They betrayed your trust. We get you maximum compensation.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Osage Beach, Missouri
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Osage Beach, Missouri. If you or someone you care about were hurt because a healthcare professional did not offer you the adequate treatment that you deserved, call Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form. Our medical malpractice lawyers always get the best possible financial recoveries for our clients in Osage Beach and throughout Missouri.
You should not have to pay because a physician, hospital or other medical professional in Osage Beach, MO broke the rules. When we seek medical attention, we do so under the assumption that we are placing our health — and sometimes even our lives — in capable hands. When doctors are negligent , leaving you with even worse sickness or injuries as a consequence, believe in the accomplished and savvy Osage Beach, MO medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law to win you justice and maximum financial compensation. Not only are we understanding and devoted to the injured in Osage Beach, MO, but we are more aggressive than the majority of law firms in filing litigation and not waiting around for the at-fault doctor to take accountability. Our medical malpractice lawyers want healthcare professionals and their insurance company to realize that we are persistent and will accept nothing but the best possible financial recovery. Negligent health care can have terrible, life-long consequences, and in the dire circumstances can even result in wrongful death.
In our 30 years of experience fighting back against bullies and getting the best possible results for the injured, we have gotten our clients over $175 million in verdicts and settlements. If you or a family member has been hurt by a thoughtless medical professional in Osage Beach, MO, call Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online.
See how much your claim may be worth by filling out our free personal injury calculator.
100 Chesterfield Business Pkwy
Chesterfield, MO 63005
By appointment only
Phone: (314) 648-8348
Medical Malpractice Statistics | Osage Beach, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Data from John Hopkins Medicine found that one in ten of all deaths in the United States are owing to medical error. Just one percent of physicians are responsible for almost 33 percent of medical malpractice lawsuits. Too often, negligent doctors are permitted to continue practicing without any discipline. But when the state of Missouri does not want to hold liable doctors to blame, you can be confident the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will.
In Missouri, less than 33 percent of medical malpractice cases end with the plaintiff receiving compensation. Still, between 2009 and 2018 a full $631.11 million was paid out in medical malpractice claims. You need devoted and experienced Missouri medical malpractice lawyers to make sure you collect the best possible financial recovery you deserve.
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
What Are the Top Medical Malpractice Claims?
Click to view video
How Do I File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Click to view video
Who Your Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Osage Beach, MO Can Hold Responsible in Your Claim
We usually immediately think of doctors when we think of medical malpractice, there are many parties that may be culpable of medical negligence in your case. The state of Missouri defines a “healthcare provider” as a
- Health maintenance organization
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Long-term care facility
- Registered or licensed practical nurse
- Professional physical therapist
- Physician-in-training, or
- Any other person or entity who provides health care services under the authority of a license or certificate
Malpractice suits are typically complicated; it may not be clear straight away who was at fault, or many parties may be to blame. The trustworthy and savvy Osage Beach, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will carry out a full investigation into your claim and make sure that each party that caused you harm is held responsible for their careless behavior.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Osage Beach, MO
Medical negligence occurs when a healthcare professional breaches the standard of care, which is how most doctors in the same field and same geographic location would have addressed your health issue. Our Osage Beach, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen that take place in a variety of ways:
Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis
This is the most common reason for medical malpractice lawsuits that occur in outpatient care. More or Less 12 million Americans are misdiagnosed annually. Catching health issues early on is crucial in realizing the most favorable outcome for a patient. A misdiagnosis, or missing a diagnosis, can lead to a delay to the treatment you acutely need to get better, or can lead to inappropriate treatment that compounds your illness or injury. Three-quarters of misdiagnoses are failing to diagnose some of the most grave health conditions, such as:
- 37.8 percent for cancer
- 22.8 percent for cardiac events
- 13.5 percent for infections
Surgical errors are the most common medical malpractice claim related to inpatient treatment. There are a minimum of 4,000 surgical errors nationwide annually, and frighteningly, the most common instance is operating on the wrong body part. Other instances can include accidental cuts, anesthesia mistakes, foreign objects like sponges being left inside the patient, infections or failure to address complications emerge after the surgery.
An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people in the U.S. die every year due to mistakes when administering medication. Examples can include not knowing a patient's allergies, giving an incorrect medication, giving an incorrect dosage or neglecting to identify interactions with other drugs.
Another instance of medication errors is overprescribing medications. Studies have found that overprescribing is a principal contributor to the opioid crisis in the United States.
