Head Injury LawyerO’Fallon, IL
The O’Fallon Personal Injury Lawyers of Burger Law Fight to make sure you get the care and recovery you deserve
Head injuries are almost always traumatic, in fact, they are one of the most common causes of disability or death. Regardless of whether or not you believe the injury to be severe or minor, you should always consult a medical professional to make sure that you or a loved one is ok. If you or a loved one has been hurt, and a head injury is now affecting your lifestyle, you do have options to make sure you are taken care of.
Burger Law’s Personal Injury Lawyers in O’Fallon fight for the full rights and recoveries of those who are suffering because of head injuries. Our Head Injury Lawyers understand how severe head injuries can be and litigate these cases with the respect and intensity they deserve. Our Attorneys in O’Fallon will fight for your full recovery and care. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won’t require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Head Injuries – Head Injury Lawyer O’Fallon, IL
Head injuries aren’t always outwardly apparent, an individual suffering from a head injury often shows no outward appearance of being injured. However, the effects of a brain injury can last far longer than a broken bone might. People with traumatic head injuries often do not realize they have them and may struggle with tasks they once considered routine after symptoms surface.
To get a clear understanding of head injuries and their associated symptoms, let’s take a look at a wide range of traumatic brain injuries. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in O’Fallon are well versed in litigating head injuries, and the head injuries they litigate most commonly are as follows:
- Concussions – This is the most common type of head injury. This can be caused by force directly to the head, or by the head being violently shaken or pulled in a direction. This can cause loss of awareness, loss of consciousness, as well as alertness and ability to function for hours after the accident.
- Fractures – Skull fractures are a break in the skeletal structure of the skull. Because of the force required to break the skull bone, these injuries are typically more life-threatening. In most cases, severe brain damage does occur.
- Linear Skull Fractures – This is the basic level of skill fractures. There is a broken area in the skull, but the bone is still in the spot it should be. Typically, little intervention is needed to correct this injury.
- Depressed Skull Fractures – This is one of the more traumatic brain injuries as the brain itself is subject to damage. At this level, severe loss of motor function is possible, as well as extended comas.
- Hematomas – These injuries cause undue pressure on the brain which happens after clots form on or around the brain.
- Epidural Hematoma – This hematoma forms between the skull and the dura that protects the brain. This type of hematoma can form when blood vessels burst in the brain. In this injury, migraines are very common, as well as loss of consciousness or motor functions.
- Contusion – This type of hematoma is a direct injury to the brain, rather than an outside injury that affects it. This head injury causes bruising and swelling inside of the brain. This injury is typically caused by trauma, but can also be related to other health reasons.
Head Injuries should always be taken seriously, and you should always seek care after any head injury. Your life can be seriously damaged by a head injury. You may be able to sue the person responsible for your injury. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in O’Fallon can help you get the recovery and compensation you are owed for your injury.
Symptoms of Head Injuries – Head Injury Attorney in O’Fallon
Knowing how to detect when someone is suffering from a traumatic brain injury isn’t always simple. The skull is a strong, thick bone, but the brain underneath can be damaged even if the skull isn’t damaged. Your brain can still suffer serious trauma even if your skull isn’t compromised . Our Head Injury Lawyers in O’Fallon recommend you look for these symptoms when trying to determine if someone is suffering from a brain injury:
- Sensitivity to Noise or Light – An unusual sensitivity to sound or lights that appear painful and bright can be a sign of brain damage.
- Abnormally Pale Skin – Abnormally pale skin can be a sign that the bodies regulatory functions are being affected or that the brain which governs these functions is damaged.
- Severe Constant Headache – Constant headaches are a sign of increased pressure or damage to the brain.
- Blurred Vision – When head trauma is significant, blurred vision is often a symptom that is exhibited early.
- Balance Issues – Balance issues or difficulty walking can be a sign of brain damage.
- Abnormal Sweating – Abnormal sweating in conditions that normally wouldn’t cause sweating can be a sign of brain trauma.
- Sensitive to Irritability – If someone is irritable after a brain injury, and before they didn’t exhibit this type of attitude, it can be a sign of brain damage.
It’s important to notice the signs of brain damage as soon as possible. With the brain, having the injury seen to and corrected as quickly as possible is paramount to ensuring that no further damage happens. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in O’Fallon can make sure that you or your loved one get the full care and recovery you need. Our Lawyers have litigated head injury claims before and know the levels of care and medical attention that are required to ensure that you heal from the injury.
Head Injury Lawyer O’Fallon, IL – Call our Team Now
You deserve to recover from your injuries, and you deserve to get the full recovery you are owed, whether it’s physical rehabilitation, medical needs, or financial awards that you can receive because of the injury. You neither asked for nor wanted to be injured, and you shouldn’t have to ask to get what you are owed by law. If you or someone you love who’s been hurt needs a Personal Injury Lawyer in O’Fallon who has experience with head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, or other types of head-related injuries, we can help. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won’t require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Burger Law Legal Services
If you need help with a claim other than head injuries, our Personal Injury Lawyers in O’Fallon can still provide you with exceptional legal counsel and guidance. For more information on our services, please see the list provided on this page – Practice Areas.