They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Monett, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Monett, Missouri. If you or a family member were hurt because a healthcare professional did not provide you with the competent care that you deserved, call Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get great compensation for the injured and vulnerable in Monett and throughout Missouri.
You do not have to pay because a doctor, medical institution or other healthcare professional in Monett, MO did not respect your health. When we seek medical care, we do so believing that we are placing our health — and occasionally even our lives — in trustworthy hands. When doctors are negligent , leaving you with even worse sickness or harm as a consequence, believe in the experienced and knowledgeable Monett, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to win you justice and maximum financial compensation. Not only are we sympathetic and committed to the injured in Monett, MO, but we are more aggressive than most law firms in filing litigation and not waiting around for the negligent doctor to take accountability. Our medical malpractice lawyers want healthcare professionals and their insurance company to know that we mean business and will not take anything but full compensation. Negligent health care can have ruinous, life-long consequences, and in the worst cases can even cause wrongful death.
In our 30 years of experience pushing back against bullies and getting the best possible results for our clients, we have secured our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or a loved one has been hurt by a careless physician in Monett, MO, reach out to Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers right away at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See the potential value of your claim by filling out our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Monett, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
A study by John Hopkins Medicine found that 10 percent of all fatalities in the U.S. are owing to medical error. Just one percent of doctors are responsible for nearly a third of medical malpractice lawsuits. Too often, negligent doctors are allowed to keep practicing without any ramifications. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold liable doctors accountable, you can be confident the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than a third of medical malpractice claims end with the plaintiff receiving damages. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was awarded in medical malpractice claims. You need devoted and veteran Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to make certain you receive the best possible financial recovery you are owed.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Monett, MO Can Hold Liable in Your Claim
We often automatically think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many parties that may be liable for medical negligence in your claim. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice suits are frequently complicated; it may not be immediately clear who was responsible, or many people could be liable. The dependable and talented Monett, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will carry out a full investigation into your case and make certain that every party that caused you harm is held accountable for their reckless actions.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Monett, MO
Medical negligence takes place when a healthcare professional breaks the standard of care, which is how a competent doctor in the same practice area and same geographic location would have treated your health problems. Our Monett, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that transpire in a variety of ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most common reason for medical malpractice cases that take place in outpatient care. About 12 million Americans are misdiagnosed each year. Catching health problems early on is often a deciding factor in achieving the most favorable results for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or failing to diagnose, can lead to a delay to the treatment you acutely need to become healthier, or can result in improper treatment that exacerbates your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most severe health conditions, for example:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for cardiac events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical mistakes are the most frequent medical malpractice case when it comes to inpatient care. There are a minimum of 4,000 surgical errors in the U.S. every year, and frighteningly, the most common example is operating on an incorrect body part. Other instances can include accidental incisions, anesthesia errors, foreign objects like sponges being left inside the patient, infections or failure to address difficulties emerge after the surgery.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people nationwide die each year due to medication errors. Examples can include not being aware of a patient's allergies, giving an incorrect medication, giving the wrong dosage or failing to recognize interactions with other drugs.
Another instance of medication errors is overprescribing medications. Studies show that overprescribing is a main factor in the opioid crisis in the United States.
Unnecessary medical care costs about $210 billion annually. John Hopkins Medicine asked 2,106 physicians and learned that physicians themselves are of the opinion that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is not needed, including:
- 22 percent of prescription medications
- Almost a quarter of medical tests
- 11.1 percent of procedures
- Over a fifth of medical care in general
Unnecessary treatment can result in surgical errors, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
About 6 to 8 out of a thousand children born in the United States suffer a significant birth injury Annually. Not correctly observing the child during delivery, not appropriately utilizing birthing techniques or not identifying a health condition of the mother during pregnancy are all cases of medical malpractice that can lead to long-term or permanent health issues.
Nursing Home Negligence
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act created a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to safeguard and secure their physical, emotional and social health. When a nursing home or its staff disregards those rights and the person you care about is hurt as a result, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them accountable.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
Everyone has a fundamental right to make decisions for ourselves. When a medical professional neglects to inform you of risks, or fails to obtain your consent before a procedure, it is a horrible violation of your rights.
