They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Gasconade County, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Gasconade County, Missouri. If you or someone you care about were hurt because a doctor did not offer you the proper care that you were owed, call Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get the best possible compensation for the injured and vulnerable in Gasconade County and throughout Missouri.
You do not have to pay because a physician, medical institution or other medical professional in Gasconade County, MO gave you substandard care. When we search out medical treatment, we do so believing that we are placing our well-being — and occasionally even our lives — in competent hands. When doctors are negligent , leaving you with even worse illnesses or injuries as a result, believe in the accomplished and skilled Gasconade County, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to get you justice and maximum financial compensation. Not only are we compassionate and devoted to our Gasconade County, MO clients, but we are more aggressive than most law firms in filing lawsuits and not waiting around for the liable doctor to take responsibility. Our medical malpractice lawyers want medical professionals and their insurance company to know that we are persistent and will accept nothing but a full financial recovery. Negligent health care can have traumatic, life-long repercussions, and in the dire circumstances can even cause wrongful death.
In our three decades of experience standing up to bullies and getting the best possible results for our clients, we have won our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or a loved one has been hurt by a negligent doctor in Gasconade County, MO, get in touch with Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See how much compensation you may be able to collect by using our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Gasconade County, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Research by John Hopkins Medicine found that one-tenth of all deaths in the United States are owing to medical error. Just one percent of doctors account for nearly a third of medical malpractice cases. Too often, negligent doctors are allowed to keep practicing without any ramifications. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold at-fault doctors accountable, you can be certain the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than a third of medical malpractice cases end with the plaintiff receiving damages. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was awarded in medical malpractice lawsuits. You need devoted and experienced Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to make sure you get the full compensation you deserve.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Gasconade County, MO Can Hold Responsible in Your Claim
We often immediately think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many people or institutions that may be to blame for medical negligence in your case. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice cases are often complicated; it may not be immediately clear who was accountable, or many people may be at fault. The dependable and knowledgeable Gasconade County, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will perform a complete investigation into your case and ensure that each party that caused you harm is held accountable for their careless behavior.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Gasconade County, MO
Medical negligence transpires when a healthcare professional breaks the standard of care, which is how a competent doctor in the same field and same geographic location would have care for your health issue. Our Gasconade County, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that occur in myriad ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most frequent reason for medical malpractice lawsuits related to out-of-hospital care. More or Less 12 million Americans are misdiagnosed each year. Diagnosing medical issues early on is often a deciding factor in realizing the most favorable outcome for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or missing a diagnosis, can lead to a delay to the care you seriously require to become healthier, or can result in incorrect care that compounds your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most life-threatening health conditions, including:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for vascular events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical errors are the most common medical malpractice case related to inpatient care. There are a minimum of 4,000 surgical mistakes in the United States every year, and frighteningly, the most common instance is operating on the wrong body part. Other instances can include accidental incisions, anesthesia errors, foreign objects like scissors being left inside the patient, infections or failure to address difficulties show up after the surgery.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people in the U.S. die every year owing to medication errors. Examples can include not taking a record of the patient's allergies, giving the wrong medication, giving the wrong dosage or not identifying interactions with other drugs.
Another example of medication errors is overprescribing medications. Studies have found that overprescribing is a principal factor in the opioid crisis in the United States.
Unnecessary medical care costs roughly $210 billion annually. John Hopkins Medicine asked 2,106 physicians and discovered that doctors themselves think that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is unnecessary, including:
- 22 percent of prescription medications
- 24.9 percent of medical tests
- 11.1 percent of procedures
- More than one-fifth of medical care in general
Unneeded care can result in surgical mistakes, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
An estimated 6 to 8 out of a thousand children born in the United States experience a significant birth injury Annually. Not correctly monitoring the child during delivery, not appropriately implementing birthing procedures or not identifying a health issue with the mother during pregnancy are all examples of medical negligence that can lead to long-term or permanent consequences.
Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act determined a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to protect and secure their physical, emotional and social well-being. When a nursing home or its staff shirks those rights and your loved one is injured as a result, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them liable.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
Everyone has an innate right to make decisions for ourselves. When a healthcare institution does not inform you of risks, or fails to obtain your consent before a procedure, it is an outrageous violation of your rights.
