How to Chose a Law Firm Springfield, IL
How To Choose a Law Firm Springfield, IL. If you or someone you love has been injured in a personal injury or wrongful death case, hiring an attorney should be one of your top priorities. Choosing a lawyer and law firm in Springfield, IL to take on any legal case you face is an important decision. A large part of your future depends upon the skill and dedication of the firm you choose. There are many personal injury law firms to choose from in the Springfield, IL area, so how do you know if you are making the right decision? If you or someone you know has a personal injury claim and need a skilled, experienced personal injury lawyer with a reputable law firm in Springfield, IL to represent you, contact Burger Law immediately. Our law firm is a top personal injury firm in Springfield, IL. Our distinguished attorneys have earned a number of industry-recognized awards and hold more than 70 years of combined negotiating settlements and going to trial when necessary. Together with our excellent legal support staff, the lawyers of our Springfield, IL personal injury law firm have made it possible for people affected by injuries in Missouri and Illinois receive more than $170 million to make them whole again. We demand to get you complete compensation. We do not cease our work at the first reasonable settlement offer. We continue to work hard for you, carefully negotiating the highest settlement and even working to reduce or eliminate your medical liens so you can hold onto the compensation you deserve. To choose the Burger Law personal injury law firm and have us begin fighting for you today, contact us now at or reach us online. Our talented Springfield, IL personal injury lawyers are here to discuss your case for free.
Burger Law is a Missouri and Illinois law firm serving Springfield, IL. We are dedicated to providing top quality legal representation from the beginning of your claim until you get the compensation you deserve. As your law firm, we handle every aspect of your case and communicate with you often you informed of the exact status of your case and your options as they arise. Our Springfield, IL law firm's experienced lawyers and compassionate legal staff are here to fight relentlessly until we secure the case outcome you desire and provide stability and sound advice to protect you from the stress and anxiety that can come from filing a personal injury claim. We balance our calming presence with fierce and tenacious litigation of your case. We know this is an unfamiliar process, and produced a vast library of free resources such as our very own Youtube channel, Lawyer V. Lawyer podcast, free books written by attorney Gary Burger and many other free resources. Learn about your options in your personal injury case and select the right law firm for you today.
Choosing a Personal Injury Law Firm in Springfield, IL
In any legal situation, hiring a law firm is one of the most important things you will do. As someone affected by an injury or a death caused by negligence, it is typical to face many questions, not the least of which is how to choose a law firm in Springfield, IL to handle your case. As a personal injury claimant who has been wronged, you deserve to choose a law firm near Springfield, IL that will not only provide adequate legal representation and counsel in Missouri or Illinois courts, but is also committed to offering guidance throughout the process and will continue to fight as long and as hard as is necessary to help you get a complete recovery.
We recognize that choosing a law firm in Springfield, IL is a significant decision and one that should not be made lightly. You have innumerable personal injury law firms to choose from in Springfield, IL. As one of those firms, we are dedicated to helping all individuals and families affected by negligence-related injuries in Springfield, IL, and throughout Missouri and Illinois—not only those who choose to hire us as their law firm—connect with great legal help and important information pertaining to the claims process. You should choose a law firm near Springfield, IL that is right for you and your needs. That is why we have put together resources guiding people with personal injury claims on everything from choosing a lawyer to making a claim to accepting a settlement. Begin your personal injury claim by choosing a law firm near Springfield, IL that is right for you.
Still Have Questions? Download A Free Book Today
Gary Burger and the lawyers of Burger Law have made it a priority to give the public the resources and information they need to make decisions in their personal injury cases. Get answers to many common questions and valuable information for your specific type of personal injury case throughout our site and in our free books.
Authored by our Principle Founder injury lawyer Gary Burger, Burger Law has published several books to help plaintiffs in their injury cases. Read the book that discusses the questions you must ask in the process of hiring a lawyer for your claim, download it below, or view all of our books available for free download.