At Burger Law, our Monett, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen it all. We know the destructive consequences a healthcare professional's or institution's carelessness can cause, and the exasperation and sorrow that comes with discovering that your trust was broken. We hold at-fault doctors to blame and deliver our Monett, MO clients the maximum financial recovery they deserve and need to move on and fully recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have substantial medical comprehension and will be able to discover exactly how your doctor violated the standard of care. Contact our medical malpractice lawyers in Monett, MO today at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Take a look at the following links to see some of the recent successes Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have won for our clients in Monett, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
How Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Help
Medical malpractice cases are notoriously hard to win. That is why you need exceptional medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, perseverance and skills to get you the full financial recovery you know you are owed. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Get started on your claim right away
- Connect you with trustworthy and accomplished doctors to finally get you the medical attention you deserve
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation, including obtaining medical records, qualified testimony and taking official statements from the defendant
- Converse with our network of Monett, MO medical experts to establish standard of care in your case, show how the treatment you received was substandard and prove negligence
- Offer empathetic, knowledgeable and direct legal counsel
- Keep you informed throughout your lawsuit so you are not left in the dark and you know everything you need to make the best decision for your family
- Manage every legal aspect of your case so you can spend your energy on healing
- Work with with economic experts to determine exactly how much your claim is worth
- Negotiate with the insurance company to deliver you the best possible settlement offer
- Take your case to trial when the insurance company does not want to be fair in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that the average person in Monett, MO does not have the resources and legal savvy to counter the high-priced defense teams of doctors and large hospitals. For that reason, our Monett, MO medical malpractice lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis. We charge no attorneys fees until we get you the best possible financial recovery you are owed. We have committed our careers to making sure that the injured and vulnerable in Monett, MO have access to the highest quality legal representation, one that rivals and eclipses that of large insurance companies. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to abolish every impediment standing between you and justice.
What You Need in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every error carried out by healthcare institution or physician amounts to malpractice. In order to collect a financial recovery for improper care in Monett, MO, you must prove four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you prove that:
- A doctor-patient relationship was determined. This means proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is commonly not difficult to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was violated the standard of care. You need to be able to show that a capable physician in the same practice area, in the same geographical location treating the same medical condition, would not have committed the same error.
- The doctor’s violation of the standard of care directly caused the injury. This is often tough to prove, as patients under a physician's care are customarily already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient harm that they need to be compensated for. Examples include physical pain, impairment, additional medical costs, or loss of future earning potential.
In Missouri, you will also be required to provide an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your claim, under Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a legally qualified healthcare provider that says that a) the doctor did not offer the treatment that a prudent healthcare provider would have under similar circumstances, and b) the failure caused the alleged injuries. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a large network of experienced and qualified medical connections in Monett and throughout Missouri who will help corroborate your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Get? | Monett, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you recover usually falls into two categories: economic damages, which seek to compensate you for the monetary damages you have undergone because of a doctor's substandard care; and noneconomic damages, which are intended to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have impacted your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential if the medical negligence caused a disability that does not allow you to carry out the duties of your job anymore
- Medical bills, including:
- Follow up appointments
- Further procedures
- Physical therapy
- Medication expenses
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs or necessary upgrades to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work around the clock until you get every dime that you are owed. We know that you can never really heal from some injuries, but we fight to make certain that you are made whole again.
Malpractice cases diverge from other personal injuries in Missouri in a couple of essential aspects. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you navigate damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239 in an effort to reduce insurance premiums for doctor's and hospitals. The bill establishes "damage caps" on the amount you can recover in a medical malpractice case in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those caps are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Monett, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The damage caps for catastrophic injuries are greater because they impact your ability to function in your daily life and to find enjoyment in life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you establish if your injury can be considered catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 defines catastrophic injuries as:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Claim in Monett, MO?
If you or a family member were harmed by a doctor's negligence in Monett, MO, it is imperative to get in touch with medical malpractice lawyers at once. While most personal injury cases have a time limit of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice suits only have a statute of limitations of two years, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that once you have been hurt your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file suit. There are three notable exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor did not inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or your family member was a minor at the time of the negligent, you have until their 20th birthday.
There is no time to wait. Reach out to the Burger Law Monett, MO medical malpractice lawyers now. We begin working on your case at once and do not stop until you have been fully compensated . Waiting could create complications your claim and could make it difficult for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to prove the full extent of your damages. Call Burger Law's Monett, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Monett, MO
No one deserves to have their life upended because a doctor gave them substandard care. Burger Law's Monett, MO medical malpractice lawyers comprise the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in Monett, MO. We fight hard for our clients and work tirelessly to get them the great results they need to recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last 30 years fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let medical professionals, large corporations abuse your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Monett, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.