How to Chose a Law Firm Portageville, MO
How To Choose a Law Firm Portageville, MO. When you believe that you or someone in your family has a personal injury or wrongful death claim, one of the first things you need to do is hire an attorney. Your choice of a lawyer and law firm in Portageville, MO to represent you in any legal proceeding is a significant decision. Your future, in large part, rests in their hands and depends on their skills and commitment to your case. There are many personal injury law firms to choose from in the Portageville, MO area, so how do you know the right decision to make? If you or someone you know has a personal injury claim and need to find a knowledgeable and accomplished personal injury law firm in Portageville, MO to represent you, contact Burger Law right away. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm near Portageville, MO. Our skilled attorneys hold numerous industry-recognized awards and together have over 70 years of combined experience litigating and, when necessary, trying cases. Our talented lawyers and amazing staff of our personal injury law firm serving Portageville, MO have assisted the injured in Missouri and Illinois collect more than $170 million to make them whole again. We fight to get you complete compensation. We do not stop just because the defendant offers an acceptable settlement. We continue to negotiate for the best possible settlement and go so far as to reduce your medical liens as much as possible to allow you to keep the compensation you deserve. To choose the Burger Law personal injury law firm and have us begin fighting for you today, contact us now at or reach us online. Our skilled personal injury lawyers near Portageville, MO will speak with you about your case for free.
As a leading Missouri and Illinois law firm, Burger Law proudly serves Portageville, MO. Our promise to you is to offer you top quality legal representation from the beginning of your claim until you get the compensation you deserve. As your law firm, we personally handle every detail of your case and keep you apprised of the exact status of your case and your options as they arise. Our Portageville, MO law firm's experienced lawyers and professional legal staff rigorously fight for you and your family until you see the best possible outcome. Throughout your case, we provide steadfast support and carefully weighed guidance to protect you from the stress and uncertainty of filing a personal injury claim. We are here for you and will begin fighting for you immediately. To answer any questions you have and to better understand the claims process have cultivate an arsenal of easy-to-use resources such as our very own Youtube channel, Lawyer V. Lawyer podcast, free books written by attorney Gary Burger and many other free resources. Understand your options in your personal injury case and select the law firm that is right for you today.
Choosing a Personal Injury Law Firm in Portageville, MO
In any legal situation, hiring a law firm is one of the most important things you will do. If you have a personal injury claim, you are likely unfamiliar with the civil suit process and have many questions, not the least of which is how to choose a law firm in Portageville, MO to handle your case. As a personal injury claimant who has been wronged, you deserve to choose a law firm near Portageville, MO that is not only qualified to provide legal representation and counsel in Missouri or Illinois courts, but is also committed to offering guidance throughout the process and will continue to fight as long and as hard as is necessary to help you get a complete recovery.
We know that choosing a law firm in Portageville, MO is a difficult decision and one that should not be a a rash one. You have innumerable personal injury law firms to choose from in Portageville, MO. As one of those firms, we are dedicated to helping all Portageville, MO residents and people throughout Missouri and Illinois who have been negatively affected by injuries caused by negligence—not only those who choose to hire us as their law firm—access quality legal help and important information about the claims process. We want you to choose a law firm near Portageville, MO that is right for you and your needs. That is why we have made accessible many resources directiong personal injury claimaints on the process from choosing a lawyer to making a claim to accepting a settlement. If you have a personal injury claim, begin your case by choosing a law firm near Portageville, MO that is right for you.
Still Have Questions? Get A Free Book Today
Gary Burger and the lawyers of Burger Law have continue to provide resources to the public to help individuals in their personal injury cases. Find answers to many common questions and vital information for your specific type of personal injury case throughout our site and in our free books.
Written by our Principle Founder injury lawyer Gary Burger, Burger Law has published several books to help you in your injury claim. View the book that covers the questions you must ask in the process of hiring a lawyer for your claim, download it below, or see all of our books available to you for free.
