Head Injury LawyerMaryville, IL
The Maryville Personal Injury Lawyers of Burger Law Fight to make sure you get the care and recovery you deserve
Head injuries that are severe in nature are one of the most common sources of disability or death. For this reason, head injuries of any severity should always be taken seriously regardless of whether it’s a small bruise or a concussion/contusion. If you or a loved one has been hurt, and a head injury is now affecting your lifestyle, you do have options to make sure you are taken care of.
Burger Law’s Personal Injury Lawyers in Maryville are dedicated to fighting for the full and complete rights of their clients who have been harmed and are suffering from brain injuries. Our Head Injury Lawyers know how terrible head injuries are and how debilitating they can be to the injured’s everyday functions. Our Attorneys in Maryville will fight for your full recovery and care. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won’t require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Head Injuries – Head Injury Lawyer Maryville, IL
Head injuries aren’t always outwardly apparent, an individual suffering from a head injury often shows no outward appearance of being injured. However, the effects of a brain injury can last far longer than a broken bone might. Often, those who are suffering from traumatic brain injuries also aren’t aware that their other functions are also being impaired by the injury.
To better understand head injuries, lets first detail what the most common types of head injuries are and what the symptoms surrounding those injuries are. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Maryville have successfully fought for head injury claims before, and the head injuries they litigate most commonly are as follows:
- Concussions – This injury type is typically seen in sports and auto accidents. This can be caused by force directly to the head, or by the head being violently shaken or pulled in a direction. Signs of a concussion are loss of consciousness, disrupted vision, and loss of balance/awareness.
- Fractures – This happens when the skull breaks under force. This type of head injury can be more severe because more force is required to break the thick skull bone. In most cases, severe brain damage does occur.
- Linear Skull Fractures – This is the most common type of skull fracture. There is a break in the bone structure of the skull, but the broken bone does not move anywhere. This injury will share symptoms with concussions, and it may have further motor function disabilities.
- Depressed Skull Fractures – This is one of the more traumatic brain injuries as the brain itself is subject to damage. At this level, severe loss of motor function is possible, as well as extended comas.
- Hematomas – This injury is caused by blood clots on or around the brain which causes the brain to undergo pressure.
- Epidural Hematoma – This forms between the skull bone and the brain. This type of hematoma can form when blood vessels burst in the brain. In this injury, migraines are very common, as well as loss of consciousness or motor functions.
- Contusion – This type of hematoma is a direct injury to the brain, rather than an outside injury that affects it. This head injury causes bruising and swelling inside of the brain. This injury is typically caused by trauma, but can also be related to other health reasons.
Head Injuries should always be taken seriously, seek care immediately. Your life can be seriously damaged by a head injury. If someone caused your injury, you can sue them to get the care you need and deserve. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Maryville can help you get the recovery and compensation you are owed for your injury.
Symptoms of Head Injuries – Head Injury Attorney in Maryville
Knowing if a person is suffering from or being affected by a brain injury isn’t always simple. The skull is a strong, thick bone, but the brain underneath can be damaged even if the skull isn’t damaged. Your brain can still suffer serious trauma even if your skull isn’t compromised . Here are several outwardly exhibited symptoms our Head Injury Lawyers in Maryville have identified that can help you notice if someone is suffering from brain damage:
- Sensitivity to Noise or Light – Abnormal sensitivity to light or noise is a sign that someone is suffering from head trauma.
- Abnormally Pale Skin – If a person looks abnormally pale after an injury, this can be an indicator of brain damage.
- Severe Constant Headache – Headaches that are severe and persistent are a sign of brain damage.
- Blurred Vision – If the person has difficulty seeing where before they did not, this can be a clear sign of brain damage.
- Balance Issues – When someone had difficulty walking, and they aren’t suffering from leg or back issues, this can be a sign that they are suffering from traumatic brain damage.
- Abnormal Sweating – When the brain is damaged, the body has several signs to show that trauma has taken place. Abnormal sweating is a clear sign of potential brain damage.
- Sensitive to Irritability – If someone is irritable after a brain injury, and before they didn’t exhibit this type of attitude, it can be a sign of brain damage.
Brain injuries need to be seen to and receive medical treatment as soon as possible. Always, always get medical attention for a head injury as quickly as you can. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Maryville can make sure that you or your loved one get the full care and recovery you need. Our Lawyers have litigated head injury claims before and know the levels of care and medical attention that are required to ensure that you heal from the injury.
Head Injury Lawyer Maryville, IL – Call our Team Now
You are entitled to and deserve a full recovery and full compensation for your losses. Remember, you didn’t ask to be injured, you didn’t ask to have your life changed, and you didn’t ask to have medical bills or lose work and lose wages. If you or someone you love who’s been hurt needs a Personal Injury Lawyer in Maryville who has experience with head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, or other types of head-related injuries, we can help. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won’t require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Burger Law Legal Services
If you need help with a claim other than head injuries, our Personal Injury Lawyers in Maryville can still provide you with exceptional legal counsel and guidance. For more information on our services, please see the list provided on this page – Practice Areas.