When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Hallsville, MO. When you or someone you love is harmed by a doctor, nurse, surgeon or another medical professional because they broke basic rules about safety and health care, you can receive compensation to make you whole. You must have skilled Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyers by your side in order to receive the full recovery you deserve. Our team of compassionate and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Hallsville, MO are dedicated to fighting for the injured and their families. We are not intimidated by large medical institutions and their insurance companies. We insist that they pay for the damages they have caused. To date, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. Act now for your chance to get the full compensation you deserve. Hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Hallsville, MO. Get help finding justice in your medical malpractice case by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Hallsville, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases are difficult. You are one person going against a large medical institution or a powerful and wealthy doctor. You need a strong medical malpractice lawyer in Hallsville, MO who will fearlessly litigate and negotiate until you get a great settlement. Your Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyers with Burger Law do not back down until we are able to help you win your case.
Due to the medical details involved and the high stakes involved in medical malpractice cases, it is paramount that you work with a lawyer that is has experience representing and winning not just simple personal injury cases, but also in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Hallsville, MO-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
When you need the best legal representation for your case involving medical negligence or a doctor error, contact Burger Law. We thoroughly investigate your case, track down all evidence, determine the true value of your claim, negotiate on your behalf, and offer support and counsel every step of the way. Count on us to handle all aspects of your case including filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. Your Burger Law Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyer, along with our experienced support staff, will stand by you every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Hallsville, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Hallsville, MO: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. In other words, you cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer collect damages for you simply because you disagree with the way a doctor went about your care or you do not care for their bedside manner. In a case of medical malpractice, your Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyer is tasked with proving that the medical provider you are bringing the claim against had a duty to provide you with care as a medical professional, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
To receive compensation for your medical malpractice case, you must prove that your case meets the requirements of a Hallsville, MO medical malpractice claim in the court of law. This is where a skilled and experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Hallsville, MO comes in. With our expertise, we will effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyer will demonstrate how your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Hallsville, MO.
As your Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyers, we know how to prove:
- Duty of care: Just like in a standard personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defense party owed you a duty of care. In the medical relationship between a medical professional and patient, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to provide care and refrain from doing them harm.
- Breach of duty: Next, you must prove that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. A medical provider breaches their duty of care to their patient when they break the basic rules for treating patients or fail to do what a responsible medical professional would have reasonably done in the same situation.
- Damages: You cannot sue a provider only because they made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you experienced injuries. Your Hallsville, MO medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law will successfully demonstrate the various damages you have suffered.
- Causation: The last component your Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyer must prove is that it was, in fact, the medical professional or institution responsible for the care that caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, further medical bills and treatment costs, and lost wages from missed work.
It is important that you hire an experienced Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyer to work for you and argue your medical malpractice case. As your Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyers, the Burger Law team of lawyers and staff work relentlessly to help you recover. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have harmed your life and your future. With the help of our powerful and skilled Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyers, you can collect the complete damages to which you are entitled.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Why do cases of medical malpractice occur? Medical professionals are required to undergo years of academic work and clinical training before they are qualified to treat patients on their own. Other medical staff such as nurses must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Despite the stringent requirements for becoming a medical professional, grave errors still occur. Johns Hopkins has determined that more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year due to errors in medical treatment. When doctors and other medical providers make mistakes, Burger Law's Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyers protect the futures of those who have been harmed so that they can receive a full recovery to heal and move forward.
Burger Law's Hallsville, MO medical malpractice attorneys have helped our clients win all manners of medical malpractice cases recover the compensation they deserve. Our team has successfully workedn some of the most difficult cases and have succeeded in getting our clients great recoveries. When a medical professional makes a mistake that seriously harms you or a loved one, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Hallsville, MO will help you recover, no matter the situation. We have experience with medical malpractice cases including some of the most common medical malpractice cases, including:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be very dangerous. If you find that a medical professional has given you the wrong diagnosis, speak to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Misdiagnoses are the most common cause of medical malpractice cases.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: It is the physician or specialist's responsibility to carefully examine the patient and use that information to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. When a doctor misses crucial information and fails to make the diagnosis, the patient could miss out on important care. Our Hallsville, MO medical malpractice are skilled in holding physicians and specialists accountable for missing a diagnosis that could have gotten you the treatment you needed.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical professionals to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and make us healthy. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. In emergency situations, hospitals and medical professionals must act and provide treatment to stabilize the patient. In addition, if the patient develops a new condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must provide medical care to address the new condition. Failure to do so constitutes a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. Surgery can change and save lives and is used when the benefits outweigh the risks. Most surgeons and surgical staff are highly skilled and professional, yet surgical errors can and do occur. If you or a family member underwent surgery and something went wrong in your treatment before, during or after your operation, our Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyers can help you get a full recovery. Possible surgery-related medical malpractice behaviors are the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a piece of equipment left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If you or someone you love had surgery and experienced complications like those we've listed, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Hallsville, MO right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Most cases of medical malpractice are caused by human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need to find a skilled medical practice attorney you trust to represent your interests and fight for you.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Hallsville, MO
If you believe you or your loved one has been harmed by the negligence of a healthcare professional, you need to act now. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Hallsville, MO medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Get us on your case today by calling (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Hallsville, MO attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.