Medical Malpractice Frequently Asked Questions
They Broke Your Trust. Burger Law Will Make Them Pay.
View More FAQs
Check out the links below for some helpful information from your St. Louis medical malpractice lawyer at Burger Law:
How Can Medical Malpractice Lawyer Help My Case?
How Can St. Louis Medical Malpractice Lawyer Help My Case?
Most people who have experienced medical malpractice are not well-versed in the law, medical details, or how to fight back against a doctor's insurance company. A medical malpractice lawyer can help balance the scales by:
- Investigating your claim.
- Gathering key evidence such as your medical records and an affidavit by a healthcare provider in the same field detailing the merits of your case.
- Determining how your healthcare provider violated the medical standard of care in St. Louis and proving negligence.
- Working with our network of St. Louis medical and economic experts to precisely value your claim.
- Handling all documentation, litigation and negotiation.
- Securing you a great settlement in negotiations.
- Taking the case in front of a St. Louis judge and jury if we have to.
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyer team has over 70 years of combined experience defending the injured in Missouri and holding negligent St. Louis doctors accountable. We care about our clients and aggressively pursue every legal avenue to get them the great financial recovery they deserve. When you hire a Burger Law St. Louis medical malpractice lawyer, our team get to work on your case immediately. Your Burger Law medical malpractice lawyer in St. Louis will keep you informed throughout your case and give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. You should not have to pay because someone else broke the rules; they have to pay you. Call a medical malpractice lawyer now to get justice from the St. Louis doctor or hospital that hurt you.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Medical Malpractice Claims?
What is the Statute of Limitations for Medical Malpractice Claims in St. Louis and Missouri?
If you or a loved one was hurt by a St. Louis doctor's negligence, it is imperative to reach out to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. While most personal injury cases have a statute of limitation of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice claims only have a time limit of two years, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that once you have been injured your medical malpractice lawyer only has two years to investigate your case and file suit. There are three important exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor failed to inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or your loved one was a minor at the time of the malpractice, you have until their 20th birthday.
There is no time to wait. Your Burger Law medical malpractice lawyer in St. Louis gets working on your case right away and does not rest until you have been fully compensated. Delaying could bring complications to your case and could make it difficult for even the best medical malpractice lawyer in St. Louis to prove the full extent of your damages. Call a St. Louis medical malpractice lawyer immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
The only St. Louis law firm you need
Cases We Win
Burger Law's Missouri medical malpractice law firm based in St. Louis has a team of gifted litigators and trial lawyers with more than 70 years of combined experience practicing law and protecting the vulnerable and injured. We will fight to get you maximum compensation in any injury claim in Missouri, including the case types listed here. Click for more information.