When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Martinsville, IL. If you were treated by a physician, nurse or other medical professional who broke the rules of medical care and caused you injury, you deserve compensation to allow you to move beyond your injuries. In order to receive all the compensation you deserve, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers near you in Martinsville, IL. The fierce and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Martinsville, IL demand fair recoveries for individuals and families who have been damaged by a negligent act. We are not intimidated by large medical institutions and their insurance companies. We fairly compensate those they have harmed. In our decades of experience as a Martinsville, IL injury law firm, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. To collect the complete settlement you deserve, hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Martinsville, IL. Learn how we can help you through your medical malpractice case and protect your future by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Martinsville, IL Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases are difficult. One person cannot take on a large medical institution or wealthy doctor on their own You need a strong medical malpractice lawyer in Martinsville, IL who will fearlessly litigate and negotiate until you get a great settlement. Our Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers do not stop working for you until we are able to help you win your case.
Due to the medical details involved and the high stakes involved in medical malpractice cases, it is imperative that you work with a lawyer that is not only skilled in general personal injury cases, but has specific experience and success in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Martinsville, IL-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
When you need the best legal representation for your case involving medical negligence or a doctor error, contact Burger Law. We handle everything from investigating your case carefully, obtaining all evidence, evaluating the extent and value of your damages, negotiating a great settlement and providing invaluable personal support and advice every step of the way. Count on us to handle all aspects of your case including filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will stand by you every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Discuss your case with our medical malpractice lawyers in Martinsville, IL now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Martinsville, IL: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. In other words, you cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you disagree with the way a doctor went about your care or you do not care for their bedside manner. In a case of medical malpractice, your Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyer is tasked with proving that the medical provider you are bringing the claim against had a duty to provide you with care as a medical professional, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
To receive compensation for your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the requirements of a Martinsville, IL medical malpractice claim in the court of law. A qualified medical malpractice lawyer in Martinsville, IL can help. You need the support of an expert in the field to effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyer will help you prove that your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Martinsville, IL.
As your Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: As in any personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defense party owed you a duty of care. In a provider-patient relationship in a medical setting, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to follow safety rules that protect the patient from harm.
- Breach of duty: The second component to a medical malpractice claim is proving that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. When the medical provider breaks the rules for treating patients and does not act as a responsible medical provider would have acted in the same situation, they have breached their duty of care to you.
- Damages: You cannot sue a provider only because they made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you experienced injuries. Your Martinsville, IL medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law knows how complex and far-reaching your injuries and damages can be, and we will properly represent the extent of your damages.
- Causation: Lastly, your Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyer must prove that it was, in fact, the medical professional or institution responsible for the care that caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, additional medical bills, and lost wages from missed work.
You owe it to yourself to find an experienced Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyer to represent you and fight for your recovery in your medical malpractice case. As your Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works relentlessly to help you recover. We conduct expert witness depositions, detailed investigations and strategy plans for winning your case and proving how the defendant's actions have damaged you. With the help of our powerful and skilled Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers, you can collect the complete damages to which you are entitled.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
When and how do cases of medical malpractice occur? Medical professionals are required to undergo years of academic work in addition to clinical fieldwork before they are qualified to treat patients on their own. Other medical staff such as nurses must also complete many requirements before they can work with patients. Despite the stringent requirements for becoming a medical professional, medical errors still occur. Johns Hopkins has determined that more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year that are attributed to errors in medical treatment. Our experienced team of Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers hold doctors and other medical providers accountable when they break a rule and we fight to help those who have been injured make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
Burger Law's Martinsville, IL medical malpractice attorneys have helped our clients win all manners of medical malpractice cases recover the compensation they deserve. Our team has successfully workedn some of the most complex and challenging cases and have succeeded in getting our clients great recoveries. When a medical professional makes a mistake that seriously harms you or a loved one, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Martinsville, IL will help you recover, no matter the situation. Our experienced team has seen it all when it comes to medical malpractice situations, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be very dangerous. If you discover that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, contact a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. The wrong diagnosis can delay life-saving treatment or can lead a doctor to improperly prescribe a medication or other treatment. Medical malpractice cases are most commonly caused by misdiagnosis.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: Your doctor is responsible for exercising their expertise and careful evaluation of your condition to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. You could be denied critical care because a doctor fails to make the a diagnosis. Our Martinsville, IL medical malpractice are resolute in our mission to hold physicians and specialists accountable for missing important diagnoses.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical providers to administer the care we need to keep us safe and help us return to health when possible. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. In emergency situations, hospitals and medical professionals must act and provide treatment to stabilize the patient. In addition, if the patient develops a new condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must treat the new condition. If they do nott, you would have a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. Surgery can change and save lives and is used when the benefits outweigh the risks. The majority of surgeons perform their job carefully and effectively, yet surgical errors can and do occur. If you or a family member underwent surgery and something went wrong in your treatment before, during or after your operation, our Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyers can help you get a full recovery. This could include the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If you or someone you love had surgery and experienced complications like those we've listed, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Martinsville, IL right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Most cases of medical malpractice can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need the representation of a skilled medical malpractice attorney.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Martinsville, IL
If you believe you or your loved one has been injured or harmed because a healthcare worker was negligent and broke a rule, you need to act now. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Martinsville, IL medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Get us on your case today by speaking to us now at (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Martinsville, IL attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.