the brain, loss of consciousness, loss of motor functions and more.
Head Injuries should always be taken seriously, see a doctor or health professional as soon as possible. Your life can be seriously damaged by a head injury. You can sue the person who caused your traumatic brain injury. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Columbia can help you with any questions about your rights, and the steps you can take to get a full recovery.
Symptoms of Head Injuries – Head Injury Attorney in Columbia
Knowing how to detect when someone is suffering from a traumatic brain injury isn’t always simple. While the skull can typically protect the brain in most cases, a traumatic accident can have the force required to cause injury to the brain. Your brain can still be seriously damaged without any exterior signs. Our Head Injury Lawyers in Columbia recommend you look for these symptoms when trying to determine if someone is suffering from a brain injury:
- Sensitivity to Noise or Light – If light or noise appears to negatively affect them and the light and noise are at normal levels, this can be a sign that the head trauma is more severe than initially realized.
- Abnormally Pale Skin – Abnormally pale skin can be a sign that the bodies regulatory functions are being affected or that the brain which governs these functions is damaged.
- Severe Constant Headache – Constant headaches are a sign of increased pressure or damage to the brain.
- Blurred Vision – Persistant blurred vision is a clear sign of brain trauma.
- Balance Issues – Balance issues or difficulty walking can be a sign of brain damage.
- Abnormal Sweating – When the brain is damaged, the body has several signs to show that trauma has taken place. Abnormal sweating is a clear sign of potential brain damage.
- Sensitive to Irritability – Unusually short tempers or general irritability can be a sign of brain damage.
Noticing brain issues as soon as they start can help reduce damage and other issues that could arise later. With the brain, having the injury seen to and corrected as quickly as possible is paramount to ensuring that no further damage happens. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Columbia can make sure that you or your loved one get the full care and recovery you need. Our Lawyers can help get you or your loved one the exact care that is needed for the brain injury.
Head Injury Lawyer Columbia, MO – Call our Team Now
You deserve to recover from your injuries, and you deserve to get the full recovery you are owed, whether it’s physical rehabilitation, medical needs, or financial awards that you can receive because of the injury. Remember, you didn’t ask to be injured, you didn’t ask to have your life changed, and you didn’t ask to have medical bills or lose work and lose wages. If you or someone you love who’s been hurt needs a Personal Injury Lawyer in Columbia who has experience with head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, or other types of head-related injuries, we can help. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won’t require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Burger Law Legal Services
If you need help with a claim other than head injuries, our Personal Injury Lawyers in Columbia can still provide you with exceptional legal counsel and guidance. For more information on our services, please see the list provided on this page – Practice Areas.