Workers' Compensation in Missouri
When you are hurt on the job, collect the workers' compensation benefits you need with guidance from our accomplished workers' compensation attorneys in St. Louis.
Actions You Should Take
When trying to choose a law firm in Springfield, IL for your personal injury needs, you must make sure you collect all pertinent information and weigh your decision based on a complete picture of each firm you are thinking of hiring. If you are unfamiliar with how to choose a law firm inSpringfield, IL for your legal needs, take full advantage of the information available to you and do not waste any time. The sooner you hire a law firm, the sooner they can begin working for you and toward winning your case. When you need to choose a law firm in Springfield, IL, you should do your homework, request a case review and ask questions. Doing these things will give you the information you need to choose a law firm in Springfield, IL that meets your needs.
- Research. With the Internet at your fingertips, you have an endless spring of information to tap into. Research the Springfield, IL law firm you are considering. On the law firm's website and various legal directories, you can often find information about the law firm and its lawyers' qualifications, awards and credentials, case results they have obtained, their news and press coverage and more. Another great way to research and understand how the law firm works with its clients is to look into their client testimonials, reviews and referrals from fellow Springfield, IL area law firms. Your research will uncover valuable information about the lawyers' education and qualifications, the practice areas of focus for the law firm and the law firm's reputation in the Springfield, IL legal community. This information is invaluable when you need to choose a law firm in Springfield, IL.
- Ask for a free consultation. Many Springfield, IL law firms have the option of a free consultation as a prospective client to allow you to better understand your legal situation and to get an idea of what working with that firm is like, should you choose to hire that law firm. This is an excellent opportunity to get a peak into how the law firm works before you hire them. Regardless of the Springfield, IL law firm you choose in the end, making use of an initial consultation will give you valuable information about your legal situation such as whether you have a valid claim, what to expect from the suit process and what you can expect as a result. The consultation is also the perfect time to ask the Springfield, IL law firm everything they will do for you as their client.
- Ask questions. It is so important to ask questions before you commit to or choose a law firm for your case. Your Springfield, IL law firm should be a team of legal experts who can easily offer you answers to your technical and legal questions about your situation and your case. Make sure the law firm you choose and its professional staff have the technical knowledge and practical experience to confidently answer your legal questions. Beyond legal skill, you deserve a dedicated and personally-invested lawyer who is willing to freely and honestly answer any questions you have about their credentials, experience and what they can do to help you. Ask questions about the value the firm brings to your case, the cases they have worked on that are similar to yours, what fees they charge and more. You deserve to know what you are getting when you hire a law firm in Springfield, IL to represent you. Attorney Gary Burger written and published a free book with vital advice for anybody who needs to choose a law firm in Springfield, IL, including a list of what questions you should ask before you hire a lawyer. See that book here.
Questions You Should Ask
If you or your family need to retain a lawyer for a personal injury case, you might not know how to choose a law firm. The smartest thing you can do is ask questions before you choose a law firm. Start out by asking these important questions:
When I hire you, who will handle my personal injury claim—a firm partner, an inexperienced or junior-level lawyer, or someone else?
When you hire Burger Law, your entire case will be handled by one of our skilled personal injury attorneys with many years of experience, such as Gary Burger. Your designated lawyer and our team of paralegals will be responsible for every single part of your case. If your case is one we do not typically handle, we will happily send you to a Springfield, IL lawyer or law firm that we personally trust to take your particular case.
Has my lawyer had experience in these cases?
At Burger Law, we routinely handle personal injury cases. More importantly, we know what it takes to win these cases. Personal injury is our area of expertise. We are not like other firms that do a little bit of everything, from criminal defense to workers' compensation to divorce. We have committed our entire firm to car accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, and other personal injury claims. We have over half a century of professional experience and will fight fearlessly to get you a complete recovery.
Does the law firm have the means to fight for my case?
