When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Herculaneum, MO. When you or someone you love is harmed by a doctor, nurse, surgeon or another medical professional because they broke basic rules about safety and health care, you can receive compensation to make you whole. You must have skilled Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyers by your side in order to receive the full recovery you deserve. Our team of fierce and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Herculaneum, MO demand fair recoveries for individuals and families who have been damaged by a negligent act. We stand up against large medical institutions and their insurance companies to insist that they pay for the damages they have caused. In our decades of experience as a Herculaneum, MO injury law firm, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. To collect the complete settlement you deserve, hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Herculaneum, MO. Learn how we can help you through your medical malpractice case and protect your future by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Herculaneum, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases can be tough. You are one person going against a large medical institution or a powerful and wealthy doctor. You need a confident medical malpractice lawyer in Herculaneum, MO who will not be intimidated and will not stop fighting until you get a great settlement. Our Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyers do not stop working for you until we are able to help you win your case.
Medical malpractice cases are highly technical, difficult and contested. As such, it is paramount that you work with a lawyer that is has experience representing and winning not just simple personal injury cases, but also in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Herculaneum, MO-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
Contact Burger Law to receive quality and dedicated legal representation when a doctor has harmed you. We handle everything from investigating your case carefully, obtaining all evidence, evaluating the extent and value of your damages, negotiating a great settlement and providing invaluable personal support and advice every step of the way. Count on us to handle all aspects of your case including filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will stand by you every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Herculaneum, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Herculaneum, MO: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. In other words, you cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer collect damages for you simply because you disagree with the way a doctor went about your care or you do not care for their bedside manner. For your medical malpractice case, your Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyer is tasked with proving that the medical provider you are bringing the claim against had a duty to provide you with care as a medical professional, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
In order to recover damages in your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the requirements of a Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice claim in the court of law. This is where a skilled and experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Herculaneum, MO comes in. You need the support of an expert in the field to effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyer will demonstrate how your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Herculaneum, MO.
As your Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: As in any personal injury case, in your medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defense party owed you a duty of care. In a provider-patient relationship in a medical setting, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to provide care and refrain from doing them harm.
- Breach of duty: The second component to a medical malpractice claim is proving that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. When the medical provider breaks the rules for treating patients and does not act as a responsible medical provider would have acted in the same situation, they have breached their duty of care to you.
- Damages: It is not enough for the provider to have made a mistake. For your a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you suffered harm. Your Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law knows how complex and far-reaching your injuries and damages can be, and we will properly represent the extent of your damages.
- Causation: Lastly, your Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyer must prove that the medical provider's actions or inactions, and not an unrelated factor, caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, additional medical bills, and lost wages from missed work.
You owe it to yourself to hire an experienced Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyer to represent you and argue your medical malpractice case. As your Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works hard to help you recover. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have harmed your life and your future. With the help of our powerful and skilled Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyers, you can receive a great recovery for all the damages you have suffered.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
When and how do cases of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete extensive education in addition to clinical fieldwork before they are qualified to treat patients on their own. Other medical staff such as nurses must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Despite the stringent requirements for becoming a medical professional, grave errors still occur. Johns Hopkins has determined that more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year that are attributed to medical negligence. Our experienced team of Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyers hold doctors and other medical providers accountable when they break a rule and we fight to help those who have been injured make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
Burger Law's Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice attorneys have helped our clients win all manners of medical malpractice cases recover the compensation they deserve. We have worked on some of the most complex and challenging cases and have succeeded in getting our clients great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake seriously harms you or a loved one, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Herculaneum, MO will help you recover, no matter the situation. Our experienced team has seen it all when it comes to medical malpractice cases, including:
- Misdiagnosis: An incorrect diagnosis can be very dangerous. If you find that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, talk to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Misdiagnoses are the most common cause of medical malpractice cases.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: It is the physician or specialist's responsibility to carefully examine the patient and use that information to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. You could be denied critical care because a doctor fails to make the a diagnosis. Medical malpractice lawyers in Herculaneum, MO are skilled in holding physicians and specialists accountable for missing a diagnosis that could have gotten you the treatment you needed.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical providers to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and make us healthy. You could have a medical malpractice case if your provider fails to give you adequate treatment that could have treated your condition or prevented your worsened condition the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. In emergency situations, hospitals and medical professionals must act and provide treatment to stabilize the patient. In addition, if the patient develops a new condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must treat the new condition. If they do nott, you would have a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. Surgery can change and save lives and is used when the benefits outweigh the risks. The majority of surgeons perform their job carefully and effectively, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. Our Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyers will help you recover damages if your surgical team makes errors before, after, or during surgery. This could include the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If you or someone you love had surgery and experienced complications like those we've listed, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Herculaneum, MO right away.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Most cases of medical malpractice are caused by human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need to find a skilled medical practice attorney you trust to represent your interests and fight for you.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Herculaneum, MO
If you or your family member has been injured or harmed by the negligence of a healthcare professional, you need to act now. Speak with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer about your case. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Herculaneum, MO medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Let us begin working for you immediately by calling (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Herculaneum, MO attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.