Unnecessary medical care costs an estimated $210 billion annually. John Hopkins Medicine asked 2,106 doctors and found that physicians themselves think that 15 to 30 percent of medical care is not needed, including:
- 22 percent of prescription medications
- Almost a quarter of medical tests
- More than a tenth of procedures
- 20.6 percent of all medical treatment
Unneeded treatment can lead to surgical errors, medication errors and overprescribed medication.
Approximately 6 to 8 out of 1,000 children born in the United States suffer a significant birth injury Every year. Not properly observing the infant during delivery, not properly implementing birthing procedures or not identifying a health condition with the mother during pregnancy are all cases of medical negligence that can cause long-term or permanent health issues.
Nursing Home Negligence
The 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act established a Bill of Rights for nursing home residents meant to protect and guarantee their physical, emotional and social well-being. When a nursing home institution or staff does not ensure those rights and your family member is hurt as a result, the medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law will hold them accountable.
Failure to Inform or Lack of Consent
Everyone has an innate right to make decisions for ourselves. When a medical professional fails to inform you of risks, or neglects to acquire your consent before a procedure, it is an egregious breach of your rights.
At Burger Law, our Osage Beach, MO medical malpractice lawyers have seen it all. We know the traumatic consequences a healthcare professional's or institution's thoughtlessness can cause, and the rage and grief that accompanies learning that your trust was broken. We hold careless doctors liable and win our Osage Beach, MO clients the great compensation they are owed and that they need to move on and fully recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers also have substantial medical comprehension and will be able to discover precisely how your doctor violated the standard of care. Reach out to our medical malpractice lawyers in Osage Beach, MO immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Medical Malpractice Cases Won
Take a look at the links below to see several of the latest victories Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers have won for our clients in Osage Beach, MO:
- $1 Million Settlement for Family of a Man With Sepsis Infection
- $1 Million Settlement for Permanent Brain Injury
- $900,000 Settlement for Unnecessary Surgery Leading to Blindness in One Eye
- $200,000 Settlement for Misdiagnosis
- $175,000 Verdict for Surgical Error During a Cesarean Section
- Confidential Settlement for Failing to Diagnose Cancer and Lost Chance of Survival
- Confidential Settlement for Nursing Home Neglect
- Confidential Settlement for Wrongful Death Due to Fentanyl
What Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Missouri Can Do For You
Medical malpractice lawsuits are notoriously difficult to win. That is why you need stellar medical malpractice lawyers that have the experience, knowledge, determination and prowess to get you the great compensation you know you deserve. When you hire us, our Missouri medical malpractice lawyers:
- Begin working on your case straight away
- Connect you with honest and competent doctors to finally get you the medical treatment you deserve
- Carry out a full investigation, including obtaining medical records, qualified testimony and taking depositions of the defendant
- Consult with our team of Osage Beach, MO medical experts to corroborate standard of care in your case, show how the care you were given was below standard and prove negligence
- Offer compassionate, wise and straightforward legal counsel
- Keep you informed throughout your suit so you are not left in the dark and you have all the information you need to make the best decision for your family
- Handle every legal aspect of your case so you can focus your energy on healing
- Work alongside with economic experts to precisely value your damages
- Negotiate with the insurance company to get you a full settlement offer
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company does not want to offer what you deserve in mediation
At Burger Law, we know that the average person in Osage Beach, MO does not have access to the resources and legal knowledge to fight the expensive defense teams of doctors and large corporations. For that reason, our Osage Beach, MO medical malpractice lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay us any fees until we get you the full financial recovery you are owed. We have devoted our careers to making sure that the injured and vulnerable in Osage Beach, MO have access to the highest quality legal advocacy, one that equals and exceeds that of large hospitals. Our medical malpractice lawyers always work to remove every hurdle standing between you and justice.
Basic Requirements for a Medical Malpractice Claim
Not every error committed by healthcare providers constitutes malpractice. In order to collect compensation for negligent care in Osage Beach, MO, you must prove four things. Your medical malpractice lawyers from Burger Law will help you show that:
- A doctor-patient relationship was intiated. This amounts to proof that you hired the doctor and the doctor agreed to be hired. This is typically not hard to prove.
- The doctor or healthcare provider was violated the standard of care. You need to be able to demonstrate that a capable medical professional in the same practice area, in the same geographical location treating the same medical problem, would not have committed the same mistake.
- The doctor’s violation of the standard of care directly caused you harm. This can frequently be difficult to prove, as patients being treated by a doctor are generally already sick or injured.
- That the injury caused the patient damages. This can include physical pain, a disability, additional medical costs, or loss of future earning potential.
