When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Newton, IL. If you or your family member have been harmed by a medical professional's failure to adhere to the basic rules of treating patients, you deserve compensation to allow you to move beyond your injuries. In order to receive all the compensation you deserve, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers near you in Newton, IL. Our team of committed and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Newton, IL demand fair recoveries for the injured and their families. We stand up against large medical institutions and their insurance companies to fairly compensate those they have harmed. In our decades of experience as a Newton, IL injury law firm, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. To collect the complete settlement you deserve, hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Newton, IL. Learn how we can help you through your medical malpractice case and protect your future by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Newton, IL Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases are difficult. You are one person going against a large medical institution or a powerful and wealthy doctor. You need a strong medical malpractice lawyer in Newton, IL who will fight relentlessly until you get a great settlement. Our Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyers do not stop working for you until we are able to help you win your case.
Due to the medical details involved and the high stakes involved in medical malpractice cases, it is imperative that you work with a lawyer that is has experience representing and winning not just simple personal injury cases, but also in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Newton, IL-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
When you need the best legal representation for your case involving medical negligence or a doctor error, contact Burger Law. We thoroughly investigate your case, track down all evidence, determine the true value of your claim, negotiate on your behalf, and offer support and counsel throughout the legal process. We will take care of everything from filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will fight for your claim every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Newton, IL now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Newton, IL: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. You cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer collect damages for you simply because you did not agree with your doctor's opinion or they were rude to you. In a case of medical malpractice, your Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyer is tasked with proving that the medical provider you are bringing the claim against had a duty to provide you with care as a medical professional, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
In order to recover damages in your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the four legal requirements of a Newton, IL medical malpractice claim. A qualified medical malpractice lawyer in Newton, IL can help. With our expertise, we will effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyer will help you prove that your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Newton, IL.
As your Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: As in any personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care. In the medical relationship between a medical professional and patient, the medical professional owes the patient a legal duty to follow safety rules that protect the patient from harm.
- Breach of duty: Next, you must prove that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. A medical provider breaches their duty of care to their patient when they break the basic rules for treating patients or fail to do what a responsible medical professional would have reasonably done in the same situation.
- Damages: It is not enough for the provider to have made a mistake. For your a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you experienced injuries. Your Newton, IL medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law knows how complex and far-reaching your injuries and damages can be, and we will properly represent the extent of your damages.
- Causation: The last component your Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyer must prove is that it was, in fact, the medical professional or institution responsible for the care that caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, further medical bills and treatment costs, and lost wages from missed work.
You owe it to yourself to choose an experienced Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyer to represent you and argue your medical malpractice case. As your Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyers, the Burger Law team of lawyers and staff work hard to prove your case. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have damaged you. With the help of our powerful and skilled Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyers, you can collect the complete damages to which you are entitled.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
When and how do cases of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete years of academic work in addition to clinical training before they are qualified to treat patients on their own. Other medical staff such as nurses must also complete many requirements before they can work with patients. Yet grave errors still occur. According to Johns Hopkins, there are more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year that are attributed to errors in medical treatment. Our experienced team of Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyers hold doctors and other medical providers accountable when they break a rule and we protect the futures of those who have been harmed so that they can make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
As medical malpractice lawyers serving all Newton, IL, Burger Law's team of medical malpractice attorneys have helped our clients win all manners of medical malpractice cases recover the compensation they deserve. We have worked on some of the most difficult cases and have helped our clients receive great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake costs you or your loved one's well-being, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Newton, IL will help you recover, no matter the situation. Our experienced team has seen it all when it comes to medical malpractice cases, including:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be very dangerous. If you find that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, speak to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. The wrong diagnosis can delay life-saving treatment or can lead a doctor to improperly prescribe a medication or other treatment. Misdiagnoses are the most common cause of medical malpractice cases.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: Your doctor is responsible for exercising their expertise and careful evaluation of your condition to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. You could be denied critical care because a doctor fails to make the a diagnosis. Our Newton, IL medical malpractice are resolute in our mission to hold physicians and specialists accountable for missing important diagnoses.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical providers to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and make us healthy. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. In emergency situations, hospitals and medical professionals must act and provide treatment to stabilize the patient. In addition, if the patient develops a new condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must treat the new condition. If they do nott, you would have a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. Surgery can change and save lives and is used when the benefits outweigh the risks. Most surgeons are highly skilled and professional, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. If you or a family member underwent surgery and something went wrong in your treatment before, during or after your operation, our Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyers can help you get a full recovery. Possible surgery-related medical malpractice behaviors are the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If you or someone you love had surgery and experienced complications like those we've listed, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Newton, IL right away.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Most cases of medical malpractice can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need the representation of a skilled medical malpractice attorney.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Newton, IL
If you believe you or your loved one has been injured or harmed by the negligence of a healthcare professional, you need to act now. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Newton, IL medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Get us on your case today by speaking to us now at (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Newton, IL attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.