When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Scott City, MO. If you or your family member have been harmed by a medical professional's failure to adhere to the basic rules of treating patients, you can receive a full recovery for your damages. In order to receive all the compensation you deserve, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers near you in Scott City, MO. The committed and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in Scott City, MO are dedicated to fighting for the injured and their families. We stand up against large medical institutions and their insurance companies to insist that they pay for the damages they have caused. In our decades of experience as a Scott City, MO injury law firm, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. To collect the complete settlement you deserve, hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Scott City, MO. Learn how we can help you through your medical malpractice case and protect your future by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
Scott City, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases can be tough. One person cannot take on a large medical institution or wealthy doctor on their own You need a strong medical malpractice lawyer in Scott City, MO who will fight relentlessly until you get a great settlement. Your Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyers with Burger Law do not back down until we are able to help you win your case.
Medical malpractice cases are highly technical, difficult and contested. As such, it is imperative for you to choose a lawyer that is has experience representing and winning not just simple personal injury cases, but also in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's Scott City, MO-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
Contact Burger Law to receive quality and dedicated legal representation when a doctor has harmed you. We thoroughly investigate your case, track down all evidence, determine the true value of your claim, negotiate on your behalf, and offer support and counsel throughout the legal process. We will take care of everything from filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. You will have a dedicated Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyer and legal support staff from Burger Law who will fight for your claim every step of the way. We will begin working for you today. Speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Scott City, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers Scott City, MO: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. You cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you did not agree with your doctor's opinion or they were rude to you. For your medical malpractice case, your Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyer is tasked with proving that the medical provider you are bringing the claim against had a duty to provide you with care as a medical professional, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
In order to recover damages in your medical malpractice case, you must prove that your case meets the requirements of a Scott City, MO medical malpractice claim in the court of law. A qualified medical malpractice lawyer in Scott City, MO can help. You need the support of an expert in the field to effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyer will help you prove that your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in Scott City, MO.
As your Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: Just like in a standard personal injury case, to have a medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care. In the medical relationship between a medical professional and patient, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to follow safety rules that protect the patient from harm.
- Breach of duty: The second component to a medical malpractice claim is proving that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. When the medical provider breaks the rules for treating patients and does not act as a responsible medical provider would have acted in the same situation, they have breached their duty of care to you.
- Damages: It is not enough for the provider to have made a mistake. For your a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you suffered harm. Your Scott City, MO medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law will successfully demonstrate the various damages you have suffered.
- Causation: Lastly, your Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyer must prove that it was, in fact, the medical professional or institution responsible for the care that caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, further medical bills and treatment costs, and lost wages from missed work.
You owe it to yourself to select an experienced Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyer to work for you and argue your medical malpractice case. As your Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyers, the Burger Law team of lawyers and staff work tirelessly to help you recover. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have negatively affected your life. With the help of our powerful and skilled Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyers, you can receive a great recovery for all the damages you have suffered.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
When and how do cases of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete years of academic work and clinical training before they are able to see patients and treat them. Nurses and other medical support staff must also complete many requirements before they can work with patients. Despite the stringent requirements for becoming a medical professional, medical errors still occur. Johns Hopkins has determined that more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year that are attributed to errors in medical treatment. When doctors and other medical providers make mistakes, Burger Law's Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyers fight to help those who have been injured make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
As medical malpractice lawyers serving all Scott City, MO, Burger Law's team of medical malpractice attorneys have helped our clients win all manners of medical malpractice cases recover the compensation they deserve. Our team has successfully workedn some of the most difficult cases and have succeeded in getting our clients great recoveries. When a medical professional makes a mistake that seriously harms you or a loved one, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in Scott City, MO will help you recover, no matter the situation. Our experienced team has seen it all when it comes to medical malpractice situations, such as:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be very dangerous. If you discover that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, talk to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Medical malpractice cases are most commonly caused by misdiagnosis.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: Your doctor is responsible for exercising their expertise and careful evaluation of your condition to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. You could be denied critical care because a doctor fails to make the a diagnosis. Medical malpractice lawyers in Scott City, MO are resolute in our mission to hold physicians and specialists accountable for missing important diagnoses.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical providers to administer the care we need to keep us safe and help us heal. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. In emergency situations, hospitals and medical professionals must act and provide treatment to stabilize the patient. In addition, if the patient develops a new condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must treat the new condition. If they do nott, you would have a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: It is well known that surgery can be risky and dangerous. It is also often effective and necessary. Most surgeons are highly skilled and professional, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. Our Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyers will help you recover damages if your surgical team makes errors before, after, or during surgery. Possible surgery-related medical malpractice behaviors are the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left inside the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If any surgical errors happen to you or a family member, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in Scott City, MO right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
The majority of medical malpractice cases are caused by human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need to find a skilled medical practice attorney you trust to represent your interests and fight for you.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Scott City, MO
If you believe you or your loved one has been harmed by the negligence of a healthcare professional, you must take action right away. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished Scott City, MO medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Let us begin working for you immediately by calling (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our Scott City, MO attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.