When a medical provider makes a mistake at the expense of your health, we ensure that you get a full recovery
Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical Malpractice Lawyers St. Francois County, MO. If you or your family member have been harmed by a medical professional's failure to adhere to the basic rules of treating patients, you deserve a full financial recovery for your damages. In order to receive all the compensation you deserve, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers near you in St. Francois County, MO. The fierce and experienced medical malpractice lawyers of Burger Law in St. Francois County, MO demand fair recoveries for individuals and families who have been damaged by a negligent act. We are not intimidated by large medical institutions and their insurance companies. We demand they pay those they have harmed. To date, we have helped our clients receive over $170 million in verdicts and settlements and continue to ensure that people who have been damaged by medical malpractice receive the compensation they deserve. To collect the complete settlement you deserve, hire Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in St. Francois County, MO. Get help finding justice in your medical malpractice case by speaking to one of our skilled attorneys today at (314) 500-HURT or online now.
St. Francois County, MO Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases are difficult. One person cannot take on a large medical institution or wealthy doctor on their own You need a strong medical malpractice lawyer in St. Francois County, MO who will fearlessly litigate and negotiate until you get a great settlement. Your St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyers with Burger Law do not back down until we are able to help you win your case.
Due to the medical details involved and the high stakes involved in medical malpractice cases, it is paramount that you work with a lawyer that is not only skilled in general personal injury cases, but has specific experience and success in difficult and complex medical malpractice cases. Burger Law's St. Francois County, MO-based medical malpractice lawyers have obtained great results for our clients for more than two decades. Our commitment to going above and beyond for our clients and our skill in delivering top settlements have earned us the honor of the highest and most reviewed law firm in the area.
When you need the best legal representation for your case involving medical negligence or a doctor error, contact Burger Law. We handle everything from investigating your case carefully, obtaining all evidence, evaluating the extent and value of your damages, negotiating a great settlement and providing invaluable personal support and advice throughout the legal process. Count on us to handle all aspects of your case including filing all paperwork on time and without error, communicating between yourself and the insurance company, helping you get the medical care you need to recover and speaking with healthcare professionals who act as a critical witness to translate the facts of your case in lay terms. Your Burger Law St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyer, along with our experienced support staff, will stand by you every step of the way. Let us get to work on your case now. Discuss your case with our medical malpractice lawyers in St. Francois County, MO now at (314) 500-HURT.
What Do I need to Do to File a Malpractice Case
Click to view video
Medical Malpractice Lawyers St. Francois County, MO: Proving Your Case
In order to have a medical malpractice case, certain facts must be true. You cannot have a medical malpractice lawyer sue a doctor or nurse for you simply because you disagree with the way a doctor went about your care or you do not care for their bedside manner. For your medical malpractice case, your St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyer has to prove to the court that the individual or institution you are bringing your claim against had a duty to provide you with care, that they failed to meet this duty, that you were harmed and that it was their behavior or failure to act that caused you harm.
To receive compensation for your medical malpractice case, you have to prove that your case meets the four legal requirements of a St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice claim. This is where a skilled and experienced medical malpractice lawyer in St. Francois County, MO comes in. You need the support of an expert in the field to effectively investigate, negotiate and present the facts of your claim. The experienced Burger Law St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyers have the skill and strategies to successfully present and argue your case. Your St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyer will demonstrate how your case meets the requirements of medical malpractice in St. Francois County, MO.
As your St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyers, we know how to prove:
- Duty of care: As in any personal injury case, in your medical malpractice claim you must prove that the defense party owed you a duty of care. In a provider-patient relationship in a medical setting, the provider owes the patient a legal duty to provide care and refrain from doing them harm.
- Breach of duty: The second component to a medical malpractice claim is proving that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. When the medical provider breaks the rules for treating patients and does not act as a responsible medical provider would have acted in the same situation, they have breached their duty of care to you.
- Damages: It is not enough for the provider to have made a mistake. For your a successful medical malpractice claim, you must prove that you were injured. Your St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice attorney from Burger Law knows how complex and far-reaching your injuries and damages can be, and we will properly represent the extent of your damages.
- Causation: Lastly, your St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyer must prove that the medical provider's actions or inactions, and not an unrelated factor, caused your injuries and damages, such as pain and suffering, additional medical bills, and lost wages from missed work.
It is important that you choose an experienced St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyer to represent you and argue your medical malpractice case. As your St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyers, the Burger Law team of lawyers and staff work hard to prove your case. We depose expert witnesses, conduct thorough investigations, and strategically plan out our strongest arguments to paint an undeniable picture of how the defendant's actions have harmed your life and your future. With the help of our powerful and skilled St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyers, you can receive a great recovery for all the damages you have suffered.
Can You Sue The Federal Government When Injured?