In Missouri, you will also need to provide an “Affidavit of Qualified Healthcare Worker,” within 90 days of filing your case, according to Missouri Revised Statute §538.225. This is a written opinion from a legally qualified healthcare provider that opines that a) the doctor did not give you the treatment that a careful healthcare provider would have under the same circumstances, and b) the negligence contributed to the alleged injuries. Our medical malpractice lawyers have a wealth of experienced and qualified medical connections in Osage Beach and throughout Missouri who will help confirm your claim.
Amy: A Trial Story
Click to view video
Click to view video
Roy Medical Malpractice Testimonial
Click to view video
What Compensation Can I Receive? | Osage Beach, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The compensation your medical malpractice lawyers will help you collect usually falls into two categories: economic damages, which seek to compensate you for the financial damages you have experienced owing to a physician's substandard care; and noneconomic damages, which look to compensate for the less tangible ways in which your injuries have impacted your life:
- Economic damages include:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity if the medical negligence caused a disability that does not allow you to perform the tasks of your job anymore
- Medical bills, such as:
- Subsequent doctors appointments
- Further procedures
- Physical rehabilitation
- Medication expenses
- In-home medical care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or necessary improvements to your home or vehicle
- Future estimated medical expenses, such as further physical therapy or medication, or replacement costs for assistive devices
- Noneconomic damages, which the state of Missouri defines as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers work tirelessly until you get every nickel that you deserve. We know that you can never really recover from some injuries, but we fight to ensure that you get justice.
Malpractice cases differ from other personal injuries in Missouri in a couple of important aspects. Your medical malpractice lawyers at Burger Law will help you maneuver damage caps and the statute of limitations in Missouri:
Damage Caps in Missouri Medical Malpractice Cases
In 2015, Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239 in an effort to diminish insurance premiums for medical liability. The bill puts in place "damage caps" on how much you can be awarded in a medical malpractice case in noneconomic damages. As of 2022, those caps are $450,098 for a "non-catastrophic injury" and $787,671 for a "catastrophic injury."
What is Catastrophic Injury? | Osage Beach, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The damage caps for catastrophic injuries are greater because they impact your ability to carry out daily tasks and to find enjoyment in life. Your Burger Law malpractice lawyers will help you determine if your injury can be considered catastrophic. Senate Bill 239 says that catastrophic injuries are:
- Quadriplegia, or loss of function in all four limbs
- Paraplegia, or loss of function in your legs and lower body
- Loss of two or more limbs
- A brain injury resulting in permanent cognitive impairment that results in permanent inability to:
- Make independent decisions
- Perform basic daily tasks such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and walking
- Irreversible failure of one or more major organ systems
- Legal blindness in your "best eye"
How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Claim in Osage Beach, MO?
If you or someone you love were hurt by a physician's substandard care in Osage Beach, MO, it is imperative to contact medical malpractice lawyers immediately. While most personal injury cases have a statute of limitation of five years in Missouri, medical malpractice lawsuits only have a statute of limitations of two years, under Missouri Revised Statute §516.105. That means that once you have been hurt your medical malpractice lawyers only have two years to investigate your case and file your claim. There are three key exceptions:
- If a foreign object was left inside of you after surgery, you have two years from the date you discovered the object, or should have discovered the object.
- If a doctor neglected to inform you of test results, you have two years from the date you discovered or should have discovered that you were not informed. This does not include failure to inform of negligent or incorrect test results.
- If you or someone you care about was under 18 at the time of the malpractice, you have until their 20th birthday.
There is no time to delay. Contact the Burger Law Osage Beach, MO medical malpractice lawyers immediately. We get to work on your case at once and do not rest until you have been fully compensated . Delaying could create complications your suit and could make it hard for even the best medical malpractice lawyers to prove the full consequences of your damages. Call Burger Law's Osage Beach, MO medical malpractice lawyers immediately at (314) 500-HURT.
Call Burger Law Now
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Osage Beach, MO
No one deserves to have their life turned upside down because a doctor was negligent in their care. Burger Law's Osage Beach, MO medical malpractice lawyers make up the highest- and most-reviewed law firm in Osage Beach, MO. We fight hard for our clients and work relentlessly to get them the great results they need to recover. Our medical malpractice lawyers have spent the last three decades fighting back against bullies and standing up for the "little guy." We will not let physicians, large hospitals exploit your vulnerability. Call Burger Law's Osage Beach, MO medical malpractice lawyers today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online form to start on your road to recovery.