They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Gladstone, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Gladstone, Missouri. If you or a family member were hurt because a physician did not provide you with the proper care that you were owed, call Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or complete our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get great financial recoveries for the vulnerable in Gladstone and throughout Missouri.
You should not have to pay because a physician, medical institution or other medical professional in Gladstone, MO disregarded your health. When we get medical attention, we do so under the assumption that we are placing our health — and at times even our lives — in trustworthy hands. When doctors are negligent , leaving you with even worse illnesses or injuries as a consequence, believe in the seasoned and talented Gladstone, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to secure you justice and the best possible compensation. Not only are we empathetic and committed to our Gladstone, MO clients, but we are more aggressive than most law firms in filing litigation and not waiting around for the liable doctor to take accountability. Our medical malpractice lawyers want medical professionals and their insurance company to know that we are driven and will not take anything but the best possible financial recovery. Negligent health care can have devastating, life-long consequences, and in the dire cases can even lead to wrongful death.
In our 30 years of experience fighting back against bullies and getting the best possible results for our clients, we have gotten our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or someone you care about has been harmed by a negligent doctor in Gladstone, MO, reach out to Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See how much your claim may be worth by using our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Gladstone, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Data from John Hopkins Medicine found that 10 percent of all deaths in the U.S. are owing to medical error. Just one percent of doctors account for just about 33 percent of medical malpractice lawsuits. Too often, negligent doctors are allowed to keep practicing without any discipline. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold liable doctors accountable, you can be certain the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than 33 percent of medical malpractice claims end with the plaintiff receiving compensation. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was awarded in medical malpractice cases. You need devoted and veteran Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to make sure you are awarded the maximum compensation you deserve.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Gladstone, MO Can Hold To Blame in Your Claim
We frequently immediately think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many parties that may be guilty of medical negligence in your claim. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice suits are typically complicated; it may not be immediately clear who was to blame, or many people might be liable. The dependable and knowledgeable Gladstone, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will perform a full investigation into your injuries and ensure that every party that caused you harm is held responsible for their reckless actions.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Gladstone, MO
Medical negligence happens when a healthcare professional violates the standard of care, which is how most doctors in the same field and same geographic location would have addressed your health issue. Our Gladstone, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that transpire in many different ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most common reason for medical malpractice cases that take place in outpatient treatment. About 12 million Americans are misdiagnosed annually. Catching health issues early on is often a deciding factor in attaining the most favorable results for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or failing to diagnose, can lead to a delay to the care you desperately require to get better, or can lead to inappropriate treatment that aggravates your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most life-threatening health conditions, such as:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for vascular events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical mistakes are the most frequent medical malpractice claim when it comes to in-hospital care. There are a minimum of 4,000 surgical errors in the United States each year, and frighteningly, the most common example is operating on an erroneous body part. Other instances can include accidental incisions, anesthesia errors, foreign objects like sponges being left inside the patient, infections or failure to treat issues surface after the surgery.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people nationwide die annually due to mistakes when administering medication. Examples can include not knowing a patient's allergies, giving an incorrect medication, giving an incorrect dosage or not identifying interactions with other drugs.
Another instance of medication errors is overprescribing medications. Studies show that overprescribing is a major contributor to the opioid crisis in the United States.
Unnecessary medical care costs an estimated $210 billion every year. John Hopkins Medicine asked 2,106 physicians and discovered that physicians themselves believe that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is not needed, including:
- Over a fifth of prescription medications
- 24.9 percent of medical tests
- 11.1 percent of procedures
- Over one-fifth of all medical care
Unneeded treatment can lead to surgical errors, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
Roughly 6 to 8 out of 1,000 children born in the United States suffer a significant birth injury Every year. Not properly observing the infant during delivery, not correctly utilizing birthing techniques or not diagnosing a health issue with the mother during pregnancy are all cases of medical malpractice that can result in long-term or permanent consequences.
Nursing Home Negligence
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act determined a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to safeguard and ensure their physical, emotional and social well-being. When a nursing home institution or staff shirks those rights and the person you love is consequently harmed, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them liable.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
We all have an inherent right to make choices for ourselves. When a doctor neglects to inform you of risks, or neglects to secure your consent before a procedure, it is an egregious breach of your rights.
