When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers South St. Louis County, MO. If you were treated by a physician, nurse or other medical professional who broke the rules of medical care and caused you injury, you can receive a full recovery for your damages. You must have skilled South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyers by your side in order to receive the full recovery you deserve. The dedicated and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in South St. Louis County, MO demand fair recoveries for individuals and families who have been damaged by a negligent act. We are not intimidated by large medical institutions and their insurance companies. We insist that they pay for the damages they have caused. In our decades of experience as a South St. Louis County, MO injury law firm, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. Act now for your chance to get the full compensation you deserve. Hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in South St. Louis County, MO. Learn how we can help you through your medical malpractice case and protect your future by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
South St. Louis County, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases are difficult. You are one person going against a large medical institution or a powerful and wealthy doctor. You need a strong medical malpractice lawyer in South St. Louis County, MO who will fearlessly litigate and negotiate until you get a great settlement. Our South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyers do not stop working for you until we are able to help you win your case.
Medical malpractice cases are highly technical, difficult and contested. As such, it is imperative for you to choose a lawyer that is has experience representing and winning not just simple personal injury cases, but also in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's South St. Louis County, MO-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
When you need the best legal representation for your case involving medical negligence or a doctor error, contact Burger Law. We thoroughly investigate your case, track down all evidence, determine the true value of your claim, negotiate on your behalf, and offer support and counsel throughout the legal process. We will take care of everything from filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. Your Burger Law South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyer, along with our experienced support staff, will stand by you every step of the way. Let us get to work on your case now. Speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in South St. Louis County, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers South St. Louis County, MO: Proving Your Case
Your situation must satisfy certain requirements in order to be considered a legitimate medical malpractice case. You cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you disagree with the way a doctor went about your care or you do not care for their bedside manner. In a case of medical malpractice, your South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyer is tasked with proving that the medical provider you are bringing the claim against had a duty to provide you with care as a medical professional, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
In order to recover damages in your medical malpractice case, you must prove that your case meets the requirements of a South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice claim in the court of law. This is where a skilled and experienced medical malpractice lawyer in South St. Louis County, MO comes in. You need the support of an expert in the field to effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyer will demonstrate how your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in South St. Louis County, MO.
As your South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyers, we will help you prove:
- Duty of care: As in any personal injury case, in your medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defense party owed you a duty of care. In a provider-patient relationship in a medical setting, the medical professional owes the patient a legal duty to provide care and refrain from doing them harm.
- Breach of duty: The second component to a medical malpractice claim is proving that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. A medical provider breaches their duty of care to their patient when they break the basic rules for treating patients or fail to do what a responsible medical professional would have reasonably done in the same situation.
- Damages: You cannot sue a provider only because they made a mistake. For your a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you were damaged. Your South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law will successfully demonstrate the various damages you have suffered.
- Causation: The last component your South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyer must prove is that the medical provider's actions or inactions, and not an unrelated factor, caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, further medical bills and treatment costs, and lost wages from missed work.
It is important that you find an experienced South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyer to work for you and argue your medical malpractice case. As your South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyers, the legal team of Burger Law works relentlessly to help you recover. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have negatively affected your life. With the help of our powerful and skilled South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyers, you can receive a great recovery for all the damages you have suffered.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Why do cases of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete years of academic work and clinical fieldwork before they are able to see patients and treat them. Other medical staff such as nurses must also complete many requirements before they can work with patients. Despite the stringent requirements for becoming a medical professional, medical errors still occur. Johns Hopkins has determined that more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year due to medical negligence. Our experienced team of South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyers hold doctors and other medical providers accountable when they break a rule and we fight to help those who have been injured make the recovery necessary to heal and move forward.
Burger Law's South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice attorneys have secured the futures of our clients, helping them win difficult medical malpractice cases and getting them the compensation they deserve. We have worked on some of the most difficult cases and have helped our clients receive great recoveries. When a medical professional makes a mistake that costs you or your loved one's well-being, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in South St. Louis County, MO will help you recover, no matter the situation. We have experience with medical malpractice cases including some of the most common medical malpractice situations, including:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be very dangerous. If you discover that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, contact a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Misdiagnoses are the most common cause of medical malpractice cases.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: It is the physician or specialist's responsibility to carefully examine the patient and use that information to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. You could be denied critical care because a doctor fails to make the a diagnosis. Our South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice are resolute in our mission to hold physicians and specialists accountable for missing a diagnosis that could have gotten you the treatment you needed.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical providers to administer the care we need to keep us safe and help us return to health when possible. You could have a medical malpractice case if your provider fails to give you adequate treatment that could have treated your condition or prevented your worsened condition the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. Hospitals or other attending medical professionals are obligated to provide treatment and stabilize a patient in an emergency situation. In addition, if the patient develops a new condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must provide medical care to address the new condition. Failure to do so constitutes a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. It is also often effective and necessary. The majority of surgeons are highly skilled and professional, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. If you or a family member underwent surgery and something went wrong in your treatment before, during or after your operation, our South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyers can help you get a full recovery. Possible surgery-related medical malpractice behaviors are the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left inside the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If any surgical errors happen to you or a family member, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in South St. Louis County, MO right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
The majority of medical malpractice cases can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need the representation of a skilled medical malpractice attorney.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in South St. Louis County, MO
If you or your family member has been harmed because a healthcare worker was negligent and broke a rule, you must take action right away. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished South St. Louis County, MO medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Let us begin working for you immediately by calling (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our South St. Louis County, MO attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.