How to Chose a Law Firm St. Louis, MO
How To Choose a Law Firm St. Louis, MO. If you or someone you love has been injured in a personal injury or wrongful death case, you should look for an attorney right away. Your choice of a lawyer and law firm in St. Louis, MO to take on any legal case you face is a major decision. A large part of your future depends upon the skill and dedication of the firm you choose. With so many personal injury law firms to choose from in St. Louis, MO, how do you know which firm is right for you? If you have been injured by another person's negligence and you need to find a knowledgeable and accomplished personal injury law firm in St. Louis, MO to represent you, reach out to Burger Law immediately. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm near St. Louis, MO. Our accomplished attorneys have earned numerous legal practice awards and hold more than 70 years of combined negotiating settlements and going to trial when necessary. Our talented lawyers and amazing staff of our St. Louis, MO personal injury law firm have helped our Missouri and Illinois clients recover over $170 million in compensation. We demand to get you complete compensation. We do not cease our work at the first reasonable settlement offer. We continue to negotiate for the best possible settlement and go so far as to reduce your medical liens as much as possible to allow you to keep the compensation you deserve. To choose the Burger Law personal injury law firm and have us begin fighting for you today, contact us now at or reach us online. Our skilled St. Louis, MO personal injury lawyers are available for a free case review.
Burger Law is a Missouri and Illinois law firm serving St. Louis, MO. As our client, we offer you thoughtful legal representation to you throughout your entire claim process. We personally handle every detail of your case and keep you apprised of your options available to you and any news about your case. Our St. Louis, MO law firm's accomplished lawyers and professional legal staff rigorously fight for you and your family until you see the best possible outcome. Throughout your case, we offer stability and carefully weighed guidance during the stress and anxiety of filing a personal injury claim. We balance our calming presence with fierce and tenacious litigation of your case. To answer any questions you have and to better understand the claims process offer an arsenal of easy-to-use resources including our very own Youtube channel, Lawyer V. Lawyer podcast, free books written by attorney Gary Burger and many other free resources. Gain insight into what to expect in your personal injury case and select the right law firm for you today.
Choosing a Personal Injury Law Firm in St. Louis, MO
In any legal situation, hiring a law firm is one of the most important things you will do. When you have a personal injury claim, it is typical to face many questions, the first of which is how to choose a law firm in St. Louis, MO to represent you. You need and deserve to choose a law firm near St. Louis, MO that will not only provide adequate legal representation and counsel in Missouri or Illinois courts, but is also committed to offering guidance throughout the process and will continue to do whatever it takes to help you get a complete recovery.
We know that choosing a law firm in St. Louis, MO is a major decision and cannot be a a rash one. You have your choice of countless St. Louis, MO personal injury firms to choose from. Burger Law is dedicated to offering help to all St. Louis, MO residents and people throughout Missouri and Illinois who have been negatively affected by injuries caused by negligence—not just those who choose to hire us as their law firm—find quality legal help and valuable information pertaining to the claims process. You should choose a law firm near St. Louis, MO that is right for you and your needs. That is why we have put together resources directiong people with personal injury claims on the process from hiring a lawyer to making a claim to accepting a settlement. Begin your personal injury claim by choosing a law firm near St. Louis, MO that is right for you.
Have More Questions? Download A Free Book Today
Gary Burger and the Burger Law firm have made it a priority to provide resources to the public to help individuals in their personal injury cases. Get answers to many common questions and important information for all types of personal injury cases throughout our site and in our free books.
Written by our Principle Founder injury lawyer Gary Burger, our law firm has published several books to help you in your injury claim. Read the book that covers the questions you must ask when you are looking to hire a lawyer for your claim, download it below, or view all of our books available to you for free.
Workers' Compensation in Missouri
When you are hurt on the job, collect the workers' compensation benefits you need with guidance from our accomplished workers' compensation attorneys in St. Louis.