At Burger Law, our Gasconade County, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen it all. We know the catastrophic consequences a healthcare professional's or institution's neglect can cause, and the anger and sorrow that accompanies discovering that your trust was betrayed. We hold at-fault doctors accountable and win our Gasconade County, MO clients the great compensation they deserve and need to move on and fully recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have vast medical comprehension and will be able to determine exactly how your doctor breached the standard of care. Contact our medical malpractice lawyers in Gasconade County, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Check out the following links to see several of the recent victories Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have secured for our clients in Gasconade County, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
What Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Do For You
Medical malpractice claims are notoriously difficult to win. That is why you need stellar medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, tenacity and talent to secure you the maximum compensation you know you are owed. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Get to work on your claim immediately
- Connect you with trustworthy and accomplished doctors to finally get you the medical treatment you deserve
- Conduct a full investigation, including acquiring medical records, qualified testimony and taking official statements from the defendant
- Work alongside our team of Gasconade County, MO medical experts to determine standard of care in your case, demonstrate how the treatment you were provided with was below standard and prove negligence
- Offer empathetic, wise and direct legal guidance
- Keep you informed throughout your lawsuit so you are not left in the dark and you have all the information you need to make the best decision for your family
- Handle every legal aspect of your case so you can focus on recovering
- Work with with economic experts to determine precisely how much your claim is worth
- Negotiate with the insurance company to deliver you the best possible settlement offer
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company does not want to be fair in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that most people in Gasconade County, MO does not have the resources and legal proficiency to stand up to the expensive defense teams of doctors and large insurance companies. For that reason, our Gasconade County, MO medical malpractice lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis. We accept no attorneys fees until we get you the full compensation you deserve. We have dedicated our careers to making sure that the injured and vulnerable in Gasconade County, MO have access to the highest standard of legal advocacy, one that rivals and exceeds that of large corporations. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to get rid of every hurdle standing between you and justice.
What You Need in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every error carried out by healthcare providers constitutes malpractice. In order to receive a financial recovery for negligent care in Gasconade County, MO, you must conclusively show four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you prove that:
- A doctor-patient relationship was determined. This means proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is commonly not hard to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was violated the standard of care. You need to be able to show that a capable doctor in the same field, in the same geographical location caring for the same health condition, would not have committed the same mistake.
- The doctor’s breach of the standard of care directly caused you harm. This is often difficult to prove, as patients being treated by a physician are typically already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient harm that they need to be compensated for. This can include physical pain, a disability, additional medical expenses, or loss of future earning potential.
In Missouri, you will also be required to offer an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your case, according to Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a legally qualified healthcare provider that opines that a) the doctor did not give you the care that a careful healthcare provider would have in the same situation, and b) the negligence contributed to the alleged harm. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a wealth of accomplished and qualified medical connections in Gasconade County and throughout Missouri who will help back up your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Recover? | Gasconade County, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you recover usually falls into two categories: economic damages, which seek to compensate you for the monetary loss you have sustained owing to a doctor's substandard care; and noneconomic damages, which seek to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have affected your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity if the medical negligence resulted in an impairment that does not permit you to conduct the duties of your job anymore
- Medical bills, for instance:
- Follow up appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Medication expenses
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs or necessary upgrades to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work around the clock until you get every dime that you are owed. We know that some injuries are impossible to truly recover from, but we fight to make certain that you are made whole again.
Malpractice cases differ from other personal injuries in Missouri in two key manners. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you understand damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239 in an effort to diminish insurance premiums for medical negligence. The bill establishes "damage caps" on how much compensation you can recover in a medical malpractice suit in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those caps are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Gasconade County, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The damage caps for catastrophic injuries are higher because they impact your ability to carry out daily tasks and to find enjoyment in life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you establish if your injury can be seen as catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 defines catastrophic injuries as:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
What is the Statute of Limitations in a Medical Malpractice Claim in Gasconade County, MO?
If you or someone you love were harmed by a healthcare professional's negligence in Gasconade County, MO, it is vital to get in touch with medical malpractice lawyers right away. While most personal injury claims have a time limit of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice suits only have a statute of limitations of two years, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that following an injury from medical negligence your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file your claim. There are three important exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor neglected to inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or someone you care about was a minor at the time of the substandard care, you have until their 20th birthday.
There is no time to wait. Get in touch with the Burger Law Gasconade County, MO medical malpractice lawyers straight away. We get to work on your case right away and do not let up until you recover full compensation . Waiting could create complications your case and could make it tough for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to prove the full scope of your damages. Call Burger Law's Gasconade County, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Gasconade County, MO
No one deserves to have their life upended because a doctor was negligent in their care. Burger Law's Gasconade County, MO medical malpractice lawyers make up the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in the Region. We fight hard for our clients and work relentlessly to get them the great results they need to be made whole again. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last 30 years fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let doctors, large corporations manipulate your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Gasconade County, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.