Head Injury LawyerMaryland Heights, MO
The Maryland Heights Personal Injury Lawyers of Burger Law Fight to make sure you get the care and recovery you deserve
Traumatic Head injuries are one of the main causes of disability or death. For this reason, head injuries of any severity should always be taken seriously regardless of whether it's a small bruise or a concussion/contusion. If you or a loved one has been hurt, and a head injury is now affecting your lifestyle, you do have options to make sure you are taken care of.
Burger Law's Personal Injury Lawyers in Maryland Heights are dedicated to fighting for the full and complete rights of their clients who have been harmed and are suffering from brain injuries. Our Head Injury Lawyers take these cases extremely seriously as they understand how debilitating and devastating a traumatic head injury can be to a person's ability to complete ordinary tasks. Our Lawyers in Maryland Heights can make sure you get exactly what you need. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won't require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Head Injuries - Head Injury Lawyer Maryland Heights, MO
Head injuries aren't always outwardly apparent, an individual suffering from a head injury often shows no outward appearance of being injured. However, the effects of a brain injury can last far longer than a broken bone might. Those who are suffering from brain injuries aren't always aware that their functions are being impaired.
To better understand head injuries, lets first detail what the most common types of head injuries are and what the symptoms surrounding those injuries are. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Maryland Heights have successfully fought for head injury claims before, and the head injuries they litigate most commonly are as follows:
- Concussions - This is the most common type of head injury. Any force that causes the head to move in a whiplash-like motion, or any direct force that knocks into the skull can cause the brain to violently impact the inside of the skull. Signs of a concussion are loss of consciousness, disrupted vision, and loss of balance/awareness.
- Fractures - This is a break in the thick skeletal bone. Because of the force required to break the skull bone, these injuries are typically more life-threatening. In most cases, severe brain damage does occur.
- Linear Skull Fractures - This is the basic level of skill fractures. There is a break in the bone structure of the skull, but the broken bone does not move anywhere. This injury will share symptoms with concussions, and it may have further motor function disabilities.
- Depressed Skull Fractures - This head injury is more severe as the skull bone is actually forced down into the brain itself. At this level, severe loss of motor function is possible, as well as extended comas.
- Hematomas - This injury is caused by blood clots on or around the brain which causes the brain to undergo pressure.
- Epidural Hematoma - This hematoma forms between the skull and the dura that protects the brain. This injury is caused by broken or ruptured blood vessels in the brain. In this injury, migraines are very common, as well as loss of consciousness or motor functions.
- Contusion - This type of hematoma is a direct injury to the brain, rather than an outside injury that affects it. This head injury causes bruising and swelling inside of the brain. This injury is typically caused by trauma, but can also be related to other health reasons.
Head Injuries should always be taken seriously, get you or your loved one medical care immediately. If you don't get care, you could seriously alter your life and your ability to do basic functions. You can sue the person who caused your traumatic brain injury. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Maryland Heights can help you get the recovery and compensation you are owed for your injury.
Symptoms of Head Injuries - Head Injury Attorney in Maryland Heights
Knowing if a person is suffering from or being affected by a brain injury isn't always simple. Your skull is thick and is designed to protect your brain from blunt force trauma, but even the skull has its limits and can't protect the brain in all cases. Your brain can still suffer serious trauma even if your skull isn't compromised . Our Head Injury Lawyers in Maryland Heights recommend you look for these symptoms when trying to determine if someone is suffering from a brain injury:
- Sensitivity to Noise or Light - An unusual sensitivity to sound or lights that appear painful and bright can be a sign of brain damage.
- Abnormally Pale Skin - Skin that appears unusually pale can be a sign that brain damage has occured.
- Severe Constant Headache - Headaches that are severe and persistent are a sign of brain damage.
- Blurred Vision - When head trauma is significant, blurred vision is often a symptom that is exhibited early.
- Balance Issues - If the person could walk normally before, and now has difficulty balancing or walking, this is a sign of brain damage.
- Abnormal Sweating - Sweating during unusual circumstances can be a sign of brain damage.
- Sensitive to Irritability - If someone is irritable after a brain injury, and before they didn't exhibit this type of attitude, it can be a sign of brain damage.
Brain injuries need to be seen to and receive medical treatment as soon as possible. Quick and effective medical attention can typically have extremely positive effects on a brain injury. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Maryland Heights can make sure that you or your loved one get the full care and recovery you need. Our Lawyers have litigated head injury claims before and know the levels of care and medical attention that are required to ensure that you heal from the injury.
Head Injury Lawyer Maryland Heights, MO - Call our Team Now
You deserve to get 100% of the recovery and compensation you are owed. Remember, you didn't ask to be injured, you didn't ask to have your life changed, and you didn't ask to have medical bills or lose work and lose wages. If you or someone you love who's been hurt needs a Personal Injury Lawyer in Maryland Heights who has experience with head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, or other types of head-related injuries, we can help. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won't require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Burger Law Legal Services
If you need help with a claim other than head injuries, our Personal Injury Lawyers in Maryland Heights can still provide you with exceptional legal counsel and guidance. For more information on our services, please see the list provided on this page - Practice Areas.