When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Pana, IL. If you or your family member have been harmed by a medical professional's failure to adhere to the basic rules of treating patients, you deserve compensation to allow you to move beyond your injuries. You must have skilled Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyers by your side in order to receive the full recovery you deserve. The compassionate and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Pana, IL are dedicated to fighting for the injured and their families. We stand up against large medical institutions and their insurance companies to insist that they pay for the damages they have caused. In our decades of experience as a Pana, IL injury law firm, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. To collect the complete settlement you deserve, hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Pana, IL. Get help finding justice in your medical malpractice case by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Pana, IL Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases are difficult. You are one person going against a large medical institution or a powerful and wealthy doctor. You need a talented medical malpractice lawyer in Pana, IL who will not be intimidated and will not stop fighting until you get a great settlement. Your Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyers with Burger Law do not back down until we are able to help you win your case.
Due to the medical details involved and the high stakes involved in medical malpractice cases, it is paramount that you work with a lawyer that is has experience representing and winning not just simple personal injury cases, but also in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Pana, IL-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
Contact Burger Law to receive quality and dedicated legal representation when a doctor has harmed you. We thoroughly investigate your case, track down all evidence, determine the true value of your claim, negotiate on your behalf, and offer support and counsel every step of the way. We will take care of everything from filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will stand by you every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Pana, IL now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Pana, IL: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. You cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you disagree with the way a doctor went about your care or you do not care for their bedside manner. In a case of medical malpractice, your Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyer has to prove to the court that the individual or institution you are bringing your claim against had a duty to provide you with care, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
In order to recover damages in your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the requirements of a Pana, IL medical malpractice claim in the court of law. This is where a skilled and experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Pana, IL comes in. With our expertise, we will effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyer will help you prove that your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Pana, IL.
As your Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyers, we know how to prove:
- Duty of care: Just like in a standard personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care. In a provider-patient relationship in a medical setting, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to follow safety rules that protect the patient from harm.
- Breach of duty: Next, you must prove that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. When the medical provider breaks the rules for treating patients and does not act as a responsible medical provider would have acted in the same situation, they have breached their duty of care to you.
- Damages: It is not enough for the provider to have made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you experienced injuries. Your Pana, IL medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law will successfully demonstrate the various damages you have suffered.
- Causation: The last component your Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyer must prove is that the medical provider's actions or inactions, and not an unrelated factor, caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, further medical bills and treatment costs, and lost wages from missed work.
You owe it to yourself to hire an experienced Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyer to work for you and fight for your recovery in your medical malpractice case. As your Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works relentlessly to help you recover. We conduct expert witness depositions, detailed investigations and strategy plans for winning your case and proving how the defendant's actions have harmed you. With the help of our powerful and skilled Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyers, you can receive a great recovery for all the damages you have suffered.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
When and how do instances of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete extensive education in addition to clinical training before they are qualified to treat patients on their own. Other medical staff such as nurses must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Yet grave errors still occur. According to Johns Hopkins, there are more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year due to medical negligence. Our experienced team of Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyers hold doctors and other medical providers accountable when they break a rule and we fight to help those who have been injured make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
As medical malpractice lawyers serving all Pana, IL, Burger Law's team of medical malpractice attorneys have secured the futures of our clients, helping them win difficult medical malpractice cases and getting them the compensation they deserve. We have worked on some of the most complex and challenging cases and have helped our clients receive great recoveries. When a medical professional makes a mistake that seriously harms you or a loved one, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Pana, IL will help you recover, no matter the situation. Our experienced team has seen it all when it comes to medical malpractice situations, including:
- Misdiagnosis: An incorrect diagnosis can be incredibly dangerous. If you discover that a medical professional has given you the wrong diagnosis, speak to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Misdiagnoses are the most common cause of medical malpractice cases.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: It is the physician or specialist's responsibility to carefully examine the patient and use that information to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. You could be denied critical care because a doctor fails to make the a diagnosis. Our Pana, IL medical malpractice are resolute in our mission to hold physicians and specialists accountable for missing a diagnosis that could have gotten you the treatment you needed.
- Failure to treat a condition: We rely on our medical professionals to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and help us return to health when possible. You could have a medical malpractice case if your provider fails to give you adequate treatment that could have treated your condition or prevented your worsened condition the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. In emergency situations, hospitals and medical professionals must act and provide treatment to stabilize the patient. If a patient develops a new or worsened condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must treat the new condition. If they do nott, you would have a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. It is also often effective and necessary. The majority of surgeons are highly skilled and professional, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. If you or a family member underwent surgery and something went wrong in your treatment before, during or after your operation, our Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyers can help you get a full recovery. Possible surgery-related medical malpractice behaviors are the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a piece of equipment left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If you or someone you love had surgery and experienced complications like those we've listed, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Pana, IL right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Most cases of medical malpractice can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need the representation of a skilled medical malpractice attorney.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Pana, IL
If you believe you or your loved one has been injured or harmed by the negligence of a healthcare professional, you must take action right away. Speak with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer about your case. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Pana, IL medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Let us begin working for you immediately by speaking to us now at (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Pana, IL attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.