When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Caseyville, IL. If you or your family member have been harmed by a medical professional's failure to adhere to the basic rules of treating patients, you deserve compensation to allow you to move beyond your injuries. In order to receive all the compensation you deserve, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers near you in Caseyville, IL. The compassionate and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Caseyville, IL are dedicated to fighting for individuals and families who have been damaged by a negligent act. We are not intimidated by large medical institutions and their insurance companies. We fairly compensate those they have harmed. In our decades of experience as a Caseyville, IL injury law firm, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. Act now for your chance to get the full compensation you deserve. Hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Caseyville, IL. Learn how we can help you through your medical malpractice case and protect your future by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Caseyville, IL Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases can be tough. One person cannot take on a large medical institution or wealthy doctor on their own You need a strong medical malpractice lawyer in Caseyville, IL who will fight relentlessly until you get a great settlement. Your Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyers with Burger Law do not back down until we are able to help you win your case.
Medical malpractice cases are highly technical, difficult and contested. As such, it is imperative that you work with a lawyer that is not only skilled in general personal injury cases, but has specific experience and success in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Caseyville, IL-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
Contact Burger Law to receive quality and dedicated legal representation when a doctor has harmed you. We handle everything from investigating your case carefully, obtaining all evidence, evaluating the extent and value of your damages, negotiating a great settlement and providing invaluable personal support and advice throughout the legal process. We will take care of everything from filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. Your Burger Law Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyer, along with our experienced support staff, will stand by you every step of the way. Let us get to work on your case now. Discuss your case with our medical malpractice lawyers in Caseyville, IL now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Caseyville, IL: Proving Your Case
Your situation must satisfy certain requirements in order to be considered a legitimate medical malpractice case. In other words, you cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you did not agree with your doctor's opinion or they were rude to you. In a case of medical malpractice, your Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyer has to prove to the court that the individual or institution you are bringing your claim against had a duty to provide you with care, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
To receive compensation for your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the requirements of a Caseyville, IL medical malpractice claim in the court of law. A qualified medical malpractice lawyer in Caseyville, IL can help. With our expertise, we will effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyers have spent decades litigating and trying cases like yours to hone our ability to represent you. Your Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyer will help you prove that your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Caseyville, IL.
As your Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: As in any personal injury case, in your medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care. In the medical relationship between a medical professional and patient, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to follow safety rules that protect the patient from harm.
- Breach of duty: Next, you must prove that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. When the medical provider breaks the rules for treating patients and does not act as a responsible medical provider would have acted in the same situation, they have breached their duty of care to you.
- Damages: It is not enough for the provider to have made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you were damaged. Your Caseyville, IL medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law will successfully demonstrate the various damages you have suffered.
- Causation: Lastly, your Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyer must prove that it was, in fact, the medical professional or institution responsible for the care that caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, further medical bills and treatment costs, and lost wages from missed work.
It is important that you choose an experienced Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyer to work for you and fiercely negotiate your medical malpractice case. As your Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works hard to help you recover. We conduct expert witness depositions, detailed investigations and strategy plans for winning your case and proving how the defendant's actions have harmed your life and your future. With the help of our powerful and skilled Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyers, you can receive a great recovery for all the damages you have suffered.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Why do instances of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete extensive education and clinical fieldwork before they are able to see patients and treat them. Other medical staff such as nurses must also complete many requirements before they can work with patients. Despite the stringent requirements for becoming a medical professional, medical errors still occur. Johns Hopkins has determined that more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year due to errors in medical treatment. When doctors and other medical providers make mistakes, Burger Law's Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyers fight to help those who have been injured make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
As medical malpractice lawyers serving all Caseyville, IL, Burger Law's team of medical malpractice attorneys have secured the futures of our clients, helping them win difficult medical malpractice cases and getting them the compensation they deserve. Our team has successfully workedn some of the most complex and challenging cases and have succeeded in getting our clients great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake seriously harms you or a loved one, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Caseyville, IL will help you recover, no matter the situation. Our experienced team has seen it all when it comes to medical malpractice cases, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An incorrect diagnosis can be very dangerous. If you find that a medical professional has given you the wrong diagnosis, talk to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Medical malpractice cases are most commonly caused by misdiagnosis.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: Your doctor is responsible for exercising their expertise and careful evaluation of your condition to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. When a doctor misses crucial information and fails to make the diagnosis, the patient could miss out on important care. Our Caseyville, IL medical malpractice are resolute in our mission to hold physicians and specialists accountable for missing important diagnoses.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical providers to administer the care we need to keep us safe and help us return to health when possible. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. In emergency situations, hospitals and medical professionals must act and provide treatment to stabilize the patient. If a patient develops a new or worsened condition while in the professional's care, such as an infection, the provider must provide medical care to address the new condition. Failure to do so constitutes a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. It is also often effective and necessary. The majority of surgeons and surgical staff are highly skilled and professional, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. If you or a family member underwent surgery and something went wrong in your treatment before, during or after your operation, our Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyers can help you get a full recovery. This could include the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If any surgical errors happen to you or a family member, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Caseyville, IL right away.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
The majority of medical malpractice cases can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need the representation of a skilled medical malpractice attorney.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Caseyville, IL
If you or your family member has been harmed because a healthcare worker was negligent and broke a rule, you should not delay in pursuing your recovery. Speak with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer about your case. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Caseyville, IL medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Let us begin working for you immediately by calling (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Caseyville, IL attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.