They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Arnold, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Arnold, Missouri. If you or someone you care about were injured because a doctor did not give you the proper treatment that you deserved, call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get great results for the injured in Arnold and throughout Missouri.
You do not have to pay because a physician, hospital or other healthcare professional in Arnold, MO disregarded your health. When we search out medical attention, we do so believing that we are placing our well-being — and at times even our lives — in proficient hands. When doctors are negligent and you end up with even worse sickness or injuries as a consequence, trust in the accomplished and savvy Arnold, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to win you justice and a full compensation. Not only are we understanding and dedicated to the injured in Arnold, MO, but we are more aggressive than the majority of law firms in filing litigation and not waiting around for the negligent doctor to take responsibility. Our medical malpractice lawyers want healthcare professionals and their insurance company to realize that we mean business and will accept nothing but maximum compensation. Negligent health care can have horrible, permanent repercussions, and in the most tragic cases can even result in wrongful death.
In our three decades of experience fighting back against bullies and getting the best possible results for the injured, we have gotten our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or someone you care about has been harmed by a negligent doctor in Arnold, MO, get in touch with Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See how much compensation you may be able to collect by using our free personal injury calculator.
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Arnold, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Data from John Hopkins Medicine found that one in ten of all deaths in the United States are due to medical error. Just one percent of doctors account for almost 33 percent of medical malpractice cases. Too often, negligent doctors are allowed to keep practicing without any punishment. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold at-fault doctors accountable, you can be certain the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than a third of medical malpractice lawsuits end with the plaintiff being awarded damages. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was awarded in medical malpractice lawsuits. You need devoted and seasoned Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to make certain you are awarded the full compensation you are owed.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Arnold, MO Can Hold Responsible in Your Case
We frequently immediately think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many parties that may be culpable of medical negligence in your claim. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice suits are often complex; it may not be immediately clear who was responsible, or many people could be liable. The dependable and skilled Arnold, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will conduct a full investigation into your case and ensure that every party that caused you harm is held accountable for their thoughtless behavior.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Arnold, MO
Medical negligence occurs when a healthcare professional breaches the standard of care, which is how a capable doctor in the same field and same geographic location would have care for your health issue. Our Arnold, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that take place in all sorts of ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most common reason for medical malpractice lawsuits that occur in out-of-hospital care. Roughly 12 million Americans are misdiagnosed every year. Diagnosing medical issues early on is critical in realizing the best possible outcome for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or failing to diagnose, can result in a delay to the care you desperately require to become healthier, or can cause improper treatment that exacerbates your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most deadly health conditions, including:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for vascular events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical mistakes are the most frequent medical malpractice case related to in-hospital care. There are a minimum of 4,000 surgical mistakes nationwide each year, and frighteningly, the most common source is performing surgery on an erroneous body part. Other instances can include accidental cuts, anesthesia mistakes, foreign objects like scissors remaining inside the patient, infections or failure to address issues surface after the surgery.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people nationwide die annually owing to medication errors. Examples can include not taking a record of the patient's allergies, giving an incorrect medication, giving an incorrect dosage or failing to recognize interactions with other drugs.
Another instance of medication errors is overprescribing medications. Studies have found that overprescribing is a major contributor to the opioid crisis in the U.S.
Unnecessary medical care costs approximately $210 billion every year. John Hopkins Medicine surveyed 2,106 physicians and learned that physicians themselves believe that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is unnecessary, including:
- 22 percent of prescription medications
- 24.9 percent of medical tests
- 11.1 percent of procedures
- Over a fifth of medical treatment in general
Unneeded treatment can cause surgical errors, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
On average, 6 to 8 out of 1,000 children born in the United States experience a serious birth injury Every year. Not properly monitoring the baby during birth, not properly implementing birthing techniques or not identifying a health problem with the mother during pregnancy are all cases of medical negligence that can cause long-term or permanent health problems.
Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act determined a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to shield and secure their physical, emotional and social well-being. When a nursing home institution or staff disregards those rights and your loved one is consequently injured, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them to blame.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
Everyone has a fundamental right to make decisions for ourselves. When a doctor fails to inform you of risks, or fails to obtain your consent before a procedure, it is a horrible breach of your rights.