Burger Law will never ask a client to pay us until we win your case; we finance the case ourselves. We will not take a case we are uncomfortable financing. If we do represent you and your family, we are well funded and will use all the resources needed to win. We even have a vast network of experts across the country who are able to help us by providing expert testimony which is often crucial in winning personal injury cases. We will go the extra mile to win your case.
Is the law firm all marketing or do their attorneys really go to court?
Gary and our other lawyers are in court, depositions, trials and hearings routinely. In every advertisement, we are required to state that “the choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on marketing”. We agree with this wholeheartedly. When you choose a law firm in Springfield, IL, what are you basing your decision on? Are you attracted by a expensive billboard or a slick social media ad, or do you want an attorney who will actually handle your case personally and be in court for you?
Gary and the attorneys of Burger Law regularly win personal injury cases. We file lawsuits and demand that the insurance companies and negligent clients are held accountable and forced to pay our clients the complete value of their damages. The lawyers of Burger Law personally handle every part of every personal injury case we represent. Gary Burger, Genavieve Fikes or Michael Sheldon will represent you tenaciously.
Explore some of Burger Law's case specialties below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Illinois
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Illinois
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Illinois
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Illinois
- Car Accident Attorney in Illinois
In addition to the personal injury legal services we provide at our Springfield, IL law firm, we get involved in our Springfield, IL community by making contributions and volunteering to different area charities and initiatives. We take pride in Springfield, IL and are committed to always better our community.
Things You Should Think About
When trying to determine how to choose a law firm in Springfield, IL that is best for you to work with and can provide the legal representation you are looking for, you should pay special attention to particular characteristics in that decision. This significant decision should not be made based on a single characteristic; rather you need to carefully consider the whole picture, including all relevant characteristics of the Springfield, IL law firm. Collect all the information available to you and look at the whole picture before you choose a law firm. To choose a law firm in Springfield, IL, consider all of the following factors.
You should act based on:
- Practice areas: does the Springfield, IL law firm typically handle cases like yours?
- Case results: do they have a track record of amazing success in the cases they represent?
- Testimonials: what do recent clients have to say about their experience with the law firm?
- Staff: does the firm have a team of professional and attentive paralegals and support staff who will help organize your case and keep you informed?
- Awards: has the Springfield, IL law firm earned peer-awarded industry awards and recognition?
- Size of the firm: how big is the firm? It is one with multiple locations throughout the country or a single-person practicing on their own? There are benefits and drawbacks to both small and large firms.
- Experience: has the lawyer been to trial, have they litigated a variety of complicated cases, and have they been in practice for several years?
- Location: is the firm's office in a location that is convenient for you or would your lawyer be willing to come to you?
- Communication: is the staff available to answer when you contact them? Are they prompt, polite and organized in their communication with you?
How to Chose a Law Firm Springfield, IL | Hire a Law Firm Now
After youhave been injured in Springfield, IL and have a personal injury case, you have limited time to make your claim and request your financial recovery in court. Any time you or your loved one has been seriously injured or there are disputes about who is at fault, it is essential that you hire an experienced Springfield, IL personal injury law firm to represent you and help you get the compensation you deserve. With your entire recovery in the balance, it is essential that you choose a law firm in Springfield, IL that is capable of and willing to demand full compensation for you and your family. Choose a law firm in Springfield, IL that has the technical skill to secure maximum compensation in your case as well as the personal commitment to offer you meaningful support you throughout the process. The Burger Law personal injury law firm near Springfield, IL will work hards until we win your case. We have taken up a mission to stand up against the negligent and their insurance companies and have dedicated our careers to helping improve the lives of individuals and families who have been injured in Springfield, IL and throughout Missouri and Illinois. We demand justice for you and treat your case with the compassion and dedication you deserve from your Springfield, IL law firm. Discuss your case with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers in Springfield, IL about your case for free today and allow us to begin working for you. Call us now at or send us a message here. Our personal injury attorneys are available and ready to take on your case and help you and your family get the recovery you deserve.