They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Bethany, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Bethany, Missouri. If you or a loved one were hurt because a physician did not offer you the competent treatment that you were owed, call Burger Law right away at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get great compensation for the vulnerable in Bethany and throughout Missouri.
You do not have to pay because a physician, hospital or other healthcare professional in Bethany, MO broke the rules. When we seek medical care, we do so believing that we are placing our well-being — and at times even our lives — in dependable hands. When doctors are negligent and you end up with even worse illnesses or harm as a consequence, trust in the experienced and savvy Bethany, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to deliver you justice and a full compensation. Not only are we compassionate and committed to the injured in Bethany, MO, but we are more aggressive than most law firms in filing lawsuits and not waiting around for the at-fault doctor to take responsibility. Our medical malpractice lawyers want healthcare professionals and their insurance company to understand that we are persistent and will not take anything but the best possible compensation. Negligent health care can have catastrophic, permanent consequences, and in the worst circumstances can even result in wrongful death.
In our 30 years of experience standing up to bullies and getting great results for our clients, we have secured our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or a loved one has been hurt by a negligent physician in Bethany, MO, reach out to Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See the potential value of your claim by filling out our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Bethany, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
A study by John Hopkins Medicine found that 10 percent of all fatalities nationwide are owing to medical error. Just one percent of doctors account for nearly a third of medical malpractice lawsuits. Too often, negligent doctors are allowed to keep practicing without any consequences. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold liable doctors accountable, you can be certain the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than 33 percent of medical malpractice lawsuits end with the plaintiff recovering damages. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was recovered in medical malpractice lawsuits. You need devoted and experienced Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to ensure you are awarded the best possible financial recovery you deserve.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Bethany, MO Can Hold Accountable in Your Claim
We often immediately think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many people or institutions that may be liable for medical negligence in your case. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice claims are often intricate; it may not be clear straight away who was responsible, or many parties might be accountable. The trustworthy and savvy Bethany, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will conduct a full investigation into your claim and make sure that each party that caused you injuries is held accountable for their thoughtless behavior.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Bethany, MO
Medical negligence transpires when a healthcare professional breaches the standard of care, which is how a capable doctor in the same field and same geographic location would have care for your health problems. Our Bethany, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that take place in many different ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most frequent reason for medical malpractice cases that occur in outpatient treatment. More or Less 12 million people in United States are misdiagnosed every year. Catching health issues early on is imperative in attaining the best possible results for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or failing to diagnose, can lead to a delay to the treatment you acutely require to get better, or can lead to unsuitable care that compounds your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most severe health conditions, such as:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for cardiac events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical mistakes are the most frequent medical malpractice claim related to inpatient care. There are a minimum of 4,000 surgical mistakes in the U.S. every year, and frighteningly, the most common instance is performing surgery on an erroneous organ. Other examples can include accidental cuts, anesthesia mistakes, foreign objects like sponges being left inside the patient, infections or failure to address issues show up after the procedure.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people nationwide die each year because of medication errors. Examples can include not being aware of a patient's allergies, giving an incorrect medication, giving the wrong dosage or failing to identify interactions with other drugs.
Medication errors can also include overprescribing medications. Studies show that overprescribing is a main factor in the opioid crisis in the U.S.
Unnecessary medical care costs about $210 billion every year. John Hopkins Medicine asked 2,106 doctors and learned that doctors themselves are of the opinion that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is not needed, including:
- 22 percent of prescription medications
- Almost a quarter of medical tests
- Over a tenth of procedures
- 20.6 percent of all medical care
Unneeded care can cause surgical errors, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
An estimated 6 to 8 out of 1,000 children born in the United States suffer a significant birth injury Every year. Not correctly observing the baby during delivery, not appropriately utilizing birthing techniques or not diagnosing a health problem with the mother during pregnancy are all instances of medical malpractice that can lead to long-term or permanent consequences.
Nursing Home Negligence
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act determined a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to protect and ensure their physical, emotional and social health. When a nursing home or its staff shirks those rights and the person you care about is consequently hurt, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them accountable.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
We all have an innate right to make decisions for ourselves. When a physician does not inform you of risks, or fails to acquire your consent before treatment, it is a horrible infringement on your rights.
