When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Dexter, MO. If you were treated by a physician, nurse or other medical professional who broke the rules of medical care and caused you injury, you deserve a full financial recovery for your damages. You must have skilled Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyers by your side in order to receive the full recovery you deserve. The fierce and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Dexter, MO demand fair recoveries for the injured and their families. We are not intimidated by large medical institutions and their insurance companies. We demand they pay those they have harmed. To date, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. Act now for your chance to get the full compensation you deserve. Hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Dexter, MO. Learn how we can help you through your medical malpractice case and protect your future by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Dexter, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases can be tough. One person cannot take on a large medical institution or wealthy doctor on their own You need a experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Dexter, MO who will fearlessly litigate and negotiate until you get a great settlement. Your Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyers with Burger Law do not back down until we are able to help you win your case.
Medical malpractice cases are highly technical, difficult and contested. As such, it is paramount for you to choose a lawyer that is has experience representing and winning not just simple personal injury cases, but also in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Dexter, MO-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
Contact Burger Law to receive quality and dedicated legal representation when a doctor has harmed you. We handle everything from investigating your case carefully, obtaining all evidence, evaluating the extent and value of your damages, negotiating a great settlement and providing invaluable personal support and advice every step of the way. Count on us to handle all aspects of your case including filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will stand by you every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Discuss your case with our medical malpractice lawyers in Dexter, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Dexter, MO: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. In other words, you cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you did not agree with your doctor's opinion or they were rude to you. For your medical malpractice case, your Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyer has to prove to the court that the individual or institution you are bringing your claim against had a duty to provide you with care, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
In order to recover damages in your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the four legal requirements of a Dexter, MO medical malpractice claim. A qualified medical malpractice lawyer in Dexter, MO can help. You need the support of an expert in the field to effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyer will demonstrate how your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Dexter, MO.
As your Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: As in any personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care. In a provider-patient relationship in a medical setting, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to follow safety rules that protect the patient from harm.
- Breach of duty: Next, you must prove that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. A medical provider breaches their duty of care to their patient when they break the basic rules for treating patients or fail to do what a responsible medical professional would have reasonably done in the same situation.
- Damages: You cannot sue a provider only because they made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you were damaged. Your Dexter, MO medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law knows how complex and far-reaching your injuries and damages can be, and we will properly represent the extent of your damages.
- Causation: Lastly, your Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyer must prove that it was, in fact, the medical professional or institution responsible for the care that caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, additional medical bills, and lost wages from missed work.
You owe it to yourself to find an experienced Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyer to represent you and fiercely negotiate your medical malpractice case. As your Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works hard to help you recover. We conduct expert witness depositions, detailed investigations and strategy plans for winning your case and proving how the defendant's actions have harmed you. With the help of our powerful and skilled Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyers, you can collect the complete damages to which you are entitled.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Why do instances of medical malpractice occur? Medical professionals are required to undergo years of academic work in addition to clinical training before they are able to see patients and treat them. Nurses and other medical support staff must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Despite the stringent requirements for becoming a medical professional, grave errors still occur. According to Johns Hopkins, there are more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year due to errors in medical treatment. When doctors and other medical providers make mistakes, Burger Law's Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyers fight to help those who have been injured receive a full recovery to heal and move forward.
As medical malpractice lawyers serving all Dexter, MO, Burger Law's team of medical malpractice attorneys have secured the futures of our clients, helping them win difficult medical malpractice cases and getting them the compensation they deserve. We have worked on some of the most complex and challenging cases and have helped our clients receive great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake costs you or your loved one's well-being, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Dexter, MO will help you recover, no matter the situation. We have experience with medical malpractice cases including some of the most common medical malpractice situations, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An incorrect diagnosis can be incredibly dangerous. If you find that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, speak to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. The wrong diagnosis can delay life-saving treatment or can lead a doctor to improperly prescribe a medication or other treatment. Medical malpractice cases are most commonly caused by misdiagnosis.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: It is the physician or specialist's responsibility to carefully examine the patient and use that information to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. You could be denied critical care because a doctor fails to make the a diagnosis. Our Dexter, MO medical malpractice are skilled in holding physicians and specialists accountable for missing a diagnosis that could have gotten you the treatment you needed.
- Failure to treat a condition: We rely on our medical professionals to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and help us return to health when possible. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. Hospitals or other attending medical professionals are obligated to provide treatment and stabilize a patient in an emergency situation. If a patient develops a new or worsened condition while in the professional's care, such as an infection, the provider must provide medical care to address the new condition. If they do nott, you would have a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. It is also often effective and necessary. The majority of surgeons are highly skilled and professional, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. If you or a family member underwent surgery and something went wrong in your treatment before, during or after your operation, our Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyers can help you get a full recovery. Possible surgery-related medical malpractice behaviors are the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If you or someone you love had surgery and experienced complications like those we've listed, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Dexter, MO right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
The majority of medical malpractice cases can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need the representation of a skilled medical malpractice attorney.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Dexter, MO
If you believe you or your loved one has been harmed because a healthcare worker was negligent and broke a rule, you should not delay in pursuing your recovery. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Dexter, MO medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Let us begin working for you immediately by calling (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Dexter, MO attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.