When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Salem, IL. If you were treated by a physician, nurse or other medical professional who broke the rules of medical care and caused you injury, you can receive compensation to make you whole. You must have skilled Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyers by your side in order to receive the full recovery you deserve. The fierce and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Salem, IL are dedicated to fighting for individuals and families who have been damaged by a negligent act. We are not intimidated by large medical institutions and their insurance companies. We fairly compensate those they have harmed. To date, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. To collect the complete settlement you deserve, hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Salem, IL. Get help finding justice in your medical malpractice case by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Salem, IL Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases can be tough. One person cannot take on a large medical institution or wealthy doctor on their own You need a experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Salem, IL who will fight relentlessly until you get a great settlement. Our Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyers do not stop working for you until we are able to help you win your case.
Due to the medical details involved and the high stakes involved in medical malpractice cases, it is imperative that you work with a lawyer that is not only skilled in general personal injury cases, but has specific experience and success in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Salem, IL-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
When you need the best legal representation for your case involving medical negligence or a doctor error, contact Burger Law. We thoroughly investigate your case, track down all evidence, determine the true value of your claim, negotiate on your behalf, and offer support and counsel every step of the way. Count on us to handle all aspects of your case including filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will stand by you every step of the way. Let us get to work on your case now. Speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Salem, IL now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Salem, IL: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. You cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you did not agree with your doctor's opinion or they were rude to you. For your medical malpractice case, your Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyer is tasked with proving that the medical provider you are bringing the claim against had a duty to provide you with care as a medical professional, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
In order to recover damages in your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the requirements of a Salem, IL medical malpractice claim in the court of law. A qualified medical malpractice lawyer in Salem, IL can help. You need the support of an expert in the field to effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyers have spent decades litigating and trying cases like yours to hone our ability to represent you. Your Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyer will help you prove that your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Salem, IL.
As your Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: As in any personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defense party owed you a duty of care. In the medical relationship between a medical professional and patient, the medical professional owes the patient a legal duty to follow safety rules that protect the patient from harm.
- Breach of duty: The second component to a medical malpractice claim is proving that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. A medical provider breaches their duty of care to their patient when they break the basic rules for treating patients or fail to do what a responsible medical professional would have reasonably done in the same situation.
- Damages: You cannot sue a provider only because they made a mistake. In order to have a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you suffered harm. Your Salem, IL medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law will successfully demonstrate the various damages you have suffered.
- Causation: The last component your Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyer must prove is that it was, in fact, the medical professional or institution responsible for the care that caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, further medical bills and treatment costs, and lost wages from missed work.
It is important that you find an experienced Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyer to represent you and fight for your recovery in your medical malpractice case. As your Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works tirelessly to help you recover. We conduct expert witness depositions, detailed investigations and strategy plans for winning your case and proving how the defendant's actions have harmed your life and your future. With the help of our powerful and skilled Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyers, you can receive a great recovery for all the damages you have suffered.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
When and how do instances of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete years of academic work in addition to clinical training before they are able to see patients and treat them. Other medical staff such as nurses must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Yet medical errors still occur. Johns Hopkins has determined that more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year that are attributed to medical negligence. When doctors and other medical providers make mistakes, Burger Law's Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyers protect the futures of those who have been harmed so that they can receive a full recovery to heal and move forward.
Burger Law's Salem, IL medical malpractice attorneys have secured the futures of our clients, helping them win difficult medical malpractice cases and getting them the compensation they deserve. We have worked on some of the most difficult cases and have helped our clients receive great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake costs you or your loved one's well-being, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Salem, IL will help you recover, no matter the situation. We have experience with medical malpractice cases including some of the most common medical malpractice situations, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be incredibly dangerous. If you discover that a medical professional has given you the wrong diagnosis, contact a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Misdiagnoses are the most common cause of medical malpractice cases.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: Your doctor is responsible for exercising their expertise and careful evaluation of your condition to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. When a doctor misses crucial information and fails to make the diagnosis, the patient could miss out on important care. Medical malpractice lawyers in Salem, IL are skilled in holding physicians and specialists accountable for missing important diagnoses.
- Failure to treat a condition: We rely on our medical professionals to administer the care we need to keep us safe and make us healthy. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. In emergency situations, hospitals and medical professionals must act and provide treatment to stabilize the patient. If a patient develops a new or worsened condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must treat the new condition. If they do nott, you would have a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: It is well known that surgery can be risky and dangerous. Surgery can change and save lives and is used when the benefits outweigh the risks. Most surgeons perform their job carefully and effectively, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. If you or a family member underwent surgery and something went wrong in your treatment before, during or after your operation, our Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyers can help you get a full recovery. Possible surgery-related medical malpractice behaviors are the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a piece of equipment left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If any surgical errors happen to you or a family member, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Salem, IL right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Most cases of medical malpractice are caused by human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need to find a skilled medical practice attorney you trust to represent your interests and fight for you.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Salem, IL
If you believe you or your loved one has been injured or harmed by the negligence of a healthcare professional, you need to act now. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Salem, IL medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Let us begin working for you immediately by calling (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Salem, IL attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.