When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Chatham, IL. When you or someone you love is harmed by a doctor, nurse, surgeon or another medical professional because they broke basic rules about safety and health care, you can receive a full recovery for your damages. In order to receive all the compensation you deserve, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers near you in Chatham, IL. The compassionate and experienced medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Chatham, IL demand fair recoveries for individuals and families who have been damaged by a negligent act. We are not intimidated by large medical institutions and their insurance companies. We demand they pay those they have harmed. To date, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. Act now for your chance to get the full compensation you deserve. Hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Chatham, IL. Get help finding justice in your medical malpractice case by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Chatham, IL Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases can be tough. One person cannot take on a large medical institution or wealthy doctor on their own You need a experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Chatham, IL who will not be intimidated and will not stop fighting until you get a great settlement. Our Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyers do not stop working for you until we are able to help you win your case.
Medical malpractice cases are highly technical, difficult and contested. As such, it is imperative that you work with a lawyer that is not only skilled in general personal injury cases, but has specific experience and success in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Chatham, IL-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
When you need the best legal representation for your case involving medical negligence or a doctor error, contact Burger Law. We thoroughly investigate your case, track down all evidence, determine the true value of your claim, negotiate on your behalf, and offer support and counsel every step of the way. We will take care of everything from filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. Your Burger Law Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyer, along with our experienced support staff, will stand by you every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Discuss your case with our medical malpractice lawyers in Chatham, IL now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Chatham, IL: Proving Your Case
Your situation must satisfy certain requirements in order to be considered a legitimate medical malpractice case. In other words, you cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you did not agree with your doctor's opinion or they were rude to you. For your medical malpractice case, your Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyer is tasked with proving that the medical provider you are bringing the claim against had a duty to provide you with care as a medical professional, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
To receive compensation for your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the requirements of a Chatham, IL medical malpractice claim in the court of law. This is where a skilled and experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Chatham, IL comes in. You need the support of an expert in the field to effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyers have spent decades litigating and trying cases like yours to hone our ability to represent you. Your Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyer will demonstrate how your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Chatham, IL.
As your Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyers, we know how to prove:
- Duty of care: Just like in a standard personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defense party owed you a duty of care. In the medical relationship between a medical professional and patient, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to follow safety rules that protect the patient from harm.
- Breach of duty: The second component to a medical malpractice claim is proving that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. A medical provider breaches their duty of care to their patient when they break the basic rules for treating patients or fail to do what a responsible medical professional would have reasonably done in the same situation.
- Damages: It is not enough for the provider to have made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you were damaged. Your Chatham, IL medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law knows how complex and far-reaching your injuries and damages can be, and we will properly represent the extent of your damages.
- Causation: The last component your Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyer must prove is that it was, in fact, the medical professional or institution responsible for the care that caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, further medical bills and treatment costs, and lost wages from missed work.
You owe it to yourself to hire an experienced Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyer to represent you and fight for your recovery in your medical malpractice case. As your Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works tirelessly to prove your case. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have damaged you. With the help of our powerful and skilled Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyers, you can collect the complete damages to which you are entitled.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
When and how do cases of medical malpractice occur? Medical professionals are required to undergo extensive education in addition to clinical fieldwork before they are able to see patients and treat them. Nurses and other medical support staff must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Yet medical errors still occur. According to Johns Hopkins, there are more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year due to medical negligence. When doctors and other medical providers make mistakes, Burger Law's Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyers protect the futures of those who have been harmed so that they can make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
Burger Law's Chatham, IL medical malpractice attorneys have secured the futures of our clients, helping them win difficult medical malpractice cases and getting them the compensation they deserve. Our team has successfully workedn some of the most complex and challenging cases and have succeeded in getting our clients great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake costs you or your loved one's well-being, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Chatham, IL will help you recover, no matter the situation. Our experienced team has seen it all when it comes to medical malpractice situations, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be very dangerous. If you discover that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, contact a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Medical malpractice cases are most commonly caused by misdiagnosis.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: It is the physician or specialist's responsibility to carefully examine the patient and use that information to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. You could be denied critical care because a doctor fails to make the a diagnosis. Our Chatham, IL medical malpractice are resolute in our mission to hold physicians and specialists accountable for missing important diagnoses.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical professionals to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and help us heal. You could have a medical malpractice case if your provider fails to give you adequate treatment that could have treated your condition or prevented your worsened condition the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. Hospitals or other attending medical professionals are obligated to provide treatment and stabilize a patient in an emergency situation. In addition, if the patient develops a new condition while in the professional's care, such as an infection, the provider must treat the new condition. If they do nott, you would have a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. Surgery can change and save lives and is used when the benefits outweigh the risks. Most surgeons perform their job carefully and effectively, yet surgical errors can and do occur. Our Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyers will help you recover damages if your surgical team makes errors before, after, or during surgery. This could include the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a piece of equipment left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If you or someone you love had surgery and experienced complications like those we've listed, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Chatham, IL right away.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
The majority of medical malpractice cases can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need to find a skilled medical practice attorney you trust to represent your interests and fight for you.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Chatham, IL
If you believe you or your loved one has been injured or harmed by the negligence of a healthcare professional, you should not delay in pursuing your recovery. Speak with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer about your case. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Chatham, IL medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Let us begin working for you immediately by speaking to us now at (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Chatham, IL attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.