Head Injury LawyerSikeston, IL
The Sikeston Personal Injury Lawyers of Burger Law Fight to make sure you get the care and recovery you deserve
Severe head injuries often lead to disability or death. Even if the head injury doesn't seem severe, you should still see a doctor to make sure. When you're hurt and suffering from debilitating injuries, you need professional help to make sure you get 100% of what you need.
Burger Law's Personal Injury Lawyers in Sikeston fight for the full rights and recoveries of those who are suffering because of head injuries. Our Head Injury Lawyers take these cases extremely seriously as they understand how debilitating and devastating a traumatic head injury can be to a person's ability to complete ordinary tasks. Our Lawyers in Sikeston can make sure you get exactly what you need. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won't require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Head Injuries - Head Injury Lawyer Sikeston, IL
Head Injuries can be hard to notice, and a person with a head injury often shows no outward appearance of being injured. Brain injuries, however, can have lasting consequences whereas broken bones can heal. People with traumatic head injuries often do not realize they have them and may struggle with tasks they once considered routine after symptoms surface.
So what are the common types of head injuries, and what are the symptoms associated with that injury? Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Sikeston have taken on and successfully fought head injuries in a wide variety of claims, and the head injuries they litigate most commonly are as follows:
- Concussions - This is the most common type of head injury. Any force that causes the head to move in a whiplash-like motion, or any direct force that knocks into the skull can cause the brain to violently impact the inside of the skull. This can cause loss of awareness, loss of consciousness, as well as alertness and ability to function for hours after the accident.
- Fractures - Skull fractures are a break in the skeletal structure of the skull. Because of the force required to break the skull bone, these injuries are typically more life-threatening. In most cases, severe brain damage does occur.
- Linear Skull Fractures - This is the most common type of skull fracture. There is a break in the bone structure of the skull, but the broken bone does not move anywhere. Typically, little intervention is needed to correct this injury.
- Depressed Skull Fractures - In this case, the brain can be damaged by the bone and force of the accident. At this level, severe loss of motor function is possible, as well as extended comas.
- Hematomas - This injury is caused by blood clots on or around the brain which causes the brain to undergo pressure.
- Epidural Hematoma - This hematoma forms between the skull and the dura that protects the brain. This type of hematoma can form when blood vessels burst in the brain. In this injury, migraines are very common, as well as loss of consciousness or motor functions.
- Contusion - This is a direct injury to the brain. For this injury, major loss of motor function is common, as well as severe migraines and loss of consciousness.
Head Injuries should always be taken seriously, and you should always seek care after any head injury. If you don't get care, you could seriously alter your life and your ability to do basic functions. You may be able to sue the person responsible for your injury. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Sikeston can help you get the recovery and compensation you are owed for your injury.
Symptoms of Head Injuries - Head Injury Attorney in Sikeston
Knowing how to detect when someone is suffering from a traumatic brain injury isn't always simple. The skull is a strong, thick bone, but the brain underneath can be damaged even if the skull isn't damaged. This can mean that bleeding, swelling, bruising, or even worse injuries can have occurred and be affecting you or your loved one without any outward signs of physical injury. Here are several common symptoms our Head Injury Lawyers in Sikeston have identified that you should be aware of following any traumatic head injury or traumatic brain injury:
- Sensitivity to Noise or Light - An unusual sensitivity to sound or lights that appear painful and bright can be a sign of brain damage.
- Abnormally Pale Skin - If a person looks abnormally pale after an injury, this can be an indicator of brain damage.
- Severe Constant Headache - Severe Migraines or constant headaches can be signs of brain damage.
- Blurred Vision - Persistant blurred vision is a clear sign of brain trauma.
- Balance Issues - Balance issues or difficulty walking can be a sign of brain damage.
- Abnormal Sweating - When the brain is damaged, the body has several signs to show that trauma has taken place. Abnormal sweating is a clear sign of potential brain damage.
- Sensitive to Irritability - A change in behavior, such as unusual irritability can be a sign of underlying brain damage.
Noticing brain issues as soon as they start can help reduce damage and other issues that could arise later. Quick and effective medical attention can typically have extremely positive effects on a brain injury. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Sikeston can make sure that you or your loved one get the full care and recovery you need. Our Lawyers have litigated head injury claims before and know the levels of care and medical attention that are required to ensure that you heal from the injury.
Head Injury Lawyer Sikeston, IL - Call our Team Now
You deserve to recover, you deserve to heal, and you deserve to be compensated for your losses. Remember, you didn't ask to be injured, you didn't ask to have your life changed, and you didn't ask to have medical bills or lose work and lose wages. If you or someone you love who's been hurt needs a Personal Injury Lawyer in Sikeston who has experience with head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, or other types of head-related injuries, we can help. Give our team a call at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222. We never charge any fees for our consultations and our Personal Injury Lawyers won't require any fees unless we win your head injury claim.
Burger Law Legal Services
If you need help with a claim other than head injuries, our Personal Injury Lawyers in Sikeston can still provide you with exceptional legal counsel and guidance. For more information on our services, please see the list provided on this page - Practice Areas.