At Burger Law, our Gladstone, MO medical malpractice lawyers have experience with every sort of malpractice case. We know the devastating consequences a healthcare professional's or institution's thoughtlessness can cause, and the rage and sorrow that accompanies discovering that your trust was betrayed. We hold negligent doctors to blame and deliver our Gladstone, MO clients the best possible financial recovery they are owed and that they require to move on and fully recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have vast medical knowledge and will be able to pinpoint how your doctor violated the standard of care. Call our medical malpractice lawyers in Gladstone, MO at once at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Browse the following links to see some of the latest successes Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have won for our clients in Gladstone, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
How Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Help
Medical malpractice cases are notably difficult to win. That is why you need exceptional medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, determination and prowess to get you the maximum financial recovery you know you deserve. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Get working on your case at once
- Connect you with trustworthy and competent physicians to finally get you the medical treatment you deserve
- Carry out a complete investigation, including procuring medical records, professional testimony and taking official statements from the defendant
- Work alongside our team of Gladstone, MO medical experts to demonstrate standard of care in your case, show how the care you were provided with was not up to the standard and prove negligence
- Offer compassionate, sound and direct legal guidance
- Make sure you informed throughout your suit so you are not left in the dark and you have all the information you need to make the best decision for your family
- Manage every legal aspect of your case so you can focus on healing
- Converse with with economic experts to determine exactly how much your claim is worth
- Negotiate with the insurance adjusters to deliver you the best possible settlement offer
- Take your case to court when the insurance company does not want to offer what you deserve in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that the average person in Gladstone, MO does not have access to the resources and legal expertise to oppose the high-priced defense teams of doctors and large corporations. That is why our Gladstone, MO medical malpractice lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay us any fees until we get you the great financial recovery you deserve. We have devoted our careers to making sure that the injured and vulnerable in Gladstone, MO have access to the highest standard of legal representation, one that rivals and exceeds that of large corporations. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to abolish every hurdle standing between you and justice.
What You Need in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every error committed by medical institution or doctor amounts to malpractice. In order to be awarded compensation for negligent treatment in Gladstone, MO, you must demonstrate four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you show that:
- A doctor-patient relationship was established. This amounts to proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is generally not hard to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was negligent. You need to be able to demonstrate that a competent healthcare professional in the same field, in the same geographical location treating the same health problem, would not have committed the same error.
- The doctor’s violation of the standard of care directly caused you injured. This is often tough to prove, as patients under a physician's care are generally already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient damages. Examples include physical pain, a disability, additional medical expenses, or loss of future earning potential.
In Missouri, you will also be required to offer an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your lawsuit, following Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a legally qualified healthcare provider that states that a) the doctor did not provide the care that a prudent healthcare provider would have under similar circumstances, and b) the failure caused the alleged injuries. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a massive network of accomplished and qualified medical connections in Gladstone and throughout Missouri who will help confirm your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Receive? | Gladstone, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you collect generally falls into two categories: economic damages, which are intended to compensate you for the financial damages you have sustained owing to a physician's negligence; and noneconomic damages, which seek to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have impacted your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential if the medical negligence led to a disability that does not allow you to perform the duties of your job anymore
- Medical costs, such as:
- Follow up appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Medication costs
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or needed improvements to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work around the clock until you get every nickel that you are owed. We know that some injuries are impossible to fully heal from, but we fight to ensure that you get justice.
Malpractice cases diverge from other personal injuries in Missouri in two key details. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you maneuver damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239 in an attempt to lessen insurance premiums for medical negligence. The bill puts in place "damage caps" on how much compensation you can collect in a medical malpractice suit in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those limits are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Gladstone, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The damage caps for catastrophic injuries are greater because they impact your ability to function in your daily life and to enjoy life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you determine if your injury can be viewed as catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 states that catastrophic injuries are:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
What is the Statute of Limitations in a Medical Malpractice Claim in Gladstone, MO?
If you or someone you love were injured by a doctor's substandard care in Gladstone, MO, it is critical to reach out to medical malpractice lawyers straight away. While most personal injury cases have a statute of limitation of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice claims only have a statute of limitations of two years, according to Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that following an injury from medical negligence your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file suit. There are three key exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor failed to inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or your loved one was a minor on the date of the malpractice, you have until they turn 20.
There is no time to delay. Call the Burger Law Gladstone, MO medical malpractice lawyers immediately. We get working on your case at once and do not rest until you have been fully compensated . Delaying could create difficulties for your suit and could make it hard for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to show the full impacts of your damages. Call Burger Law's Gladstone, MO medical malpractice lawyers immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Gladstone, MO
No one deserves to have their life halted because a physician was negligent in their care. Burger Law's Gladstone, MO medical malpractice lawyers comprise the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in the Region. We fight hard for our clients and work relentlessly to get them the great results they need to be made whole again. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last three decades fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let doctors, large hospitals abuse your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Gladstone, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.