At Burger Law, our Arnold, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen it all. We know the traumatic repercussions a healthcare professional's or institution's thoughtlessness can cause, and the anger and grief that comes with learning that your trust was betrayed. We hold careless doctors accountable and deliver our Arnold, MO clients the great compensation they are owed and that they require to move on and fully recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have vast medical knowledge and will be able to pinpoint how your doctor violated the standard of care. Get in touch with our medical malpractice lawyers in Arnold, MO straight away at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Browse the links below to see some of the recent successes Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have gotten for our clients in Arnold, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
How Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Help
Medical malpractice cases are notoriously difficult to win. That is why you need exceptional medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, perseverance and prowess to win you the full financial recovery you know you deserve. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Get working on your claim immediately
- Connect you with trusted and competent doctors to finally get you the medical treatment you are owed
- Conduct a complete investigation, including acquiring medical records, expert testimony and taking depositions of the defendant
- Work alongside our network of Arnold, MO medical experts to determine standard of care in your case, show how the treatment you received was not up to the standard and prove negligence
- Offer empathetic, wise and honest legal direction
- Keep you informed throughout your case so you are not left in the dark and you have all the information you need to make the best decision for your family
- Manage every legal aspect of your case so you can focus on healing
- Work alongside with economic experts to determine exactly how much your claim is worth
- Negotiate with the insurance adjusters to get you a full settlement offer
- Take your case to trial when the insurance company does not want to offer what you are owed in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that the average person in Arnold, MO does not have the resources and legal know-how to stand up to the high-priced defense teams of doctors and large hospitals. That is why our Arnold, MO medical malpractice lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis. We charge no attorneys fees until we get you the maximum financial recovery you are owed. We have pledged our careers to ensuring that the injured and vulnerable in Arnold, MO have access to the highest quality legal advocacy, one that matches and exceeds that of large hospitals. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to get rid of every obstacle standing between you and justice.
Basic Requirements for a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every mistake committed by healthcare institution or physician amounts to malpractice. In order to be awarded compensation for negligent treatment in Arnold, MO, you must prove four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you show that:
- A doctor-patient relationship existed. This amounts to proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is generally very easy to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was violated the standard of care. You need to be able to prove that a competent doctor in the same practice area, in the same geographical location caring for the same health problem, would not have made the same mistake.
- The doctor’s negligence directly caused you injured. This is often difficult to prove, as patients under a doctor’s care are generally already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient damages. Examples include physical pain, impairment, additional medical expenses, or loss of future earning potential.
In Missouri, you will also be required to provide an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your claim, according to Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a legally qualified healthcare provider that states that a) the doctor did not give you the care that a careful healthcare provider would have in the same situation, and b) the negligence contributed to the alleged harm. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a massive network of accomplished and professional medical connections in Arnold and throughout Missouri who will help substantiate your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Receive? | Arnold, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you receive typically falls into two categories: economic damages, which are meant to compensate you for the financial damages you have sustained owing to a physician's negligence; and noneconomic damages, which look to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have impacted your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential if the medical negligence caused a disability that does not allow you to conduct the tasks of your job anymore
- Medical bills, including:
- Follow up appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Medication expenses
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs or needed upgrades to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work around the clock until you get every dollar that you are owed. We know that some injuries are impossible to fully recover from, but we fight to make sure that you get justice.
Malpractice cases diverge from other personal injuries in Missouri in a couple of essential details. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you understand damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239 in an effort to lessen insurance premiums for physicians and hospitals. The bill enforces "damage caps" on how much you can receive in a medical malpractice suit in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those limits are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Arnold, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The damage caps for catastrophic injuries are greater because they affect your ability to carry out daily tasks and to find enjoyment in life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you establish if your injury can be considered catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 defines catastrophic injuries as:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Claim in Arnold, MO?
If you or someone you love were hurt by a doctor's negligence in Arnold, MO, it is crucial to reach out to medical malpractice lawyers straight away. While most personal injury cases have a time limit of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice cases only have a statute of limitations of two years, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that following an injury from medical negligence your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file suit. There are three key exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor neglected to inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or someone you care about was under 18 on the date of the malpractice, you have until their 20th birthday.
There is no time to wait. Reach out to the Burger Law Arnold, MO medical malpractice lawyers straight away. We get started on your case right away and do not let up until you collect full compensation . Delaying could bring difficulties to your case and could make it tough for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to show the full consequences of your damages. Call Burger Law's Arnold, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Arnold, MO
No one deserves to have their life turned upside down because a physician gave them substandard care. Burger Law's Arnold, MO medical malpractice lawyers make up the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in the Region. We fight hard for our clients and work relentlessly to get them the great results they need to move forward with their lives. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last three decades fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let healthcare professionals, large corporations manipulate your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Arnold, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.