When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Edwardsville, IL. If you or your family member have been harmed by a medical professional's failure to adhere to the basic rules of treating patients, you can receive a full recovery for your damages. In order to receive all the compensation you deserve, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers near you in Edwardsville, IL. The fierce and experienced medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Edwardsville, IL demand fair recoveries for individuals and families who have been damaged by a negligent act. We stand up against large medical institutions and their insurance companies to insist that they pay for the damages they have caused. To date, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. Act now for your chance to get the full compensation you deserve. Hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Edwardsville, IL. Get help finding justice in your medical malpractice case by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Edwardsville, IL Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases are difficult. You are one person going against a large medical institution or a powerful and wealthy doctor. You need a experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Edwardsville, IL who will not be intimidated and will not stop fighting until you get a great settlement. Burger Law's Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers fight until we are able to help you win your case.
Due to the medical details involved and the high stakes involved in medical malpractice cases, it is imperative that you work with a lawyer that is has experience representing and winning not just simple personal injury cases, but also in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Edwardsville, IL-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
When you need the best legal representation for your case involving medical negligence or a doctor error, contact Burger Law. We thoroughly investigate your case, track down all evidence, determine the true value of your claim, negotiate on your behalf, and offer support and counsel every step of the way. Count on us to handle all aspects of your case including filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will stand by you every step of the way. Let us get to work on your case now. Speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Edwardsville, IL now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Edwardsville, IL: Proving Your Case
Your situation must satisfy certain requirements in order to be considered a legitimate medical malpractice case. You cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer collect damages for you simply because you did not agree with your doctor's opinion or they were rude to you. In a case of medical malpractice, your Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyer has to prove to the court that the individual or institution you are bringing your claim against had a duty to provide you with care, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
In order to recover damages in your medical malpractice case, you must prove that your case meets the requirements of a Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice claim in the court of law. A qualified medical malpractice lawyer in Edwardsville, IL can help. With our expertise, we will effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers have spent decades litigating and trying cases like yours to hone our ability to represent you. Your Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyer will demonstrate how your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Edwardsville, IL.
As your Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: As in any personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care. In a provider-patient relationship in a medical setting, the medical professional owes the patient a legal duty to follow safety rules that protect the patient from harm.
- Breach of duty: The second component to a medical malpractice claim is proving that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. When the medical provider breaks the rules for treating patients and does not act as a responsible medical provider would have acted in the same situation, they have breached their duty of care to you.
- Damages: You cannot sue a provider only because they made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you suffered harm. Your Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law will successfully demonstrate the various damages you have suffered.
- Causation: The last component your Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyer must prove is that the medical provider's actions or inactions, and not an unrelated factor, caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, further medical bills and treatment costs, and lost wages from missed work.
It is important that you select an experienced Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyer to work for you and fiercely negotiate your medical malpractice case. As your Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works tirelessly to prove your case. We conduct expert witness depositions, detailed investigations and strategy plans for winning your case and proving how the defendant's actions have harmed your life and your future. With the help of our powerful and skilled Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers, you can receive a great recovery for all the damages you have suffered.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Why do cases of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete extensive education in addition to clinical fieldwork before they are able to see patients and treat them. Other medical staff such as nurses must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Yet medical errors still occur. According to Johns Hopkins, there are more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year that are attributed to errors in medical treatment. Our experienced team of Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers hold doctors and other medical providers accountable when they break a rule and we fight to help those who have been injured make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
Burger Law's Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice attorneys have helped our clients win all manners of medical malpractice cases recover the compensation they deserve. We have worked on some of the most difficult cases and have succeeded in getting our clients great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake costs you or your loved one's well-being, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Edwardsville, IL will help you recover, no matter the situation. We have experience with medical malpractice cases including some of the most common medical malpractice situations, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be incredibly dangerous. If you find that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, contact a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Medical malpractice cases are most commonly caused by misdiagnosis.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: Your doctor is responsible for exercising their expertise and careful evaluation of your condition to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. When a doctor misses crucial information and fails to make the diagnosis, the patient could miss out on important care. Medical malpractice lawyers in Edwardsville, IL are resolute in our mission to hold physicians and specialists accountable for missing important diagnoses.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical professionals to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and make us healthy. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. In emergency situations, hospitals and medical professionals must act and provide treatment to stabilize the patient. If a patient develops a new or worsened condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must treat the new condition. Failure to do so constitutes a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. It is also often effective and necessary. Most surgeons and surgical staff are highly skilled and professional, yet surgical errors can and do occur. If you or a family member underwent surgery and something went wrong in your treatment before, during or after your operation, our Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers can help you get a full recovery. This could include the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a piece of equipment left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If you or someone you love had surgery and experienced complications like those we've listed, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Edwardsville, IL right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
The majority of medical malpractice cases can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need the representation of a skilled medical malpractice attorney.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Edwardsville, IL
If you or your family member has been injured or harmed by the negligence of a healthcare professional, you should not delay in pursuing your recovery. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Edwardsville, IL medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Let us begin working for you immediately by speaking to us now at (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Edwardsville, IL attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.