When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Highland, IL. If you or your family member have been harmed by a medical professional's failure to adhere to the basic rules of treating patients, you can receive a full recovery for your damages. You must have skilled Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyers by your side in order to receive the full recovery you deserve. The compassionate and experienced medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Highland, IL demand fair recoveries for individuals and families who have been damaged by a negligent act. We stand up against large medical institutions and their insurance companies to demand they pay those they have harmed. In our decades of experience as a Highland, IL injury law firm, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. To collect the complete settlement you deserve, hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Highland, IL. Learn how we can help you through your medical malpractice case and protect your future by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Highland, IL Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases can be tough. One person cannot take on a large medical institution or wealthy doctor on their own You need a talented medical malpractice lawyer in Highland, IL who will fight relentlessly until you get a great settlement. Burger Law's Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyers fight until we are able to help you win your case.
Medical malpractice cases are highly technical, difficult and contested. As such, it is imperative that you work with a lawyer that is not only skilled in general personal injury cases, but has specific experience and success in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Highland, IL-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
When you need the best legal representation for your case involving medical negligence or a doctor error, contact Burger Law. We thoroughly investigate your case, track down all evidence, determine the true value of your claim, negotiate on your behalf, and offer support and counsel throughout the legal process. We will take care of everything from filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. Your Burger Law Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyer, along with our experienced support staff, will stand by you every step of the way. Let us get to work on your case now. Discuss your case with our medical malpractice lawyers in Highland, IL now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Highland, IL: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. You cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer collect damages for you simply because you did not agree with your doctor's opinion or they were rude to you. In a case of medical malpractice, your Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyer has to prove to the court that the individual or institution you are bringing your claim against had a duty to provide you with care, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
In order to recover damages in your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the requirements of a Highland, IL medical malpractice claim in the court of law. A qualified medical malpractice lawyer in Highland, IL can help. You need the support of an expert in the field to effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyer will help you prove that your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Highland, IL.
As your Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: Just like in a standard personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care. In a provider-patient relationship in a medical setting, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to follow safety rules that protect the patient from harm.
- Breach of duty: Next, you must prove that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. A medical provider breaches their duty of care to their patient when they break the basic rules for treating patients or fail to do what a responsible medical professional would have reasonably done in the same situation.
- Damages: It is not enough for the provider to have made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you were injured. Your Highland, IL medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law will successfully demonstrate the various damages you have suffered.
- Causation: Lastly, your Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyer must prove that the medical provider's actions or inactions, and not an unrelated factor, caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, additional medical bills, and lost wages from missed work.
It is important that you choose an experienced Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyer to represent you and argue your medical malpractice case. As your Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyers, the Burger Law team of lawyers and staff work relentlessly to prove your case. We conduct expert witness depositions, detailed investigations and strategy plans for winning your case and proving how the defendant's actions have harmed you. With the help of our powerful and skilled Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyers, you can collect the complete damages to which you are entitled.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
When and how do instances of medical malpractice occur? Medical professionals are required to undergo years of academic work in addition to clinical fieldwork before they are qualified to treat patients on their own. Other medical staff such as nurses must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Despite the stringent requirements for becoming a medical professional, medical errors still occur. Johns Hopkins has determined that more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year that are attributed to medical negligence. When doctors and other medical providers make mistakes, Burger Law's Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyers protect the futures of those who have been harmed so that they can make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
As medical malpractice lawyers serving all Highland, IL, Burger Law's team of medical malpractice attorneys have secured the futures of our clients, helping them win difficult medical malpractice cases and getting them the compensation they deserve. Our team has successfully workedn some of the most complex and challenging cases and have succeeded in getting our clients great recoveries. When a medical professional makes a mistake that costs you or your loved one's well-being, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Highland, IL will help you recover, no matter the situation. Our experienced team has seen it all when it comes to medical malpractice situations, including:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be very dangerous. If you find that a medical professional has given you the wrong diagnosis, talk to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Medical malpractice cases are most commonly caused by misdiagnosis.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: It is the physician or specialist's responsibility to carefully examine the patient and use that information to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. You could be denied critical care because a doctor fails to make the a diagnosis. Medical malpractice lawyers in Highland, IL are skilled in holding physicians and specialists accountable for missing a diagnosis that could have gotten you the treatment you needed.
- Failure to treat a condition: We rely on our medical professionals to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and make us healthy. You could have a medical malpractice case if your provider fails to give you adequate treatment that could have treated your condition or prevented your worsened condition the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. Hospitals or other attending medical professionals are obligated to provide treatment and stabilize a patient in an emergency situation. If a patient develops a new or worsened condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must provide medical care to address the new condition. If they do nott, you would have a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: It is well known that surgery can be risky and dangerous. It is also often effective and necessary. The majority of surgeons and surgical staff perform their job carefully and effectively, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. Our Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyers will help you recover damages if your surgical team makes errors before, after, or during surgery. This could include the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a piece of equipment left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If any surgical errors happen to you or a family member, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Highland, IL right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
The majority of medical malpractice cases are caused by human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need the representation of a skilled medical malpractice attorney.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Highland, IL
If you or your family member has been injured or harmed because a healthcare worker was negligent and broke a rule, you should not delay in pursuing your recovery. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Highland, IL medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Get us on your case today by speaking to us now at (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Highland, IL attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.