Workers' Compensation in Missouri
When you are hurt on the job, collect the workers' compensation benefits you need with guidance from our accomplished workers' compensation attorneys in St. Louis.
Things You Need To Do
When trying to choose a law firm in Portageville, MO for your personal injury needs, there are a few things you need to do in order to get all pertinent information and make a careful decision based on an accurate picture of each firm you are thinking of hiring. If you are unfamiliar with how to choose a law firm inPortageville, MO for your legal needs, take full advantage of the information available to you and act quickly. The sooner you hire a law firm, the sooner they can begin working for you and toward winning your case. To choose a law firm in Portageville, MO, you should conduct research, request a case review and ask questions. Doing these things will give you the information you need to choose a law firm in Portageville, MO that is a good fit for you.
- Research. With access to the Internet, you have an endless spring of information to tap into. Do your homework on the Portageville, MO law firm you are considering. On the law firm's website and various legal directories, you can often find information about the law firm and its lawyers' qualifications, accolades and credentials, cases they have won, their news and press coverage and more. Another great way to research and understand how the law firm works with its clients is to look into their client testimonials, reviews and referrals from fellow Portageville, MO area law firms. Your research will uncover valuable information about the qualifications and legal educations of the lawyers at the firm, the types of cases the law firm takes and the law firm's reputation in the Portageville, MO legal community. When you need to choose a law firm in Portageville, MO, all this information is essential.
- Request a free consultation. The Portageville, MOlaw firm you are speaking with may offer you a free initial consultation or case review to allow you to better understand your legal situation and to get some insight into working with that firm, should you choose to hire that law firm. You should take advantage of this unique opportunity to get a glance into what working with that law firm would be like. Regardless of the Portageville, MO law firm you choose in the end, taking advantage of a consultation up front will provide you with valuable information regardingyour case such as whether you have a valid claim, what to expect from the suit process and what outcomes may be likely. The consultation is also the perfect time to ask the Portageville, MO law firm to explain all the services they provide you as their client.
- Ask questions. It is so important to ask questions before you hire or choose a law firm for your case. Your Portageville, MO law firm should be a team of legal experts who can easily offer you answers to your technical and legal questions about your situation and your case. Ask questions that confirm whether the law firm you choose and its team have the legal skill, practical experience and comprehensive knowledge to confidently answer your legal questions. Beyond legal skill, you deserve a dedicated and personally-invested lawyer who is open and honest about their credentials, experience and how they will help you win your case. Ask lawyers the value the firm brings to your case, what experience they have had with cases similar to yours, when and how much they charge and more. When you hire a law firm in Portageville, MO, you should be able to make an informed choice with clear expectations before you commit. Attorney Gary Burger offers a free book with vital information for anybody who needs to choose a law firm in Portageville, MO, including a list of the major questions you must ask before you hire a lawyer. You can read that book here.
Questions You Should Ask
When you or your family find yourselves need a personal injury lawyer for the first time, you might not know how to choose a law firm. The biggest favor you can do yourself is to ask questions before you choose a law firm. Start out by asking these important questions:
As a client of your firm, who will be working on my personal injury claim? Will it be a partner, a new associate, or someone outside of the firm?
When you hire Burger Law, your entire case will be handled by one of our skilled personal injury attorneys with many years of experience, such as Gary Burger. Your designated lawyer and our team of paralegals will personally handle every single part of your case. If your needs do not fall under our practice areas, we will happily send you to a Portageville, MO lawyer or law firm that we are confident will provide the best legal representation for your particular case.
Has my lawyer worked on cases like mine before?
At Burger Law, we are extensively familiar with all types of personal injury cases. We are not just familiar with them; we habitually win these cases. Personal injury is our area of expertise. We are not like other firms that do a little bit of everything, from criminal defense to workers' compensation to family law. We dedicate all of our time to car accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, and other personal injury claims. Together, our lawyers have more than 50 years of combined experience and will fight fearlessly to get you a complete recovery.