Can you sue the federal government when injured? What are federal tort cl …
What Compensation Will I Receive in My Birth Injury Lawsuit?
What Compensation Will I Receive in a Birth Injury Lawsuit? When your chi …
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Who Can I Sue in a Medical Malpractice Case? Doctors are among the most t …
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Why do instances of medical malpractice occur? Doctors, surgeons and other providers are required to complete years of academic work in addition to clinical training before they are able to see patients and treat them. Nurses and other medical support staff must complete requirements of their profession before they can work with patients. Yet grave errors still occur. According to Johns Hopkins, there are more than 150,000 deaths in the United States every year due to medical negligence. When doctors and other medical providers make mistakes, Burger Law's St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyers protect the futures of those who have been harmed so that they can receive a full recovery to heal and move forward.
As medical malpractice lawyers serving all St. Francois County, MO, Burger Law's team of medical malpractice attorneys have helped our clients win all manners of medical malpractice cases recover the compensation they deserve. We have worked on some of the most difficult cases and have helped our clients receive great recoveries. After a medical provider's mistake costs you or your loved one's well-being, Burger Law's medical malpractice lawyers in St. Francois County, MO will help you recover, no matter the situation. We have experience with medical malpractice cases including some of the most common medical malpractice cases, including:
- Misdiagnosis: An erronious diagnosis can be very dangerous. If you find that you have been misdiagnosed by your doctor, speak to a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. With the wrong diagnosis, you could be harmed by undergoing the wrong treatment or by not receiving timely, appropriate treatment that could have managed your condition. Misdiagnoses are the most common cause of medical malpractice cases.
- Delayed or missed diagnosis: Your doctor is responsible for exercising their expertise and careful evaluation of your condition to detect and provide the correct diagnosis. When a doctor misses crucial information and fails to make the diagnosis, the patient could miss out on important care. Our St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice are resolute in our mission to hold physicians and specialists accountable for missing important diagnoses.
- Failure to treat a condition: We trust our medical professionals to use their knowledge and medical background to keep us safe and help us heal. Medical malpractice occurs when the medical professional charged with a patient's care fails to provide treatment to address a condition or save the patient's life. Hospitals or other attending medical professionals are obligated to provide treatment and stabilize a patient in an emergency situation. In addition, if the patient develops a new condition while being treated by a provider, such as an infection, the provider must provide medical care to address the new condition. Failure to do so constitutes a medical malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: We are all aware of how complicated surgery can be and the gravity of its associated risks. It is also often effective and necessary. Most surgeons perform their job carefully and effectively, yet mistakes and errors can still happen during surgery. Our St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyers will help you recover damages if your surgical team makes errors before, after, or during surgery. Possible surgery-related medical malpractice behaviors are the wrong dose or timing of anesthesia, a wrong incision, a foreign object left within the body, operation on the wrong body part, or failure to monitor and maintain vitals. If you or someone you love had surgery and experienced complications like those we've listed, speak to our medical malpractice lawyers in St. Francois County, MO right now.
- Prescription errors: Errors in prescribing medication happen when a doctor prescribes too small or large a dose, prescribes a medication that interacts dangerously with other prescribed medications, mistakenly prescribes the wrong medication or a pharmacist makes a mistake in filling the prescription. Prescription mistakes happen along every step of the prescribing process and require the work of medical malpractice lawyers to obtain a rightful recovery.
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries are a threat to both mothers and newborns. Failing to detect and treat a condition during pregnancy, causing complications during pregnancy such as by prescribing an unsafe medication for a pregnant woman, causing injury during the delivery process or failing to intervene upon the presentation of distress signs are all medical malpractice birth injury examples.
Hospital System Failures
Click to view video
Clear Medical Malpractice Violations
Click to view video
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Most cases of medical malpractice can be attributed to human error and the strains of the industry. Though they have extensive training and must meet specific standards, doctors and other medical professionals are, indeed, human. Errors occur when those responsible for your care are inexperienced, improperly trained, overworked, burned out or fatigued. Miscommunication and systemic problems in the healthcare system also contribute to medical errors. Regardless of the cause, if a physician, technician, or other medical professional's negligence has caused you harm, you need the representation of a skilled medical malpractice attorney.
Work with Medical Malpractice Lawyers in St. Francois County, MO
If you believe you or your loved one has been harmed because a healthcare worker was negligent and broke a rule, you should not delay in pursuing your recovery. Have an experienced medical malpractice review your case for free. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your situation with an accomplished St. Francois County, MO medical malpractice lawyer and to determine what you can do to get the compensation you are owed. Get us on your case today by speaking to us now at (314) 500-HURT or by filling out our form, found here. Our St. Francois County, MO attorneys are ready to demand your full recovery and will not rest until justice is served.