What You Need To Do
When you need to choose a law firm in St. Louis, MO for your personal injury needs, there are a few things you need to do in order to get all pertinent information and make a careful decision based on a complete understanding of each firm you are thinking of hiring. If you are unfamiliar with how to choose a law firm inSt. Louis, MO for your legal needs, you should take advantage of the information available to you and do not waste any time. The sooner you hire a law firm, the sooner they can begin working for you and toward winning your case. When you need to choose a law firm in St. Louis, MO, you should research, request a consultation and ask questions. Doing these things will give you the information you need to choose a law firm in St. Louis, MO that is a good fit for you.
- Research. With the Internet at your fingertips, you have an endless spring of information to tap into. Do your research on the St. Louis, MO law firm you are considering. On the law firm's website and various legal directories, you can often find information about the law firm and its lawyers' qualifications, distinctions and credentials, case results they have obtained, their news and press coverage and more. Another great way to research and understand how the law firm works with its clients is to look into their client testimonials, reviews and referrals from fellow law firms in the St. Louis, MO area. You can find information about the qualifications and legal educations of the lawyers at the firm, the practice areas of focus for the law firm and the law firm's reputation in the St. Louis, MO legal community. When you need to choose a law firm in St. Louis, MO, all this information is essential.
- Get a free consultation. Many St. Louis, MO law firms offer you a free consultation as a prospective client to allow you to better understand your legal situation and to get some insight into working with that firm, in the event that you choose to hire that law firm. This is an excellent opportunity to get a peak into how the law firm works before you hire them. Irrespective of the St. Louis, MO law firm you choose in the end, participating in a consultation up front before hiring a lawyer will give you valuable information about your case such as whether you have a valid claim, what to expect from the suit process and what outcomes may be likely. In addition, the consultation is your chance to ask the St. Louis, MO law firm to explain all the services they provide you as their client.
- Ask questions. This is not the time to stay quiet. You must ask questions before you hire or decide to choose a law firm for your case. As legal professionals, your potential St. Louis, MO law firm should be able to answer your upfront legal questions about your situation and your case. Ask questions that confirm whether the law firm you choose and its team have the legal skill, practical experience and comprehensive knowledge to confidently answer your legal questions. In addition, an attentive and personally committed lawyer, which you deserve, should also be able to honestly answer your questions about their credentials, experience and what they can do to help you. Ask questions about the value the firm brings to your case, the cases they have worked on that are similar to yours, what fees they charge and more. You deserve to know what you are getting when you hire a law firm in St. Louis, MO to represent you. Burger Law's Gary Burger offers a free book with very helpful advice for anybody who needs to choose a law firm in St. Louis, MO, including a list of the major questions you should ask before you hire a lawyer. You can read that book here.
Questions You Should Ask
If you or your family need to retain a lawyer for a personal injury case, you may not know how to choose a law firm. One of the best things you can do is ask questions before you choose a law firm. Remember to ask questions like:
As a client of your firm, who will be working on my personal injury claim? Will it be a partner, a new associate, or someone outside of the firm?
When you choose Burger Law, Gary Burger or one of our trusted, experienced St. Louis, MO personal injury attorneys will handle your entire case. Your designated lawyer and our knowledgeable staff will be responsible for your case and every individual action it requires. If your needs do not fall under our practice areas, we will proudly recommend to you a St. Louis, MO lawyer or law firm that we personally trust to take your particular case.
Has my lawyer worked on cases like mine before?
At Burger Law, we are extensively experienced in all personal injury cases. More importantly, we know what it takes to win these cases. In fact, personal injury is all we do. There are some firms that do not have one focus and instead do everything from criminal defense to workers' compensation to divorce. We dedicate all of our time to car accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, and other personal injury claims. Together, our lawyers have more than half a century of professional experience and will work hard to maximize your recovery.
Does the law firm have the resources available to pursue my case?