Does the law firm have the resources to handle my case?
At Burger Law we finance our own cases and never ask our clients for money to pursue their cases. We never take a case unless we are willing to invest in it. If we do represent you and your family, we have the means and will use all the resources needed to win. We even have an extensive roladex of various experts all over the country who are available to assist us by providing expert testimony that can be used to make your entire personal injury cases. We will go above and beyond to win your case.
Is the law firm all marketing or do they really know how to win a case?
Gary and our other lawyers are in court, depositions, trials and hearings often. We are legally required to say that “the choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on marketing”. We agree with this wholeheartedly. When you choose a law firm in Portageville, MO, what are you basing your decision on? Are you attracted by a expensive billboard or a slick social media ad, or will you do your homework to find an attorney who is experienced and committed, willing to show up in court and do what it takes to be there for you?
Gary and the attorneys of Burger Law win personal injury cases all the time. We file lawsuits and aggressively pursue the insurance companies and defendants until they have no choice but to pay our clients what they are owed for their injuries. We handle personal injury cases ourselves. Gary Burger, Genavieve Fikes or Michael Sheldon will represent you fiercely.
Explore some of Burger Law's case specialties below.
As a Portageville, MO law firm, in addition to representing the injured in personal injury claims, we also support our Portageville, MO community by donating our time and resources to different area charities and initiatives. We are proud to be a part of Portageville, MO and are committed to always better our community.
Characteristics To Consider
When trying to determine how to choose a law firm in Portageville, MO that will best meet your needs and be most effective in getting you the outcome you desire in your case, you should be aware of certain factors that could influence that decision. This careful decision should not be based on an individual factor; rather it should be based on your assessment of many factors of each Portageville, MO law firm weighed against each other. Consider all the facts and characteristics before you make your choice of a law firm. To choose a law firm in Portageville, MO, think about all of the following facts.
You should make a decision based on:
- Practice areas: does the Portageville, MO law firm work on many cases like yours?
- Case results: do they have a history of great success in the cases they represent?
- Testimonials: what do previous clients have to say about working with the law firm?
- Staff: does the firm have a team of professional and helpful paralegals and support staff who will help organize your case and keep you in the loop?
- Awards: has the Portageville, MO law firm earned peer-awarded industry awards and recognition?
- Size of the firm: is it a large firm with multiple locations throughout the country or a single-person operation? There are benefits and drawbacks to small firms and large ones.
- Experience: has the lawyer been to trial, have they litigated a variety of complicated cases, and have they been in practice for at least a few years?
- Location: is the firm's office located conviently or is the lawyer able to come to you?
- Communication: is the staff prompt in their communication with you? Do they communicate with you often and in a way that is helpful and organized?
How to Chose a Law Firm Portageville, MO | Hire a Law Firm Now
After youhave been injured in Portageville, MO and have a personal injury case, you have only a short amount of time to make a suit and request your financial recovery in court. Any time you or your loved one has been seriously injured or there are disputes about who is at fault, you absolutely must hire an experienced Portageville, MO personal injury law firm to represent you and help you get a complete recovery. With your entire recovery on the line, it is paramount that you choose a law firm in Portageville, MO that can and will demand full compensation for you and your family. Choose a law firm in Portageville, MO that has the legal ability to secure maximum compensation in your case as well as the personal commitment to offer you meaningful support you throughout the process. The Burger Law personal injury law firm near Portageville, MO will fight until we get you a full recovery and hold the negligent party accountable. We have taken up a mission to stand up against the negligent and their insurance companies and are passionate about helping improve the lives of individuals and families who have been affected by injuries in Portageville, MO and throughout Missouri and Illinois. We will provide you with the fierce and compassionate representation you deserve from your Portageville, MO law firm. Speak to one of our experienced personal injury lawyers in Portageville, MO about your case now and we will start working for you. Call us immediately at or message us here. Our personal injury attorneys will fight for you and help you recover the compensation you are owed.