At Burger Law, our Bethany, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen it all. We know the terrible repercussions a healthcare professional's or institution's neglect can cause, and the rage and grief that comes with discovering that your trust was betrayed. We hold at-fault doctors responsible and win our Bethany, MO clients the maximum financial recovery they are owed and that they need to move on and fully recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have vast medical knowledge and will be able to identify precisely how your doctor violated the standard of care. Call our medical malpractice lawyers in Bethany, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Check out the links below to see some of the recent successes Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have secured for our clients in Bethany, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
What Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Do For You
Medical malpractice cases are infamously difficult to win. That is why you need stellar medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, tenacity and prowess to deliver you the maximum compensation you know you are owed. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Start working on your case right away
- Connect you with honest and accomplished physicians to finally get you the medical treatment you deserve
- Perform a comprehensive investigation, including procuring medical records, qualified testimony and taking official statements from the defendant
- Consult with our network of Bethany, MO medical experts to ascertain standard of care in your case, demonstrate how the care you were given was below standard and prove negligence
- Offer empathetic, informed and dependable legal direction
- Make sure you informed throughout your claim so you are aware of what is going on and know everything you need to make the best decision for your family
- Handle every legal aspect of your case so you can focus your energy on healing
- Consult with with economic experts to determine exactly how much your claim is worth
- Negotiate with the insurance adjusters to get you a full settlement offer
- Take your case to court when the insurance company does not want to be fair in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that most residents of Bethany, MO does not have the resources and legal knowledge to combat the high-priced defense teams of doctors and large hospitals. For that reason, our Bethany, MO medical malpractice lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. You do not owe us any fees until we get you the maximum compensation you are owed. We have devoted our careers to making certain that the injured and vulnerable in Bethany, MO have access to the highest quality legal advocacy, one that rivals and exceeds that of large hospitals. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to remove every hurdle standing between you and justice.
What You Need in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every error committed by healthcare providers amounts to malpractice. In order to collect compensation for negligent treatment in Bethany, MO, you must demonstrate four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you show that:
- A doctor-patient relationship was determined. This means proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is usually very easy to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was negligent. You need to be able to show that a competent doctor in the same field, in the same geographical location caring for the same health issue, would not have made the same error.
- The doctor’s negligence directly caused the injury. This is often tough to prove, as patients being treated by a physician are normally already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient damages. Instances can include physical pain, impairment, additional medical costs, or loss of earning capacity.
In Missouri, you will also be required to include an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your suit, under Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a legally qualified healthcare provider that states that a) the doctor did not provide the treatment that a careful healthcare provider would have in the same situation, and b) the negligence caused the alleged harm. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a wealth of accomplished and professional medical connections in Bethany and throughout Missouri who will help back up your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Receive? | Bethany, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you receive typically falls into two categories: economic damages, which are intended to compensate you for the financial damages you have undergone because of a physician's substandard care; and noneconomic damages, which seek to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have impacted your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity if the medical negligence caused an impairment that does not permit you to carry out the tasks of your job anymore
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Subsequent doctors appointments
- Further procedures
- Physical therapy
- Medication expenses
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or necessary improvements to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work around the clock until you get every dollar that you are owed. We know that some injuries are impossible to fully heal from, but we fight to make certain that your pain and suffering is alleviated.
Malpractice cases diverge from other personal injuries in Missouri in a couple of important aspects. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you understand damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239 in an effort to diminish insurance premiums for medical negligence. The bill puts in place "damage caps" on how much compensation you can recover in a medical malpractice suit in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those caps are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Bethany, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The damage caps for catastrophic injuries are higher because they affect your ability to function in your daily life and to enjoy life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you determine if your injury can be viewed as catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 says that catastrophic injuries are:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
What is the Statute of Limitations in a Medical Malpractice Claim in Bethany, MO?
If you or someone you love were harmed by a physician's substandard care in Bethany, MO, it is crucial to call medical malpractice lawyers right away. While most personal injury claims have a statute of limitation of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice cases only have a time limit of two years, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that once you have been harmed your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file your claim. There are three important exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor did not inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or someone you love was under 18 at the time of the negligent, you have until their 20th birthday.
There is no time to wait. Reach out to the Burger Law Bethany, MO medical malpractice lawyers now. We get started on your case right away and do not stop until you recover full compensation . Delaying could bring difficulties to your claim and could make it tough for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to demonstrate the full scope of your damages. Call Burger Law's Bethany, MO medical malpractice lawyers immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Bethany, MO
No one deserves to have their life turned upside down because a healthcare professional was negligent in their care. Burger Law's Bethany, MO medical malpractice lawyers make up the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in the Region. We fight hard for our clients and work around the clock to get them the great results they need to recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last 30 years fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let physicians, large hospitals take advantage of your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Bethany, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.