At Burger Law we finance our own cases and never ask our clients for money to pursue their cases. If we are unwilling to put our money into the case, we will not handle it. If we do represent you and your family, we have the means and will use all the resources needed to win. We even have an expansive network of experts all over the United States who are able to assist us in providing expert testimony which is often crucial in winning personal injury cases. We will go the extra mile to win your case.
Is the law firm all talk or do their attorneys really go to court?
Gary and our other lawyers are in court, depositions, trials and hearings regularly. In every advertisement, we are required to say that “the choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on marketing”. We agree with this wholeheartedly. When you choose a law firm in St. Louis, MO, what are you basing your decision on? Are you enticed by a huge billboard or a flashy social media ad, or have you made sure that you are choosing an attorney who is truly committed to helping you win your case?
Gary and the attorneys of Burger Law win personal injury cases all the time, including the tough ones. We file claims and aggressively pursue the insurance companies and defendants until they have no choice but to pay our clients what they are owed for their injuries. The lawyers of Burger Law personally handle every part of every personal injury case we represent. Gary Burger, Genavieve Fikes or Michael Sheldon will represent you fearlessly.
Explore some of Burger Law's case specialties below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
As a St. Louis, MO law firm, in addition to representing the injured in personal injury claims, we also support our St. Louis, MO community by donating our time and resources to different area charities and initiatives. We take pride in St. Louis, MO and strive to do our part to help our community.
Things You Should Consider
When trying to determine how to choose a law firm in St. Louis, MO that will best meet your needs and be most effective in getting you the outcome you desire in your case, you should pay special attention to particular characteristics in that decision. This consequential decision should not be based on a single characteristic. Instead, it should be based on your assessment of many factors of each St. Louis, MO law firm weighed against each other. Collect all the information available to you and look at the whole picture before you choose a law firm. To choose a law firm in St. Louis, MO, reflect on all of the following factors.
Your decision should be based on:
- Practice areas: does the St. Louis, MO law firm have experience working on cases like yours?
- Case results: do they have a track record of excellent success in the cases they represent?
- Testimonials: what do actual clients have to say about their experience with the law firm?
- Office staff: does the firm have a team of professional and helpful paralegals and other staff who will help organize your case and keep you in the loop?
- Awards: has the St. Louis, MO law firm been recognized as a leader by their peers through industry awards and accolades?
- Firm size: how big is the firm? It is one with locations across the country or a one-person operation? There are benefits and drawbacks to small firms and large ones.
- Experience: does the lawyer you would be working with have experience going to trial and litigating difficult cases? Have they been practicing professionally for several years?
- Location: is the firm's office easy to access or is the lawyer able to come to you?
- Communication: is the staff prompt in their communication with you? Do they communicate with you often and in a way that is helpful and organized?
How to Chose a Law Firm St. Louis, MO | Hire a Law Firm Now
After youhave been injured in St. Louis, MO and have a personal injury case, you have limited time to make a claim and request your financial recovery in court. In any case where there is a serious injury or there is disagreement about who is liable, you absolutely must hire a qualified St. Louis, MO personal injury law firm to represent you and help you get the compensation you deserve. With your entire recovery on the line, it is essential that you choose a law firm in St. Louis, MO that can and will demand full compensation for you and your family. Choose a law firm in St. Louis, MO that has the legal ability to secure maximum compensation in your case and the personal commitment to support you throughout the process. The Burger Law personal injury law firm near St. Louis, MO will fight until we win your case. We stand up against the negligent and their insurance companies and are passionate about improving the lives of individuals and families who have been affected by injuries in St. Louis, MO and throughout Missouri and Illinois. We demand justice for you and treat your case with the compassion and dedication you deserve from your St. Louis, MO law firm. Talk to one of our experienced personal injury lawyers in St. Louis, MO about your case now and we will start working for you. Call us immediately at or send us a message here. Our personal injury attorneys will fight for you and help you and your family get the recovery you deserve.