When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Hermann, MO. If you were treated by a physician, nurse or other medical professional who broke the rules of medical care and caused you injury, you can receive compensation to make you whole. In order to receive all the compensation you deserve, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers near you in Hermann, MO. The compassionate and experienced medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Hermann, MO demand fair recoveries for individuals and families who have been damaged by a negligent act. We stand up against large medical institutions and their insurance companies to hold them accountable. In our decades of experience as a Hermann, MO injury law firm, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. Act now for your chance to get the full compensation you deserve. Hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Hermann, MO. Get help finding justice in your medical malpractice case by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Hermann, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases can be tough. One person cannot take on a large medical institution or wealthy doctor on their own You need a experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Hermann, MO who will not be intimidated and will not stop fighting until you get a great settlement. Burger Law's Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyers fight until we are able to help you win your case.
Medical malpractice cases are highly technical, difficult and contested. As such, it is paramount for you to choose a lawyer that is has experience representing and winning not just simple personal injury cases, but also in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Hermann, MO-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
Contact Burger Law to receive quality and dedicated legal representation when a doctor has harmed you. We handle everything from investigating your case carefully, obtaining all evidence, evaluating the extent and value of your damages, negotiating a great settlement and providing invaluable personal support and advice throughout the legal process. We will take care of everything from filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will stand by you every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Hermann, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Hermann, MO: Proving Your Case
Your situation must satisfy certain requirements in order to be considered a legitimate medical malpractice case. You cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you did not agree with your doctor's opinion or they were rude to you. For your medical malpractice case, your Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyer is tasked with proving that the medical provider you are bringing the claim against had a duty to provide you with care as a medical professional, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
To receive compensation for your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the requirements of a Hermann, MO medical malpractice claim in the court of law. A qualified medical malpractice lawyer in Hermann, MO can help. You need the support of an expert in the field to effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyer will help you prove that your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Hermann, MO.
As your Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: Just like in a standard personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defense party owed you a duty of care. In the medical relationship between a medical professional and patient, the medical professional owes the patient a legal duty to provide care and refrain from doing them harm.
- Breach of duty: Next, you must prove that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. When the medical provider breaks the rules for treating patients and does not act as a responsible medical provider would have acted in the same situation, they have breached their duty of care to you.
- Damages: It is not enough for the provider to have made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you suffered harm. Your Hermann, MO medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law knows how complex and far-reaching your injuries and damages can be, and we will properly represent the extent of your damages.
- Causation: The last component your Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyer must prove is that the medical provider's actions or inactions, and not an unrelated factor, caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, additional medical bills, and lost wages from missed work.
You owe it to yourself to select an experienced Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyer to work for you and argue your medical malpractice case. As your Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyers, the Burger Law team of lawyers and staff work tirelessly to help you recover. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have negatively affected your life. With the help of our powerful and skilled Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyers, you can receive a great recovery for all the damages you have suffered.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
When and how do cases of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete extensive education and clinical training before they are able to see patients and treat them. Nurses and other medical support staff must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Despite the stringent requirements for becoming a medical professional, grave errors still occur. According to Johns Hopkins, there are more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year due to errors in medical treatment. Our experienced team of Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyers hold doctors and other medical providers accountable when they break a rule and we fight to help those who have been injured make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
Burger Law's Hermann, MO medical malpractice attorneys have secured the futures of our clients, helping them win difficult medical malpractice cases and getting them the compensation they deserve. Our team has successfully workedn some of the most difficult cases and have succeeded in getting our clients great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake seriously harms you or a loved one, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Hermann, MO will help you recover, no matter the situation. We have experience with medical malpractice cases including some of the most common medical malpractice cases, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be very dangerous. If you find that a medical professional has given you the wrong diagnosis, contact a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. The wrong diagnosis can delay life-saving treatment or can lead a doctor to improperly prescribe a medication or other treatment. Misdiagnoses are the most common cause of medical malpractice cases.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: Your doctor is responsible for exercising their expertise and careful evaluation of your condition to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. You could be denied critical care because a doctor fails to make the a diagnosis. Medical malpractice lawyers in Hermann, MO are skilled in holding physicians and specialists accountable for missing a diagnosis that could have gotten you the treatment you needed.
- Failure to treat a condition: We rely on our medical professionals to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and help us heal. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. In emergency situations, hospitals and medical professionals must act and provide treatment to stabilize the patient. If a patient develops a new or worsened condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must treat the new condition. If they do nott, you would have a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. It is also often effective and necessary. The majority of surgeons and surgical staff are highly skilled and professional, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. Our Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyers will help you recover damages if your surgical team makes errors before, after, or during surgery. This could include the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If you or someone you love had surgery and experienced complications like those we've listed, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Hermann, MO right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
The majority of medical malpractice cases are caused by human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need to find a skilled medical practice attorney you trust to represent your interests and fight for you.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Hermann, MO
If you or your family member has been harmed because a healthcare worker was negligent and broke a rule, you need to act now. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Hermann, MO medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Let us begin working for you immediately by speaking to us now at (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Hermann, MO attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.